What Are You Currently Listening To? | Page 119 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What Are You Currently Listening To?

goat ? ? ?

Computer fan and laundry.

Now:

Then:

Last edited:

I have been on a Triumph kick of all things (the band; not the bike). Never Surrender was always my favorite CD.

I have watched the YouTube video of their concert during the US festival in 1983. I think they left a good 5 to 10 years on the table. They came slightly after Rush but left oh so much earlier.

I guess Surveillance was the final straw for Rik Emmett but there is a lot I like on that work. Apparently there is a documentary coming up on this power trio. I look forward to it.

Also, I have been going on a Halestorm rabbit hole. They first came to my attention many years ago when they were on Bar Rescue of all things. Again, a you tube rabbit hole. Next thing I knew I have their first 3 CDs enroute via ebay and their third cover CD. My wife has a smattering of songs of theirs she has bought via itunes over the years.

Lzzy Hale is the real deal. Several concerts available on YouTube to check out. The past few years she has seemed to gravitate to spending a certain amount of time in every concert playing a piano and sometimes doing requests from the fan. Her rendition of their song "Dear Daughter" can literally raise the hair on your arms. I put on a video of her doing an Adele cover and then going into Dear Daughter and my wife turned her head and just said "Wow".

At any rate they are a working band in an old school way. Apparently pre Covid they usually did about 250 shows a year. That is incredible. I purposely bought all 4 CDs new to support them.

Old school rocker and headbanger here so when Grundge left I felt like a musical orphan. While I watch old and new movies alike my music has been stuck in the mid 1990s and earlier.

I am trying to get into some "new" music. So, Jack White, The Strokes, Halestorm, Greta Van Fleet.

None of these acts are particularly new but for me this is a big deal.

Any newer rock acts to recommend to this middle aged fossil?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I have been on a Triumph kick of all things (the band; not the bike). Never Surrender was always my favorite CD.

I have watched the YouTube video of their concert during the US festival in 1983. I think they left a good 5 to 10 years on the table. They came slightly after Rush but left oh so much earlier.

I guess Surveillance was the final straw for Rik Emmett but there is a lot I like on that work. Apparently there is a documentary coming up on this power trio. I look forward to it.

Also, I have been going on a Halestorm rabbit hole. They first came to my attention many years ago when they were on Bar Rescue of all things. Again, a you tube rabbit hole. Next thing I knew I have their first 3 CDs enroute via ebay and their third cover CD. My wife has a smattering of songs of theirs she has bought via itunes over the years.

Lzzy Hale is the real deal. Several concerts available on YouTube to check out. The past few years she has seemed to gravitate to spending a certain amount of time in every concert playing a piano and sometimes doing requests from the fan. Her rendition of their song "Dear Daughter" can literally raise the hair on your arms. I put on a video of her doing an Adele cover and then going into Dear Daughter and my wife turned her head and just said "Wow".

At any rate they are a working band in an old school way. Apparently pre Covid they usually did about 250 shows a year. That is incredible. I purposely bought all 4 CDs new to support them.

Old school rocker and headbanger here so when Grundge left I felt like a musical orphan. While I watch old and new movies alike my music has been stuck in the mid 1990s and earlier.

I am trying to get into some "new" music. So, Jack White, The Strokes, Halestorm, Greta Van Fleet.

None of these acts are particularly new but for me this is a big deal.

Any newer rock acts to recommend to this middle aged fossil?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
I think Triumph might have played my high school. There were a few bands that did the rotation.

Back
Top Bottom