Wassup with FB ? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wassup with FB ?

I just had a 3 day ban from Reddit for spreading hate…I’m positive I just ****** off some douche mod.

Even the appeal was ‘you were promoting hatred’ wtf!

Ah well.

Each sub-reddit has different thresholds for banning/suspension.

Sometimes there are more than one sub reddit that cater to the same topic - specifically because the other SR is too policed. But the opposite can sometimes happen where the lack of enforcement leads to poor signal-to-noise ratio.

Sometimes it's better to have more moderation than less.

But the opposite can sometimes happen where the lack of enforcement leads to poor signal-to-noise ratio.

Oh, like r/Canada which at times turns into a right wing cesspool and sure seems to have a Russian disinformation bot problem that goes curiously unchecked quite often?

Here are some notifications you've missed from your friends.

Proceeds to show you 99% completely off topic garabage from strangers, ads, random groups, and only 1 actual post from a friend, nothing from the other few hundred.

I still haven't logged back into FB.
I'm sort of treating it as a "sign" to stay off of there. Not much productive activity on there anyways.

FB cleansing

<clicks link>

Hold up.

Having now seen a higher percentage of the garbage some of my friends are posting, maybe I'll just go back to the the random stuff from strangers, weird groups, and ads lol.

Yeah, sometimes The Algorithm kinda knows that you won't be interested in Brenda welcoming her sixth cat into the household...

I know I've probably been unfollowed by a lot of my non-motorcycling friends.

Edit: Do I actually have *ANY* non-motorcycling friends?!?! I don't believe I do... 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Yeah, sometimes The Algorithm kinda knows that you won't be interested in Brenda welcoming her sixth cat into the household...

I know I've probably been unfollowed by a lot of my non-motorcycling friends.

Edit: Do I actually have *ANY* non-motorcycling friends?!?! I don't believe I do... 🤷‍♂️

Indeed. I actually just unfollowed (but didn't unfriend) a few casual friends while browsing the results from that link as one dude literally flooded 10 totally garbage posts inside a 5 minute span, another posted some dog whistle homophobic garbage (he might get unfriended now come to think of it), and yeah, a lot of other low value garbage.

I know a few of my friends have likewise unfollowed me as for a while I was posting a lot of EV stuff, and with a few conservative friends who are of the "Ev's are bad and climate change is fake" type friends (who I value regardless, we just don't talk politics as we know we are very different in that regard) who surely got tired of that content. Meh, whatever, I'm not going to be upset about petty things like that.

95% of what I post on Facebook now is just stuff designed to get a laugh out of people - humour makes the world a better place. You only get so many trips around the sun, they're more fun if you're lauging along the way.

i've unfollowed plenty of people whose posts annoy me. we message each other once in awhile, meet for a drink or a meal and that works for me.

2 days later and they've let me out of FB jail. But I still have to wear the ankle bracelet and stay 500 metres away from school yards.

Back
Top Bottom