Waterproof and Somewhat Warm Gloves | GTAMotorcycle.com

Waterproof and Somewhat Warm Gloves

Hardwrkr13

Site Supporter
Usually I wear my A* GP-Pro gloves in these Spring/Fall temps as they’re “warmer” than my usual thin vented shorties but they’re not great for touring long days.
Any recommendations for gloves that are preferably waterproof (in case of future touring) and wind-proof (not bulky insulated, just something the wind won’t go through easily as I have heated grips). Mid-priced also as I’d only wear them 2-3 times annually.

Last edited:
My klim badlands gtx gloves have been waterproof so far, but they are insulated and on the bulky side so I only wear them when I absolutely need to.

Much prefer my standard thin Held (no idea what model) gauntlet gloves paired with heated grips.

Since these are infrequent use gloves, simply wearing latex/nitrile gloves underneath will get the job done. You'd be surprised how warm those are and you still have your normal glove in terms of feel and protection.

Since these are infrequent use gloves, simply wearing latex/nitrile gloves underneath will get the job done. You'd be surprised how warm those are and you still have your normal glove in terms of feel and protection.

Waterproof inners or outers are a good option. I prefer outers because then your leather gloves don't get water-logged from the rain and lose their suppleness. Also, with nitrile gloves, your sweat pools inside the rubber and feels gross after a while.

I used to have the Aerostich Triple Digits covers:

BIG492_1he.jpg

But found the MEC Drencher cycling overgloves were half-price and did the same thing:

5053602-BK000-fallback.jpg

And if you want to go the budget route, XXL dishwashing gloves do the same thing for a fraction of the cost. And they come in hi-viz yellow as well.

71izo302ZOL._AC_UL1500_.jpg

But these are a pain to get on and off, especially in the middle of a downpour...

Also looking for something to put on my Christmas list because I don’t really need/want anything so figured this might be a decent option to ask for.

Also looking for something to put on my Christmas list because I don’t really need/want anything so figured this might be a decent option to ask for.

Nothing says "I love you" more than a set of rubber dishwashing gloves in your Christmas stocking.

Well, maybe a lump of coal comes close...

I used to wear the inexpensive insulated winter leather gloves from the motorcycle show.
Now I use a pair of Lee Parks leather gloves. There are no vents, so it would be easy to waterproof them.
I've never been down on any of them, so I don't know how they perform.

I’ve still got a pair of my old Velocity Sportsgear heated gloves and they work great even with the rip in the gauntlet area.

If I ever find that charger again they’ll make great heated gloves again. For now they’re just warmer gloves.

I like the ideas of the bicycle glove but are those not too bulky to operate small switches?

Probably not what the OP was looking for but a plug for a product that has made my life more livable.

About $15, sometimes on sale for a few bucks off.

1668090813985.png

They are not great in the dexterity but tolerable for general stuff. I handled wet concrete in the winter and constantly battled dried cracked skin on my hands. Cloth or leather gloves didn't help once they got wet.

When I bought these I figured they might last a day but nitrile is tough and they lasted, are quite waterproof and warm, flexible at lower temps. They saved my hands.

In a get-off they won't perform like a quality bike product. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

In the past I've used the XXL dishwasher gloves over a pair of old riding gloves. I keep the gloves on them all the time. It makes it easier this way instead of trying to fit the dishwasher gloves overtop in the rain.

I have done this before and it worked quite well.
They are small enough that they don't really take up any space in any luggage. Should they rip, just put on another one.

I’ve still got a pair of my old Velocity Sportsgear heated gloves and they work great even with the rip in the gauntlet area.

If I ever find that charger again they’ll make great heated gloves again. For now they’re just warmer gloves.

I like the ideas of the bicycle glove but are those not too bulky to operate small switches?
Are they battery operated or direct plug in.

If direct plug in, can you not replace the cable connectors with something more common?

Or even get a different charger ?

Are they battery operated or direct plug in.

If direct plug in, can you not replace the cable connectors with something more common?

Or even get a different charger ?
Battery. Can’t find a proper plug around the house that fits. I’ll keep looking as I keep organizing but so far…zilch.

Battery. Can’t find a proper plug around the house that fits. I’ll keep looking as I keep organizing but so far…zilch.
I was thinking of cutting an soldering on a new connector on the gloves. Ones that would match a common charger

Not a cheap option while you already have other gloves, but when it comes time to replace one of them, these may make sense:

Here's a picture of the charger and battery for my glove liners, if that helps:
K69x260l.jpg
2UqDL07l.jpg

Here's a picture of the charger and battery for my glove liners, if that helps:
K69x260l.jpg
2UqDL07l.jpg
Awesome thanks! I made myself a new container in the house...'chargers' and am using my handy dandy label maker for identifying chargers as I come across them.

72BDD5A5-68C9-4CD8-83B3-FAE0857B91F4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom