We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 151 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

I didn’t write the training course, just passed it . I agree with Greyghost , written for the lowest common denominator.
I think the general point they try to make is be conscious of where that bullet may come down . One question on the test is how many lead balls the diameter of a 12g shotgun would equal 1 pound. Answer is 12 . No one needs to know that ever, it’s to ensure you paid attention to other stuff in the course .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Some people don't really think through ballistics so rules are written for lowest common denominator. Squirrel in a tree could have you lobbing bullets but so could a target uphill from your shooting location (unless there was a lot more hill above the target.

Even if the bullet has slowed down, it doesn't take much energy to pop an eye and change someone's life (obviously incredibly bad luck to hit a vulnerable target that small from that far away)

Remember a story of a guy firing rounds into the water from his boat out at sea, one ricochet off the surface and flew 4-5km, through the missing back door quarter window of a car driving on a hwy and into a persons head just behind the ear, killing them instantly. Apparently if the little window was there the projectile wouldnt have had the energy to kill the driver. Bad luck can be a ***** sometimes.

That story is right up there with the guy that blew a glass fuse in his pickup , replaced the fuse with a .22 L rim fire in the panel under the dash , it over heated and shot his dog .

That story is right up there with the guy that blew a glass fuse in his pickup , replaced the fuse with a .22 L rim fire in the panel under the dash , it over heated and shot his dog .

lol nah this one was a legit police case, the guy was a famous detective in NY Seedman that solved it. The shooter was doing some target practice at a floating beer can, ended up paying a $100 fine but wasnt charged with homicide or manslaughter etc. I was mistaken the back window wasnt broken it was just open.

Det. Seedman

Gun buyback boondoggle has theoretically started. Slimy Medocino says they will be tranparent about the cost. Round one is trying to clear out guns in inventory at dealers. Pricing under negotiation. I think the headline estimate the libs put out will be low by at least an order of magnitude (or they will steal the guns under threat of prosection to make the numbers work).

Watched Mendocino on the news this am , this has all the makings of a complete gong show . Buy back levels to be determined. From where ? Dealer invoice ? Calculated lost profit on the sale ? Throw a dart at a coloured balloon??

Gun buyback boondoggle has theoretically started. Slimy Medocino says they will be tranparent about the cost. Round one is trying to clear out guns in inventory at dealers. Pricing under negotiation. I think the headline estimate the libs put out will be low by at least an order of magnitude (or they will steal the guns under threat of prosection to make the numbers work).

Why would a thug who doesn't give a S*** about laws or innocent lives sell his illegal import for less than what it cost him?

It’s supposed to take guns out of circulation but that’s only if you conveniently ignore a pretty porous border to a country with a massive supply of the things you’re trying to reduce.

It works in the UK and it works in Australia but those two places have something in common that Canada doesn’t have.

I will literally cost taxpayers millions . It will provide dazzling optic for the Liberal Govt. It will achieve net F all .

A scary black rifle, not being available to a nutter will not prevent said nutter from wandering an office with a large bore other gun of his choice . And acquiring that gun by whatever means he chooses , because it’s been proven numerous times , nutters seldom go to Cabela’s for the fall sale .

It’s supposed to take guns out of circulation but that’s only if you conveniently ignore a pretty porous border to a country with a massive supply of the things you’re trying to reduce.

It works in the UK and it works in Australia but those two places have something in common that Canada doesn’t have.
Bad accents?

Sent from the future

I will literally cost taxpayers millions . It will provide dazzling optic for the Liberal Govt. It will achieve net F all .

A scary black rifle, not being available to a nutter will not prevent said nutter from wandering an office with a large bore other gun of his choice . And acquiring that gun by whatever means he chooses , because it’s been proven numerous times , nutters seldom go to Cabela’s for the fall sale .

You spelled billions wrong. They predicted cost up to 750M and I think they are low by an order of magnitude (if they buy at legitimate fair market value as the headlines pretend). I suspect they will basically steal them and offer three figures per gun with a threat of a criminal charge on the side if you don't accept their generous offer.

You spelled billions wrong. They predicted cost up to 750M and I think they are low by an order of magnitude (if they buy at legitimate fair market value as the headlines pretend). I suspect they will basically steal them and offer three figures per gun with a threat of a criminal charge on the side if you don't accept their generous offer.
What does fair market value mean any more since there’s no market? You can’t legally sell them, they are worth $0 right now.

Edit: if the sellers are recompensed at the price they bought them for then I think the government is in for a shock too as the margins aren’t huge.

What does fair market value mean any more since there’s no market? You can’t legally sell them, they are worth $0 right now.

Edit: if the sellers are recompensed at the price they bought them for then I think the government is in for a shock too as the margins aren’t huge.
That's not to mention the fact that the resellers have been legally stuck with inventory for more than a year. Since the government locked it up, there is a very reasonable argument that the government should pay at least something for locking up many many thousands of dollars for more than a year. The currency got deflated over that time and many will have been paying interest on an LOC to cover the dead inventory. Those costs are directly related to government action (cough temper tantrum) and should be covered. I have no idea on the bargaining power of the organization nor what the feds will do when they realize how big this bill is (for almost zero impact on public safety).

Yonge Street Massacre: Rental Van

Laval PQ: City Bus

Amqui PQ: F-150

Toronto Subway: Knife

Toronto Subway: Pushed onto tracks

Etc etc etc

IMG_4527.jpeg
Put some rounds through my new GSG. Zero failures and one fun gun to shoot. Highly recommend it in this 9” barrel version.
The Savage 110 in 308 also arrived at the same time but I haven’t shot it yet. Finishing and feel are good for it’s price point.

I just got access to a 200-400 yd range. This has revealed a deficiency. I have no gun accurate to 400 yds (don’t think my Ruger Ranch in .223 will cut it…maybe, we’ll see). My .22 build isn’t allowed on that range either due to the new baffles the firearms people have demanded (drop would be too much at 400 yds). Plus one further deficiency…no room in safe for another gun.

Solution: New safe and gun.

Easy.

Back
Top Bottom