What Are You Currently Listening To? | Page 121 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What Are You Currently Listening To?

Can’t forget about this Canadian Metal Queen
We drove “all the way from Scarborough to Brampton” to see her because my good buddy was...let’s say...a little infatuated .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can relate to your buddy. A friend of mine had a poster of her in his bedroom and I was constantly drawn to it. So much in fact that my then girlfriend in Grade 9 called me out on it. Lol...

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Gonna check out some of the music you posted.
In general, I never gave enough respect to Canadian artists when I was younger, except for Rush.
But Triumph did some great stuff.
Not heavy enough for you, but I always find myself going back to Honeymoon Suite.
Again, never really appreciated them growing up.

I find it interesting that 2 of the 4 newish bands you mentioned are popular because of their nostalgic sound.
The stuff that my son says is Metal nowadays doesn't get much rotation from me.
Also nice to see I'm not the only person that still buys CDs.

Edit: just saw your follow up post to Robbo where we basically said the same thing.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some Chilliwack & Toronto to listen to.
Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
In the early 1980s I was more rock and pop rocl guy. First Honeymoon Suite album got worn out on my record player in Grade 8.

I actually saw them during one of the grandstand shows at the SuperEx in Ottawa. Cheap Trick opened. Great show!

Chilliwack and Toronto? Sold...

Don't forget about Saga. They were (and are) great. World's Apart still gets regular rotation in my play list.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Thanks for the recommendation. I will check it out.

Harlequin? Better believe Zoodles knows that band. Like The Payolas, Strange Advance, Loverboy etc there were a lot of good, underrated Canadian bands from the early 1980s.

Want to guess my age? Easy enough... The fact that I have a CD collection and the contents pretty much give it away...

"Innocence" and "Superstitious Feelings" are the two main songs I know from Harlequin.
Strange Advance!

had forgotten about that band

Strange Advance!

had forgotten about that band

I'd only ever heard the radio edit.
That full version gives it a different dimension imho. I can appreciate more of the musicianship that went into it.

Reactions: J_F
the guitar tone in the second half is beautiful

love the reverb on the production
sounds like 2 guitars playing lead

or is the guitar dubbed both right and left slightly out of phase?

And now that above track got me thinking about this band that I was heavily influenced by in my teens (musically and fashion wise).
Because I wore glasses I thought this lead singer was super cool.
I got the same pair and did my hair the same. (Man, I miss my hair)
Then started a band and basically thought we would be the next Images In Vogue or the Cure LoL.
Two big hits from these guys, here's one:

Now that I think about it, I went through a metal phase and was a big priest fan, watching halford ride that harley on stage might have started my love affair with motorcycles

Now that I think about it, I went through a metal phase and was a big priest fan, watching halford ride that harley on stage might have started my love affair with motorcycles

Nice! I have tried for years to get my wife to tolerate the Priest! I was playing some on the way to the Softub dealer and I gave it my best. All she likes is "You've Got Another Thing Coming". She likes "Painkiller" but that is about it. I tried "Love Bites", "Out In The Cold" etc. Tracks from the live CDs, Stained Class etc.

I guess she will never be into Priest. We came from different musical tastes before we met. While I was doing the metal thing (with a side of bands like Human League, The Car, April Wine etc) she was into stuff like Depeche Mode and New Order. Now I listen to New Order and Depeche Mode but some of her other stuff I have not been able to get into.

We both like Halestorm so that is kind of cool that there is something "new" that we both like.

Grunge was interesting. It appealed to a head banger like me and an electronic music person like her. Just weird how quick it came and went.

A little??
Dude I was in Brampton and she lived down the street from my then girlfriend.
Smoke show.
She's still pretty hawt
My buddy did a show with her last year or the year before at a TO club
I should have went.

f10d148afe78888f9c0d9cc13e2b5ee7.jpg

Archdekin Drive!

her little sister was my age
also pretty hot when we got to HS

did you go to Central Peel, Joe?

Archdekin Drive!

her little sister was my age
also pretty hot when we got to HS

did you go to Central Peel, Joe?
No.
Turner for 2 years
My GF at the time lived at the corner of Archdekin and Rutherford.
I'm guessing you and I are the same-ish age.
Wonder if we ever crossed paths?

Reactions: J_F
And now that above track got me thinking about this band that I was heavily influenced by in my teens (musically and fashion wise).
Because I wore glasses I thought this lead singer was super cool.
I got the same pair and did my hair the same. (Man, I miss my hair)
Then started a band and basically thought we would be the next Images In Vogue or the Cure LoL.
Two big hits from these guys, here's one:

Still got the vinyl Joe

c000fbaa18fcd0fe80b7b29044814d6f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won a live stream code for an upcoming Monowhales show the other day from 102.1 The Edge
Pretty good stuff:

Back
Top Bottom