Voice message recording | GTAMotorcycle.com

Voice message recording

Wingboy

Site Supporter
I have a message on my answering machine that i need to save for legal reasons.Is there a cheap way of doing this?I don't have a fancy i-phone or anything.

Cell phone or house? If it is a cell phone call your service provider and see if they can help.

It's on my landline Steve.Trying build your post count Sarky? I used my digicam.Good enuf for what i needed.

Can you play it on a speaker phone and record it to tape/computer/another recording device? Does it need to stay on the machine as proof they called?

I have a message on my answering machine that i need to save for legal reasons.Is there a cheap way of doing this?I don't have a fancy i-phone or anything.

Just an FYI - our home phone VoIP provider (Telehop) forwards all voice mail messages (wave files) to my email which is conveniently sync'd with my Blackberry.

I pay roughly $8.99 + HST per month with ALL calling options. This uses your broadband connection.

I'm not suggesting you switch provider, just something to consider in the future.......

Last edited:

I had to do the same thing a few months ago.

What I did was:
- log into skype from your computer and remote dial into your voicemail. (how you check your voicemail remotely)
- download just about any free audio recording software and record while your checking your voicemail. Not sure if the stock windows audio recorder will do the trick but there's an endless amount of free software that will do the same and better.
- save as mp3 or whatever format you require.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

It's on my landline Steve.Trying build your post count Sarky? I used my digicam.Good enuf for what i needed.

Play it over your speakerphone and record it with a second device such as a laptop or headset/mic combo.

If you don't have a speakerphone, I'm sure a neighbour or friend has one they can loan you for the purpose. If you luck out, you may find one that has mono or stereo ouput as well.

Last case, you're welcome to borrow one of mine if you make the drive to Richmond Hill.

Gmail will let you do the the skype part for free. You can call US/Canada for free from your browser.

Just an FYI - our home phone VoIP provider (Telehop) forwards all voice mail messages (wave files) to my email which is conveniently sync'd with my Blackberry.

I pay roughly $8.99 + HST per month with ALL calling options. This uses your broadband connection.

I'm not suggesting you switch provider, just something to consider in the future.......

My magijack does the same thing, but I pay $29 a yr :D

The Source has telephone pickup coils that stick to a receiver with a suction cup and plug into a recording device with a 1/8" jack IIRC. Check admissabilities of the recording before going to court if that is an issue.

Maybe go to a mom & pop computer shop with your answering machine, any geek worth his salt should be able to figure out something for you.

Depending on the legal situation it might be important to preserve the chain of evidence. Even though it's not the same thing, this is an example of the importance: A late family member was an Operating Room nurse. One day she had a patient who had literally shot himself in the foot, in for surgery; the police came into the OR just before the surgeon extracted the bullet so they could take the bullet directly from the surgeon and into an evidence bag.

If it's a serious legal situation it would be wise for you to consult a lawyer who is knowledgeable in the applicable area of law.

The law in Canada is tricky depending on the circumstances, reading this might help you: http://blog.privacylawyer.ca/2006/07/can-you-record-telephone-calls-without.html

Back
Top Bottom