We had the talk....... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We had the talk.......

If your heart and soul is in riding, forget the 'sport' car. Regardless what you buy, it'll still suck. Trust me. I'm living proof.
I bought what I thought was my 'dream' car (650hp Z06). Believe me when I say......."the thrill wears off VERY quickly".
Advise: wait until you're comfortable in the family situation. Might take 20yrs, but it makes getting back in the saddle that much better.
Yes, I'm sure you're right. I was a huge car nut until I got my first bike. Since then it's wavered. But now with the arrival of the Toyaburu twins, and the Miata on my radar (is it too girly to actually get as a dude? - My sister laughed) I think a car may be the ticket.

It would allow me to go with the wife, if only for a Sunday morning drive before the kids wake up. Grab a coffee and just spend time as before. Or even take the little guy out for a drive together. He's 3 so he loves being near daddy and is a helpful dude (He actually uses my power tools to 'help' out). LoL Makes me want to cry not being home right now. 5 more days....

EDIT: As for getting a track bike....I would LOVE it just to try it out. But that doesn't solve the issue of me taking a day for myself away from the family. Maybe when I'm back in ON and no longer travelling.

When I didn't have a bike for a season or 2, I was told that I couldn't be lived with. Once I got back in, all was fine. Kids grew up with me having a bike. Time away riding is no different than time away earning.....necessary.

Yes, I'm sure you're right. I was a huge car nut until I got my first bike. Since then it's wavered. But now with the arrival of the Toyaburu twins, and the Miata on my radar (is it too girly to actually get as a dude? - My sister laughed) I think a car may be the ticket.

It would allow me to go with the wife, if only for a Sunday morning drive before the kids wake up. Grab a coffee and just spend time as before. Or even take the little guy out for a drive together. He's 3 so he loves being near daddy and is a helpful dude (He actually uses my power tools to 'help' out). LoL Makes me want to cry not being home right now. 5 more days....

EDIT: As for getting a track bike....I would LOVE it just to try it out. But that doesn't solve the issue of me taking a day for myself away from the family. Maybe when I'm back in ON and no longer travelling.
Take Jr out in the Oddessy. He won't gaf, as long as he's rollin with Dad!
Toss girly car money at a 10% divi stock.
Thank me (my memory) in 15 yrs.

Does that give you more ground clearance? Good luck with that (y)
No. It's impossible to get more ground clearance. But a very simple technique makes it possible.
It pretty simple.

No. It's impossible to get more ground clearance. But a very simple technique makes it possible.
It pretty simple.
I like the Porshe solution better: "For enhanced everyday practicality, Porsche offers a hydraulic lift system with lifting cylinders that are integrated into the front axle struts. At the push of a button, ground clearance at the front is increased by about 1.5 inches (40 millimeters) within 5 seconds, reducing the risk of contact when entering or exiting steep driveways or parking structures or driving over speed bumps."
source: Press Information

This, everyday there are shootings in toronto, everyday people die in car accidents, or pedestrians crossing the street, or people randomly getting cancer.

I also discovered the fountain of youth, about which I might make a thread soon.

fountain of youth well said. keeps me young everytime I think about it

Take Jr out in the Oddessy. He won't gaf, as long as he's rollin with Dad!
Toss girly car money at a 10% divi stock.
Thank me (my memory) in 15 yrs.
10% eh? Where do I read up on those?! I don't want to derail this thread and bring focus back on OP.

Do what you need OP, you and your wife will find what works best for your growing family. My wife was ****** when I sold the bike, she knew how much I enjoyed it though.

I like the Porshe solution better: "For enhanced everyday practicality, Porsche offers a hydraulic lift system with lifting cylinders that are integrated into the front axle struts. At the push of a button, ground clearance at the front is increased by about 1.5 inches (40 millimeters) within 5 seconds, reducing the risk of contact when entering or exiting steep driveways or parking structures or driving over speed bumps."
source: Press Information
The C8 has this too. Works with gps, and remembers speed bumps etc.
There is no angle to take on an oversized speed bump in my c7. Front splitter / kannards are in the way.....and if somehow they clear, the cf running boards will scrape for sure. It does have manual adjustments, 1 on each corner. Some owners hate the gap between the tire / wheel well.

The C8 has this too. Works with gps, and remembers speed bumps etc.
There is no angle to take on an oversized speed bump in my c7. Front splitter / kannards are in the way.....and if somehow they clear, the cf running boards will scrape for sure. It does have manual adjustments, 1 on each corner. Some owners hate the gap between the tire / wheel well.

Drunk+vs+speed+bump_ca6d43_5113749.gif

Her friend looks to me and just blasts me! "YOURE A FATHER OF TWO SMALL CHILDREN!!! ARE YOU INSANE!?!?...and here it came... "THATS SELFISH OF YOU!!! SHAME ON YOU!" .....

If anyone gave me the "how dare you" tone in my own home he'd be gone in sixty seconds. OP, you're obviously a nicer person than me, but I kinda feel for you... Having to have "a talk" about getting a motorcycle and having to defend your position to guests in your own home? Yikes.

I can't remember the last time I even considered dating a woman who didn't like my motorcycles...

G-and-Adrian-Kiss.jpg

can't get post quoting to work properly ...

No, I haven't driven a Porsche. I've driven other sports/sporty cars. It's still a car.

And yes, I wouldn't bother with a motorcycle that doesn't do what I want it to do, either.

I drive cheap cars.

Back
Top Bottom