What are your 2 picks of different styled bikes? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What are your 2 picks of different styled bikes?

Jay Alexander

I used to only be into sporty bikes. Now I'm thinking I want a cafe racer and an adv maybe, to satisfy 2 different kinds of rides.

Then again, I also want a 20 year old goldwing to tour the continent.

What are your top two choices?

I used to only be into sporty bikes. Now I'm thinking I want a cafe racer and an adv maybe, to satisfy 2 different kinds of rides.

Then again, I also want a 20 year old goldwing to tour the continent.

What are your top two choices?
adv bike + honda grom would be a great combination

You can also do a fair bit of touring an an ADV bike

A lightweight supermoto for sure would be one. As for the second, a Tuono or something similar (I refuse to call it a naked since it has most of the RSV4 fairings and a windshield, more like a "touring" version of the RSV4), to pick up where the supermoto can't go.

right now, have kawasaki ninja 650R sport tourer, with mods, drop bars, tail tuck etc.. although always owned a sports bike from GPZ to ZX various iterations, Cruiser/chopper Harley Davidson Deuce FXSTD, Stage 3 full bore, but again always had a cruiser/chopper in various iterations.

Standard/naked+windscreen (i.e. Street Triple) and some sort of cruiser with mini-apes and mid controls (i.e. stock Street Bob or modified Shadow)

You didn't ask, but third would be an I4 supersport (R6/ZX-6R/CBR600RR)

Fourth a power cruiser (Rocket III or Valkyrie)

Fifth a Hayabusa/ZX14R

Sixth a wee "ADV" bike (KTM 390 Adventure, CB500X or Versys 300) for putting around the city.

Big ADV for touring and a street legal dual sport (KTM 500EXC type) with supermoto setup, supermoto for tearing around the city and dirt wheels for trails.

right now, have kawasaki ninja 650R sport tourer, with mods, drop bars, tail tuck etc.. although always owned a sports bike from GPZ to ZX various iterations, Cruiser/chopper Harley Davidson Deuce FXSTD, Stage 3 full bore, but again always had a cruiser/chopper in various iterations.
How do you like the 650R? Always had a soft spot for that thing.

I wanted a Ruckus as a mini to my Goldwing. I called about insurance and the Ruckus was as much as the wing. Pulled the plug on the thought

I wanted a Ruckus as a mini to my Goldwing. I called about insurance and the Ruckus was as much as the wing. Pulled the plug on the thought
What? A tiny scooter is as much to insure as a 1600ish cc bike?

May I ask how much the quote was, and which company?

A lightweight supermoto for sure would be one. As for the second, a Tuono or something similar (I refuse to call it a naked since it has most of the RSV4 fairings and a windshield, more like a "touring" version of the RSV4), to pick up where the supermoto can't go.
That was my exact setup.

Wr250r/x
And my '17 Tuono.

Tuono is gone. Replaced by a cheap 600.

500 exc-f supermoto would be a nice choice.

Or an "uncorked" ktm690smc.

Pretty sure it could be your unicorn, just not bone stock.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

That was my exact setup.

Wr250r/x
And my '17 Tuono.

Tuono is gone. Replaced by a cheap 600.

500 exc-f supermoto would be a nice choice.

Or an "uncorked" ktm690smc.

Pretty sure it could be your unicorn, just not bone stock.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

After trying one out, I'm having a hard time believing that a fuel dongle and intake will really open up the 690. Then how drastically will I need to alter the gearing until I remove highway usability. After riding a much bigger twin for the past 2 months, I realized that super short gearing on a smaller engine just doesn't have the same feel. I may need to go custom:

ktm-950-sm-supermoto-hazan-motorworks-1-1200x1200.jpg

Back
Top Bottom