Unassumed roads: Who, if anyone, is liable for them? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Unassumed roads: Who, if anyone, is liable for them?

I imagine that they could sue you, if you damaged their sewer grate.
You might want to check that first.

After all, it was stationary and you hit it.

Last edited:
IMO, if the developer tells me that I can move in and leaves huge crates for me to drive over, that is assumed liabilty. I would rather wait that extra 1-2-3-4 weeks to get the road paved then to move into a sub division that is not finished.

And the developer has give you that choice. They've posted the road is unassumed. You now have the choice to NOT drive on it until they remove that sign. You CAN wait your 1-2-3-4 weeks to get on the road.

Again..it's people that don't take responsibility for their actions that result in LESS choices. As they say...a few can ruin good things for many.

Not as many as in the neighboring nation and neither should there be any more.

As an example, I suspect the City of Toronto receives on the order of 1000 civil suits a year in the range of $1-$5 million each for tripping on sidewalks. What a waste of process..

As an example, I suspect the City of Toronto receives on the order of 1000 civil suits a year in the range of $1-$5 million each for tripping on sidewalks. What a waste of process..

Can't blame'em for wanting to enjoy the American dream, can you? Get hurt through your own stupidity = jacpot! :D

Jesus. I just wanted opinions. Are all your 14k+ posts full of such self-righteous arrogance? Apparently, everyone's an idiot but you.
No, the sewer grate was raised extremely high. I would post pictures for you, so this conspiracy of mine to get the city, or developer to pay compensation for my ruptured transmission tank on my standard raised VW can be debunked, and you can finally rest your very valued and emotional opinion.

Don't get so worked up over someone soliciting opinions, and if you even bothered to read, I accepted the general agreement that I should take the loss you clown.

+1 AMEN!!!

In any case something doesn't add up in the op's story... Going 15km/h, hitting the grate an causing damage? He was either doing way over 15km/h or the car is slammed WAY too low to the ground. In any case it's not the developer's responsibility. And before a bunch of people come out with fantasy scenarios about how it's possible, I come from a country where people routinely park on curbs and they routinely climb them doing an easy 15km/h. You don't see a bunch of disabled cars there, so there's something that the OP's embellishing here.

Whatever it was, it's clearly the OP's responsibility.. However, the OP is looking to have someone else pay for the self-inflicted damage and people are helping him. People, we're not lawsuit-happy Yanks and let's not turn Canada into the U.S. of A.

It's people like you and the op that will cause the developer to post no trespassing signs. Get to your new house via helicopter or wait until the road is finished. Grow up and take responsibility for your actions instead of looking who to blame first.

Get to my house via a helocopter or wait till the road is finished!? I think you have some growing up to do, sir.

I don't like your language or your tone.

You came up with the bright idea after crashing into something, that maybe you could get the owners of the thing to pay you.

There is no reason to start name calling, and you don't need a helicopter to get home, you just need to avoid hitting things with your VW.

If you are not competent to avoid hitting things, please, please, please avoid using any vehicle, car or motorcycle.

Anyhow, I agree with most of you, that this will likely be a drain of money, and time, and I should take the loss.

However, just in case, anybody recommend any lawyers?

That doesn't indicate full agreement with the consensus.

Jesus. I just wanted opinions. Are all your 14k+ posts full of such self-righteous arrogance? Apparently, everyone's an idiot but you.
No, the sewer grate was raised extremely high. I would post pictures for you, so this conspiracy of mine to get the city, or developer to pay compensation for my ruptured transmission tank on my standard raised VW can be debunked, and you can finally rest your very valued and emotional opinion.

Don't get so worked up over someone soliciting opinions, and if you even bothered to read, I accepted the general agreement that I should take the loss you clown.

Thanks for the insult. You took it upon yourself to take what is not yet a road, didn't bother avoiding an obstacle and started looking for ways to get someone else to pay for your mistake.. When people offered opinions contrary to your convenience, you started dishing out insults. Very mature of you :cool:

Back
Top Bottom