Video: Police copter chases bear away from joggers | GTAMotorcycle.com

Video: Police copter chases bear away from joggers

matthew

Site Supporter
http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1055017--video-police-copter-chases-bear-away-from-joggers

Two joggers with a baby stroller were left unscathed after a close call with a large black bear in Georgina Wednesday evening.
Watch the video.
The two adults were jogging along Weirs Side Rd. and Smith Blvd. with a baby stroller when they noticed the black bear lingering in front of them.
Meanwhile, York Regional Police Air Support Unit was patrolling the area and also spotted the bear.
Const. Rebecca Boyd says the bear was within 200 metres of the pedestrians.
“The helicopter noticed the bear and also saw the pedestrians frozen in front of it,” said Boyd.
“The bear didn’t seem like it was going to attack, but the helicopter flew over to make sure they were safe.”
The flight officers dropped their helicopter to 150 feet above ground level and hovered over the bear to scare it away.

http://media.thestar.topscms.com/video/6a/65/1de8920640c58db169af63ec825d.wmv

250px-Bear_patrol.png

There was a black bear on my property this spring. I was about 150 metres from it sitting on a log and it was wandering through a cedar bush. I wasn't too scared of it bothering me, but if there had of been cubs around I may have moved a little more hastily. I live about 10 minutes south of where this bear was spotted and they're a fairly common guest around here. People tend to forget (mostly migrated city folk) that bears, wolves, coyotes, bob-cats, and cougars where here long before us. There is a respect we need to have when out and about in nature.

There was a black bear on my property this spring. I was about 150 metres from it sitting on a log and it was wandering through a cedar bush. I wasn't too scared of it bothering me, but if there had of been cubs around I may have moved a little more hastily. I live about 10 minutes south of where this bear was spotted and they're a fairly common guest around here. People tend to forget (mostly migrated city folk) that bears, wolves, coyotes, bob-cats, and cougars where here long before us. There is a respect we need to have when out and about in nature.

+1 lots is coyotes behind my place, hear them hunting almost every night.

I didnt see any people...

Since we're all sharing bear stories a couple months ago i was driving through british columbia and pulled over to take a leak. I stepped out ofthe truck and there was a giant bear at the back of the truck just lookin at me all puzzled...i jumped back in my truck like i was on speed...

I paddled a canoe past a swimming bear in Algonqiun Park this summer. Islands no longer seemed appealing.

Yup...first thing we do if we are going to sleep overnight on an island is a bear poo search. NO poo = no bear.

Back
Top Bottom