Warranty work done and was charged | GTAMotorcycle.com

Warranty work done and was charged

jcarboni

I had to take my bike into SON today for warranty work and he charged me 53.00 for them to look at it (he said for diagnostic)

He wanted to charge me 94 for labour but I told him I was not paying it when it was a warranty issue .

Is this normal for them to charge you for this ?

I know when I have taken in my car at Honda for warranty they never charged me.

It's not odd for a dealer to say to you: I'm going to have to do a diagnostic prior to doing any work, here's how much it will cost.

However, most of those are accompanied by the statement: ...If it's a warranty problem, diagnosis is no charge.

I smell a fish. I'd call Suzuki.

I just phone SON and spoke to a manager there and he is going to look into it and get back to me.

I called another Suzuki dealer and they said it should have be covered .

If I new I had to pay I would have taken to Brampton where I live then drive to Newmarket.

I just phone SON and spoke to a manager there and he is going to look into it and get back to me.

I called another Suzuki dealer and they said it should have be covered .

If I new I had to pay I would have taken to Brampton where I live then drive to Newmarket.

Shouldn't warranty work be covered under any authorized Suzuki dealership (not just the one you bought the bike from)?

Call Suzuki. The dealer will get reamed and you'll get your money back.

Unless it's something blatantly obvious, every wise dealership will be giving the diagnostic speech to a customer prior to starting work. You really think that Suzuki has some control over the matter.

Last edited:
does anyone know how SON is still in business with ****** biz practices?

Sure they have good prices on bikes, make sure you get the OTD price and just take your service work elsewhere.

I bought my Suzuki GS500f at SON too. I too felt I got a pretty good deal. It's becoming evident that I should avoid any servicing there. Does anyone know where I can take my bike in the Ajax area. And what should I be expecting coming up to the first 1000km as far as what is serviced and how much it should be?

I will be calling again on Friday

I will be going to Richmond hill Suzuki they charge 180 for the 1000 km service.

Last edited:
It's not Ajax, but Snow City on Kennedy Rd in Scarborough has been good to me. I'll keep going there for what I need. I can't remember for sure, but I don't think the first service on a GS500 is much more than an oil change.

Back
Top Bottom