Votes: 11 7.9%
  • not booking it yet but I might get it eventually

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • not going to get vaccinated

Votes: 13 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No drug is perfect. The human body is such a complicated system that all you can do is plan for any side effects to be as minimal as possible. Even antibody drugs, which are supposed to be highly specific, have a list of side effects associated with them, some of which can be quite serious. Vaccines are way down on the list for side effects in the grand scheme of things.

It's been a year and a half. People are pissy and ready for this to be ASAP so we can at least have some sort of enjoyable summer, and hopefully a quasi-normal winter and Christmas with family again this year.

That's not going to happen, regardless of the vaccination rate. The next variant of concern is going to throw us back into lock downs by fall.

Same way good old Boris had a blast with the G7 then turned around and extended their lockdown due to the Indian/Delta variant.

Vaccines are way down on the list for side effects in the grand scheme of things.

Considering mRNA therapeutics have nearly nothing in common with traditional vaccines. Nor has any of the 4 dozen other mRNA products have successfully passed trials in the last 20 years.

Associating them with traditionally produced vaccines isn't the way to try and make hesitant people want to go and get it.

That's not going to happen, regardless of the vaccination rate. The next variant of concern is going to throw us back into lock downs by fall.

Same way good old Boris had a blast with the G7 then turned around and extended their lockdown due to the Indian/Delta variant.

Considering mRNA therapeutics have nearly nothing in common with traditional vaccines. Nor has any of the 4 dozen other mRNA products have successfully passed trials in the last 20 years.

Associating them with traditionally produced vaccines isn't the way to try and make hesitant people want to go and get it.

Perhaps the largest widespread trials of a drug ever will…

Arguably this is what these vaccines have been going through all this time and there’s still less issues than with most prescription pharmaceuticals in a regular year.

The vaccine hesitant are hesitant because they don’t understand the context of any issues when measured against even those of the Advil they may have taken that morning.

Current vaccinations are proving pretty effective against all current variants.

None will be perfect, people will still get Covid. Eliminating it is not a realistic goal anymore, and most people know that.

Controlling it however, and keeping it on par with a cold of minor flu is the goal. As long as people don't end up in a hospital, we're winning the fight.

So if next winter turns out to be what would be considered a "normal" curve for what would have been a normal flu season, it should be pretty normal in the grand scheme of things.

And I expect boosters (the same as how the flu shot is seasonal) to be part of the attack plan. And it's already underway.

For those in Halton, individuals who got their first shot on or before May 30th can re-book their second dose appt. with a shorter interval beginning midnight tonight.

@ifiddles
@bakaboy

d92ef1a7e6e03e4e3606df55fcef887b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best I could do on their site was next Saturday

For those in Halton, individuals who got their first shot on or before May 30th can re-book their second dose appt. with a shorter interval beginning midnight tonight.

@ifiddles
@bakaboy

d92ef1a7e6e03e4e3606df55fcef887b.jpg

Not only Halton, these health units as well:
  • Toronto
  • Peel Region
  • York Region
  • Waterloo Region
  • Porcupine
  • Halton Region
  • Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph
  • Durham Region
  • Hamilton
  • Simcoe Muskoka

Not only Halton, these health units as well:
  • Toronto
  • Peel Region
  • York Region
  • Waterloo Region
  • Porcupine
  • Halton Region
  • Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph
  • Durham Region
  • Hamilton
  • Simcoe Muskoka

The media is reporting this group can re-book starting June 23rd…Halton is opening up tonight so wanted to bring that to light .

One of the benefits of having their own booking system.

The media is reporting this group can re-book starting June 23rd…Halton is opening up tonight so wanted to bring that to light .

One of the benefits of having their own booking system.

True, I missed that! To my defense, I’m not always sure what date is today with all this pandemic stuff…

Now they say don’t get the AZ just another flip flop
Not a flip flop, just changing approach based on updated data and vaccine availability. When all we had was AZ, it made sense to go that way to get shots in arms for the lower risk groups. Then as the mRNA vaccines started to arrive in larger quantities (because the US was no longer soaking up all the supply), it switched to Moderna/Pfizer as a first shot for everyone because the clotting risk of AZ was avoidable because less risky vaccines were available (and the AZ risk is still incredibly low).

Now, data is coming through that combining an AZ first shot with an mRNA second shot offers improved protection vs two AZ shots, and again, we have the supply. A million more Moderna doses were released by the US to us today, apparently. So it's not a flip flop, just modifying the approach as the data and supply situation comes in. Worse would be to stay the course simply because that was what was decided at one time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom