We had the talk....... | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We had the talk.......

(y) only too happy to entertain you :)
just wish the heck I could go riding instead, snow conditions are perfect today.

Actually this time I was serious!
My daughter tailgates like $h*t and my wife :/ well I'm not allowed to say anything about her driving, I just assume the crash position.

happy wife and kids happy life... I'm only learning that now and I've got 2 rugrats haha. I thought I was in charge, but the kids are what I call the upper group leaders, my wife is THE Leader, and I'm just reporting to them both. best thing to do I'd to say nothing at all

happy wife and kids happy life... I'm only learning that now and I've got 2 rugrats haha. I thought I was in charge, but the kids are what I call the upper group leaders, my wife is THE Leader, and I'm just reporting to them both. best thing to do I'd to say nothing at all
Been married for 30 years.
That's a load of crap.
It means that you let her roll all over you and stomp you into the dirt at will.

Been married for 30 years.
That's a load of crap.
It means that you let her roll all over you and stomp you into the dirt at will.
no it's because I want things to go smoothe, its all reverse psychology. I just say yes yes yes yes but do I actually do half the stuff they say. in one ear out the other. you should try it sometime bra.

Never pi** off the woman that cooks your meals :LOL:

Me, married 4 yrs with a 2yr old girl.

I introduced her to motorcycle and we both rode together. She quit after getting pregnant but wants to get back. Since the kid came, it's been just 2 to 3 hrs of weekend riding for me while she goes down to nap. I'm lucky that she'll offer to go over to the in laws if I do decide to go for all day rides. I try not to abuse it too much though.

Also, I'm thinking of getting a small 2nd bike, insure and ownership under her name to have that continuous coverage for if she wants to get back into it more seriously. Likely I'll ride more of it so I'm leaning towards something that I'd enjoy lol. A super moto or a grom.

The selfish me thinks that if something terrible were to happen while riding, it'll be better if it's me than her because she's the better parent.

Well, hopefully it works out for you rionmoto1

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

"you know you could die any second here, right?" <- Every time I get in the passenger seat and my wife or daughter is driving.
I feel way safer on my motorcycle and always have.

Me too. When going out the Mrs. asks if I want her to drive because of the bad drivers on the road. I bite my tongue to keep from saying "It's less stressful when they're outside of the car."

Ultimately you have to come to a decision that both you and your spouse can live with. If she is honestly worried like you say she is then you should seriously consider getting out. It's not fair to her to have her worried like that every time you leave for a ride. It absolutely would suck for you, but you aren't JUST you anymore. Imagine the rolls were reversed and your wife had a hobby that had very real risks involved and you were worried for her safety. How would you feel if she told you to just suck it up and accept it? It probably wouldn't go over very well. I'm in the same boat as you. Wife, 2 small kids. My situation is a little different though in that my Wife used to ride her own bike (pre kids) and understands my love for riding and she has a real first hand understanding of the risks involved and is okay with me continuing to ride. I can say that I do get those pangs of guilt some times when I'm up before everyone else and leaving for a ride and knowing I won't be home until bed time. I work every other weekend as it is so our weekends together are special and it's hard to carve out enough riding time that makes the expense feel worth it. I've honestly considered selling my ST1300 for a Grom just so I can keep a bike around and keep my insurance valid but that I won't be upset if I don't ride much. I won't feel like a beautiful bike is sitting there not getting the riding it deserves and costing me what it does to insure and maintain. If I had the Grom the insurance would be super cheap and if I only put 1000km on it per season it wouldn't bother me like it does when I only put 3k on my ST. Then when the monkeys are bigger and don't want to hang out with their dorky Dad anymore I could swap back up to a bigger bike and not have to restart the whole insurance game.

I think you're doing the right thing by staying away from it. Motorcycles are wonderful and I've loved every minute on them over the past 22-23yrs but I wouldn't continue to ride if it was upsetting my family as you described. There are plenty of other hobbies out there to feed your soul. Just dabble in different ones until you find something you love.

Not sure I could ever bring myself to jump out of a totally good airplane with 30 pounds of nylon strapped to my back :|
but if my wife ever wanted to do it I'd likely say, fill yer boots, I'm going riding.

Not sure I could ever bring myself to jump out of a totally good airplane with 30 pounds of nylon strapped to my back :|
but if my wife ever wanted to do it I'd likely say, fill yer boots, I'm going riding.

When I had my Piper I took a friend flying figuring since he sky dived he would enjoy the outing. We flew around a bit and when we were on final to land he says "This is weird. I've never landed in an airplane before."

Back
Top Bottom