Warranty work done and was charged | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Warranty work done and was charged

So I got my phone call back and they said they always charge for an hour labour for looking at the bike .Bike has 600km on it

I told him next time tell your service guy he should have told me when I was at the counter or on the phone there was a diagnostic charge

But the good news is they are going to help me out on the 1000km service with a discount (LMAO)

I phoned 2 other dealers and they both said no charge for what they did.

Lost me unless they do the 1000km service for 50 bucks

So I got my phone call back and they said they always charge for an hour labour for looking at the bike .Bike has 600km on it

I told him next time tell your service guy he should have told me when I was at the counter or on the phone there was a diagnostic charge

But the good news is they are going to help me out on the 1000km service with a discount (LMAO)

I phoned 2 other dealers and they both said no charge for what they did.

Lost me unless they do the 1000km service for 50 bucks

Why would you want the 1000 km service from any place that does this? Lol

Last edited:
I bought my Suzuki GS500f at SON too. I too felt I got a pretty good deal. It's becoming evident that I should avoid any servicing there. Does anyone know where I can take my bike in the Ajax area. And what should I be expecting coming up to the first 1000km as far as what is serviced and how much it should be?

Snow City charges about $150.

Z1 about the same... http://www.z1cycletech.com/ Going here on Thursday for mine.

Called SON for a quote and the said "a few hundred", told them thanks so much and hung up.

Snow City told me $99 for the first service plus oil and filter which would come to $150 with the tax.

Z1 was refered by ZX600 and they told me $99 as well plus oil and filter. Said may come out to a little more than Snow City with the tax.

Last edited:
Unless it's something blatantly obvious, every wise dealership will be giving the diagnostic speech to a customer prior to starting work. You really think that Suzuki has some control over the matter.

Yes, I do. Honda sends out a letter specifically stating that you should call them if a dealer charges you for warranty work. A friend of mine wasn't happy with their experience at a Suzuki dealer and complained to head office. They quickly received a phone call from the dealer with an apology and an offer to correct any problems free of charge.

No manufacturer wants their dealers giving the brand a bad name and will come down hard on anyone that does so. I know of a dealer in another province that lost their right to sell Kawasaki because of customer complaints.

I do plan on getting a hold of Suzuki and let them know just been busy .

I will not go back to SON again .

Yikes, just reading this for the first time and I can't believe those sleezy bastards charged you for warranty work, which they get paid for from manufacturer ...

However, I'm glad that at least you posted your experience here and learned from it. Hopefully more people will read this and be aware in the future.

I just got mugged by them yesterday for exactly a same issue and got charged $212 for diagnostic while my bike is still under warranty. I've file a complaint with the BBB of Ontario against them. My experience is that they will use any means possible to milk you. Warranty or no warranty. I think they simply get away with all they do simply because they're not yet brought to spotlight.

I have just found out after 800 km that there was no water in the battery .

They told me they don't cover batteries but would talk and see what they can do .

If they do nothing for I will be going to the BBB with you Rider .

I have just found out after 800 km that there was no water in the battery .

They told me they don't cover batteries but would talk and see what they can do .

If they do nothing for I will be going to the BBB with you Rider .

Who told you this? Remember, your warranty isn't with the dealership, it's a manufacturer's warranty. All authorized dealerships should have to respect it, and comply to the same rules (both by the manufacturer, and by OMVIC).

SON told me they don't cover the battery .I'm waiting for a call back from them on Tuesday to see what they will do .

I can get the bike running but as so as I use the clutch the bike dies when running after 10 min or so .

Its not holding charge .I have fill the battery but to late

Feel bad when people get screwed over. This thread helped me as I'm buying a new bike most likely either from London or Bethany both dealers are 2hrs away but the OTD price on their bike I want is far less then other Kawasaki dealers around. Last shop I'm going to is Kahuna to see what they will do so I can get the bike from them, even if I dont like their price for the bike, they are the closest Kawasaki dealer to me so thats where I would be taking the bike for services if needed. (2011 KX250F)

Currently ride a 09 GSF 500 as well, but I got it used from GP Bikes last year and even though they warranty the used bikes for the next 3000km from when you buy it, I have passed it and they still did service on it with no charge. (over by 400km extra) They took care of it and took into consideration that it takes me about 200km to get there and back they would do the work as its not much over the period.

I go out of my way and travel for good dealers, shops and service and make a good relationship, thats just how I am and always make sure to get to know the parts department, service people in the back, sales staff so I know how my bike and I will be treated. *They will always do what they can for deals and little bonuses here and there.

Hope you win the battle.

SON are not well liked for customer service . Do a google on them... You will find interesting articles.

They capture people with low prices .
I know someone who had bolts falling off their centre stand witting a short period of time

Last edited:
It is our responsibility to each other as riders to stop the CROOKED operating practices of dealers like Suzuki of Newmarket.Please call SUZUKI CANADA 905 889 2600 ask for customer service and voice your concerns or this will just continue!!!!!!!!!

I have been speaking to the service guy Jason there and he has been very help full .

Its going back on Sat and they will not charge me they are warranty it .

I have already sent Suzuki Canada a e-mail about the $53.00 charge and and this is what i got back from them

Kindly be advised that Suzuki dealerships are independently owned and operated and, as a result, they are responsible not only for their staff, but for the services provided therein. Please, address the issue you are having to Suzuki of Newmarket. You can provide a copy of your invoice and they should be able to provide you with an explanation of the charges made.
We would like to thank you for sharing your concerns with us and for allowing us the opportunity to respond.
Sincerely,

I have been speaking to the service guy Jason there and he has been very help full .

Its going back on Sat and they will not charge me they are warranty it .

I have already sent Suzuki Canada a e-mail about the $53.00 charge and and this is what i got back from them

Kindly be advised that Suzuki dealerships are independently owned and operated and, as a result, they are responsible not only for their staff, but for the services provided therein. Please, address the issue you are having to Suzuki of Newmarket. You can provide a copy of your invoice and they should be able to provide you with an explanation of the charges made.
We would like to thank you for sharing your concerns with us and for allowing us the opportunity to respond.
Sincerely,

Ok so the Battery is being replaced under warranty, but they are not refunding you the original diagnosis fee?

Sincerely,

That is an extremely poor reply on the part of Suzuki. Car Dealerships are independantly owned and operated yet if the dealers mess around with warranty to try to pull a fast one on the manufacturer they get into trouble real quick. They can even get shut down overnight. Its happened to a couple big dealers in Toronto in the past decade. In my opinion it seems SON is charging the customer for something that warranty should cover which begs the question. If the charge should have been covered by warranty then is SON also making a claim to Suzuki for the same operation to get more money? If so then that would be fraud. There have been few car dealers caught pulling this stunt.

As someone who is looking to buy his first bike in the near future I am concerned about Suzuki's lack of response on this issue. It will likely influence my purchase.

PS: I used to work with car dealers in Canada & the U.S. and had encountered a few situations of questionable practices

The only reason why SON is still open is Suzuki Canada needs the brand presence in the newmarket area.
Suzuki Canada has considered pulling the plug on SON.
This is what I was told after an extensive conversation-pulling teeth they opened up

WOW!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom