WE - Your Opinion? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

WE - Your Opinion?

I have a big issue with organizations that say “hey, you...desperate poor person, I will help you but only if you listen to my words of wisdom and read about my sky friend and feel obliged to do so, so that I can go to my imaginary sky party place when I die”.

On the other hand...I quite like NGOs that provide exactly the same level of help without any mumbo jumbo or arm bending/guilting involved and those involved are doing it because it’s the right thing to do and not for some reward in the afterlife.

I could be mistaken on this, I'm not a theologist nor a Mormon, but I believe Mormons do this right.

A major part of the religion is to do good in the world, feed the hungry, help the needy, etc. as Christ preached. Not in a selfish, I need to do this to get into heaven way, but because it's the right thing to do.

They send a lot of money and people to impoverished areas, areas affected by disaster, and wherever they can do good. Don't think these missions are too focused on preaching their religion, but on just doing good. If someone picks up Mormonism along the way, great.

Not praising the religion, there are many aspects of it worth a discussion, but their humanitarian aid seems above board.

No, but the money you spent on the flights etc likely could have gone into the pockets of a local labourer, enriching the community and providing skilled labour.
Right, but then where's my vacation? How many times have you mailed your vacation money to a local labourer in a second/third world country?! Sarcasm, of course, but you see when I'm getting at here, I suspect. I'll stop defending, as it's likely a debate I'm not winning here, and maybe I shouldn't win ... maybe they're as crooked as people make 'em out to be. My experience, however, was that Craig walked the walk, the folk they were helping appreciated it and were better off as a result.

Right, but then where's my vacation? How many times have you mailed your vacation money to a local labourer in a second/third world country?! Sarcasm, of course, but you see when I'm getting at here, I suspect. I'll stop defending, as it's likely a debate I'm not winning here, and maybe I shouldn't win ... maybe they're as crooked as people make 'em out to be. My experience, however, was that Craig walked the walk, the folk they were helping appreciated it and were better off as a result.
It a bit tricky as they would have got no money or help without your vacation. Most people don't donate with something for them in it like the buy this shirt and proceeds go to charity. Would they have just given 20 dollars to charity instead of 12 to the shirt company and 8 to charity, not usually.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Starting to think I should start my own charity. I'll send a few gifts to foreign poor kids, make a big thing out of it with videos, pix of me shaking hands with politicians and celebs, then pocket 90% of the profit as the CEO of the operation. Why didn't I think of this? It's not like it hasn't been going on for years. Maybe I just don't think enough like a criminal.

I think it's time we reigned in the so-called "charities" and brought them under strict control.

It a bit tricky as they would have got no money or help without your vacation. Most people don't donate with something for them in it like the buy this shirt and proceeds go to charity. Would they have just given 20 dollars to charity instead of 12 to the shirt company and 8 to charity, not usually.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk
I send money to help a Kenyan slum school every year. I happened to visit it while I was there a decade ago. I have eyes over there ensuring the money is being used for good.

I understand both arguments for charity tourism. Personally, I think it would be better overall to separate the charity and tourism (eg. Vacation in Cuba, Send the thousands saved on flights to Africa for charity).

50176457166_41822e0859_b.jpg

Starting to think I should start my own charity. I'll send a few gifts to foreign poor kids, make a big thing out of it with videos, pix of me shaking hands with politicians and celebs, then pocket 90% of the profit as the CEO of the operation. Why didn't I think of this? It's not like it hasn't been going on for years. Maybe I just don't think enough like a criminal.

I think it's time we reigned in the so-called "charities" and brought them under strict control.
You can call it “Save the Pirates”.

View attachment 44679
We need to bring pirates back from the brink of extinction to save the planet from global warming. Id donate to this charity.
What the flying &(&* is that. It's like a gun control graph. All the data is so messed up. You assume it means one thing and the more you look, the more you realize that it means nothing at all.

Ya thinking the same thing, seems nice and cushy and you get paid well to take peoples money and nothing to show for it except photo op's.

Maybe GTAM should band together to create our own charity for motorcycle riders, lets call it M.A.A.D!!
Motorcycles Against A-hole Drivers!
oh wait... maybe that is taken already. Damit

It seems there are so many things attached to the Gov which needs to be reigned in, but no one will do it because they all are getting drunk off the trough with no repercussions. ?‍♂️

Last edited:
What the flying &(&* is that. It's like a gun control graph. All the data is so messed up. You assume it means one thing and the more you look, the more you realize that it means nothing at all.

