Weather Tech Mats | GTAMotorcycle.com

Weather Tech Mats

unL33T

Not what I'd call a great fit. I bought these since so many car guys told me these are the best rubber mats available (and the OEM is in bad shape, as you can see).

9qOapKt.jpg

Yes, it's on top of the gas pedal.

Comparison of OEM vs Weather Tech. Both driver's side.
O7l6mO5.jpg

When I told them they messed up and gave me a mat that is an exact mirror of what it should be (if I installed it upside down, it would fit) they told me that they are not supposed to match the OEM mats at all and these are the best fit they offer. Passenger side is the same thing.

Guess we'll see how they handle the return. Just wanted to share so other people know to try to find out if they'll fit before dealing with the hassle of trying to return them. Since the cold salty slushy weather is coming I thought it might be relevant. The set was $150.

And yes, I'm kind of bored right now.

Are you sure they sent you the right mats? I purchased a set for my wife's new Suburu legacy and they fit perfectly and they look fantastic.

I have had a set for my G6 for years. They are molded to fit exactly and I love them. They look nothing like your pics.

edit: just noticed (from looking that their site) that I have the Floorliners where as you got the Floor mats. I have no experience with those

"Passenger side is the same thing" - meaning they're a mirror version of the one in your pic? Wouldn't that suggest the 'passenger' one is the driver's side & vice versa?

"Passenger side is the same thing" - meaning they're a mirror version of the one in your pic? Wouldn't that suggest the 'passenger' one is the driver's side & vice versa?
No. It's mirror of the existing mat. Passenger side is a completely different shape from driver side.

i have had 4 sets of weathertech floorliners. amazing fit and quality. expensive upfornt but they pay for themselves during resale.

OP looks like you might be trying to put the drivers side in the passenger side. I can't imagine them being off by that much

i have had 4 sets of weathertech floorliners. amazing fit and quality. expensive upfornt but they pay for themselves during resale.

OP looks like you might be trying to put the drivers side in the passenger side. I can't imagine them being off by that much
Passenger side has no cut out for the dead pedal or gas pedal. It would be even worse.

did you remove your old mats? I dont know if that would help but with floorliners they are meant to replace not to go on top

Mats or floor liners? Mine are floor liners, and are moulded to the shape of the vehicle (eg. there is a 1-2" lip all the way around, so they can fill with water and not spill).

Example pic:
weathertech_extreme_duty_digitalfit_floor_liners_aa_black.jpg

Return those if you can and get the FloorLiners instead. I wish the floor liners came up a bit higher on the dead pedal, but other than that they are nearly perfect

did you remove your old mats? I dont know if that would help but with floorliners they are meant to replace not to go on top
I did remove them. It would make no difference to the fit, anyway, except that the floor + mat would be too thick to allow me to move the seat up (actually just these rubber mats might already be too thick). As you can see the new mat covers the gas pedal, regardless. There is a metal bracket under the seat that holds two motors for seat adjustments.

Return those if you can and get the FloorLiners instead. I wish the floor liners came up a bit higher on the dead pedal, but other than that they are nearly perfect
Not available for my vehicle or I'd be all over them.

Maybe this will clarify a little better.

What I got:
pfCXu65.png

More like what I need:
WCw8EmO.png

It's like they sent me mats for a RHD car because even flipped that little lip on the right top of the driver's side should still angle behind the gas pedal a bit.

I think I'm going to go visit the Burlington showroom on Saturday to show them the problem.

I did some better pics because I was bored. Mats alone on the left, pedals shown on the right.

What I got:
JCt57Mn.png
bHz7UYo.png

If these were in a RHD car:
AN3oWar.png
MrRWf9L.png

What I need:
KjxaZXR.png
mUGAorJ.png

So far they've just insisted there is nothing wrong with the mats and they are the best option they have to fit my car but they can start the return process if I don't like the fit. The car is literally not drivable with the mats in.

Hopefully it works out. Your rhd theory is what I was thinking as well.
I think there was a thread last year where someone mentioned a place in Scarborough that does weather tech knock offs for about half the price. Anyone have a link?

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Did you buy them as vehicle specific or just a general use mat? Can't expect them to fit if it's a general style one. You need to order the custom ones. I have the floor liners in the 370z. Love them, perfect fit.

Did you buy them as vehicle specific or just a general use mat? Can't expect them to fit if it's a general style one. You need to order the custom ones. I have the floor liners in the 370z. Love them, perfect fit.
They are not universal type. Go on the website and enter my car details and that's what I got.

If they were universal why would they be almost exact mirrors of the stock mats?

I wouldn't pay $150 for universal mats. You can get those for like $30 for a set.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity what vechicle do u have?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom