We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 120 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

Something I don't understand: Can someone explain how there could potentially be an election soon? I always thought elections were once every 4 years.

Something I don't understand: Can someone explain how there could potentially be an election soon? I always thought elections were once every 4 years.
JT can ask governer general to whack the gov't which forces an election (but there is no GG and it would be politically stupid to do) or much much more likely, he will try to pass something beyond idiotic and force a non-confidence vote. That leaves the opposition the choice of either accepting craziness into law or toppling the government and getting smoked in the court of public opinion for forcing an election during a pandemic. Most people are too dumb to see that it was the crazy attempt at forcing stupidity upon us that triggered the election and JT is far far better at the PR game than his opponents.

I popped out to get some reloading stuff and had a look at striker fired pistols while I was there. I have a cheapie Girsan MC28 that I actually really like but fancy something with a bit better fit and finish. Had a look at Canik, Glock, HK, Shadow systems, and SIG offerings. Quite liked the Canik but the Shadow systems was really nice. The SIG didn’t fit my hand well though. Best feel was the SFP9 but mags for that are $80 a piece.

Anyone know how long it usually takes to receive your ATT in the mail?

And I'm assuming this was all initiated by the gun store and there's nothing you have to do on your end?

And I'm assuming this was all initiated by the gun store and there's nothing you have to do on your end?
If bought at a gun store yes they do it for you. Depends on when they do it, hopefully right away. Depending on what prov you are in, can take a day to weeks. Ontario is usually busy, but i have had them in a few days usually, where i have heard in Alberta it can be done in hours depending on time of day

it's a crapshoot but every SFRC purchase has been super quick but one from Tenda took a while.

Is this your first restricted firearms purchase , if not, would what is below not allow you to bring home the firearm, as it’s part of your license now

I thought the ATT portion is now part of your firearms license, if you are licensed for restricted firearms

“These licence conditions authorize the transport of restricted and/or prohibited firearms registered to the licence holder within their province of residence by a route that, in all circumstances, is reasonably direct for the specific indicated purposes.
1.Transportation of restricted firearms and/or prohibited handguns (12(6.1) of the Firearms Act) possessed for the purpose of target practice to and from all shooting clubs and ranges approved under section 29 of the Firearms Act.
2.Transportation of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to and from any place a peace officer, firearms officer of Chief Firearms Officer (CFO) is located for verification, registration or disposal in accordance with the Firearms Act or Part III of the Criminal Code.
3.Transportation of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to and from a business that holds a licence authorizing it to repair or appraise prohibited or restricted firearms.
4.Transportation of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to and from a gun show.
5.Transportation of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to a port of exit, in order to take them outside Canada and from a port of entry.
6.Transportation of newly acquired restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms from the place of acquisition to the licence holder's dwelling house or other place authorized by the CFO.”

or am I missing something

Is this your first restricted firearms purchase , if not, would what is below not allow you to bring home the firearm, as it’s part of your license now

I thought the ATT portion is now part of your firearms license, if you are licensed for restricted firearms

“These licence conditions authorize the transport of restricted and/or prohibited firearms registered to the licence holder within their province of residence by a route that, in all circumstances, is reasonably direct for the specific indicated purposes.
1.Transportation of restricted firearms and/or prohibited handguns (12(6.1) of the Firearms Act) possessed for the purpose of target practice to and from all shooting clubs and ranges approved under section 29 of the Firearms Act.
2.Transportation of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to and from any place a peace officer, firearms officer of Chief Firearms Officer (CFO) is located for verification, registration or disposal in accordance with the Firearms Act or Part III of the Criminal Code.
3.Transportation of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to and from a business that holds a licence authorizing it to repair or appraise prohibited or restricted firearms.
4.Transportation of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to and from a gun show.
5.Transportation of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to a port of exit, in order to take them outside Canada and from a port of entry.
6.Transportation of newly acquired restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms from the place of acquisition to the licence holder's dwelling house or other place authorized by the CFO.”

or am I missing something

This would be my first purchase

This would be my first purchase

So you’ll get an amendment to your RPAL card I believe with the restrictions changed on the back with your first purchase. That’s your ATT. You’ll get a separate registration document for the firearm too. As this is your first purchase it will probably take a bit longer than your next.

It’s a minority government. Essentially they serve at the pleasure of the opposition, not the voters in this case.

They can try to pass legislation and consider it a ‘confidence vote’. Typically this is the annual budget or big ticket laws. If the opposition parties fail to support it then historically the Government will ask the GG to dissolve parliament, taking the position that they don’t have the will of the people (MPs support) to supporttheir agenda.

Essentially they are betting the opposition will not want to try an election to replace them in power, and instead vote to support their legislation.

I'm just about done . Listed many of my handguns for sale. Some of my 12.6 I may pass on to friends . Keeping the bare minimum to keep my RPAL and 12.6 . Goin to go strictly non restricted . Just a headache to drive to the club over an hour one way .

I'm just about done . Listed many of my handguns for sale. Some of my 12.6 I may pass on to friends . Keeping the bare minimum to keep my RPAL and 12.6 . Goin to go strictly non restricted . Just a headache to drive to the club over an hour one way .

'Chalk up another win for the liberals...

I havnt had a chance to be part of a club for awhile. I still have my guns. if your worried, get collector status

I havnt had a chance to be part of a club for awhile. I still have my guns. if your worried, get collector status
'Chalk up another win for the liberals.
I am keeping a couple of handguns to support my RPAL and 12.6 . Instead turning my hobby to more none restricted . I will continue to be club member .

Back
Top Bottom