The graph is from a satirical open letter written by Bobby Henderson in 2005 to protest the Kansas State Board of Education decision to permit teaching intelligent design as an alternative to evolution in public school science classes. In the letter, Henderson demanded equal time in science classrooms for "Flying Spaghetti Monsterism", alongside intelligent design and evolution.

"The inclusion of pirates in Pastafarianism was part of Henderson's original letter to the Kansas State Board of Education, in an effort to illustrate that correlation does not imply causation.[42] Henderson presented the argument that "global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters are a direct effect of the shrinking numbers of pirates since the 1800s".[10] A deliberately misleading graph accompanying the letter (with numbers humorously disordered on the x-axis) shows that as the number of pirates decreased, global temperatures increased. This parodies the suggestion from some religious groups that the high numbers of disasters, famines, and wars in the world is due to the lack of respect and worship toward their deity. In 2008, Henderson interpreted the growing pirate activities at the Gulf of Aden as additional support, pointing out that Somalia has 'the highest number of pirates and the lowest carbon emissions of any country'"

Been trying to follow it, and TBH it has just reinforced opinion of charity's and non profit's in general.

Even if they start out with the best of intentions (like MADD) they all end up as professional money raisers where the majority of the money goes to the board and staff to cover "expenses" while very little actually trickles down to the folks who they claim to be raising the money for.

This is particularly disturbing as if I'm personally asked for a donation I can refuse. From what I can gather it seems like the Canadian government handed over, or where in the process of handing over almost a billion of taxpayers money to WE.

I also watched the testimony of those 2 brothers and they just seemed particularly shifty and evasive.

Edit... From an old CBC article...

Top salaries at charities on Ontario Sunshine List 2016:

• Piers Handling, $352,260, Toronto International Film Festival Inc., Director & CEO.
  • George Habib, $342,831, Ontario Lung Association, President & CEO.
  • John Rafferty, $326,300, The Canadian National Institute for the Blind, President & CEO.
  • David Samuel Hillier, $322,877, Shepherd Village (seniors' care), President & CEO.
  • Conrad Sauve, $321,299, The Canadian Red Cross, President & CEO.
  • Barry Bisson, $316,731, Shad Valley International (education), President.
  • Medhat Mahdy, $305,303, YMCA of Greater Toronto, President & CEO.
  • Paul Goodyear, $303,956, The Governing Council of the Salvation Army, Territorial financial secretary.
  • Anthony Sargent, $299,999, Luminato (Toronto Festival of Arts), CEO.
  • Myroslav Klymkiw, $297,440, Canadian Film Centre, CEO.
  • Michele Maheux, $284,279, Toronto International Film Festival, Executive director and chief operating officer.
  • Kevin Frey, $268,836, Right To Play International, CEO.
  • Julia Dumanian, $268,749, Canadian Hearing Society, President & CEO.
  • Catherine Macdonald, $264,953, Ontario Society For the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, CEO.
  • Susanne Gillespie, $264,300, Pathways to Education Canada, President & CEO.
  • Sharon Broughton, $258,411, Kids Help Phone, President & CEO.
  • Geoff Cape, $255,329, Evergreen (urban sustainability), CEO.
  • Deborah Sevenpifer, $253,784, YMCA of Greater Toronto, Chief financial officer.
  • Andria Spindel, $252,709, March of Dimes Canada, President & CEO.

yup, it stinks.
couple of years ago I was dropping off a couple of skids road salt to world vision in mississauga.
everything looked new and rich, the high rise building / office and landscaping looked suitable for millionaires. the new street named after world vision even. hmm why all high end? getting to the parking lot and its full of high end cars...bmw's audi's etc.. not a camray or corolla to be found. hmmm
looked more like I was at a country club for the rich.

so sad the government allows this theft to continue. here's some numbers.

what to do?
I recently helped a good friend moving.
armed with masks/ hand sanaitizer I went to the homeless shelter and spoke to a staff member - Can you help me pick two good men who want to make $20 an hour? I will drop them off back here when the truck is loaded.
treated and spoke to these guys with respect. done in less than 4 hours...

Article on the impact of WE. It seems like a hell of a lot of smoke and mirrors and "trust us" going on in concert with a few statements from politicians or celebrities on how awesome they are (completely unsurprised by that).

Article on the impact of WE. It seems like a hell of a lot of smoke and mirrors and "trust us" going on in concert with a few statements from politicians or celebrities on how awesome they are (completely unsurprised by that).

It was a Ponzi scheme from the minute they cooked it up at their kitchen table.

Back
Top Bottom