Unable to find motorcycle lift/jack in Canada | GTAMotorcycle.com

Unable to find motorcycle lift/jack in Canada

imcool

hi,
I have Rocket 3R 2022

I can not find decent Motorcycle lift for my bike in Canada, I tried following:

Princess Auto - read reviews and they say the bottle can give up/leak anytime
Amazon lifts - every jack lift has 30% bad reviews about metal bent/bottle failures
NapaCanada - has cheap one in stock but premium one $500 is out of stock
Canadiantire - we all know how their products are
Harley dealership - Back-ordered for 6 months
Fortnine.ca - K&L lift is out of stock

I saw this
video from a guy in BC or somewhere, he modded his lift as Canada does not have any decent motorcycle lift jacks anywhere. I can not mod jacks i dont have tools.

What lift should I buy and from where? I can pay up to $800 for lift as I cant risk the motorcycle is 34K

Thank you for reading

What kind of work are you planning on doing on the bike? This might change the type of jack or lift needed.

I can possibly get you one as I am dealer let me know if you want P and D

My PA 1,000 hydraulic / pneumatic lift is about 5 years old, no issues.

hi,
I have Rocket 3R 2022

I can not find decent Motorcycle lift for my bike in Canada, I tried following:

Princess Auto - read reviews and they say the bottle can give up/leak anytime
Amazon lifts - every jack lift has 30% bad reviews about metal bent/bottle failures
NapaCanada - has cheap one in stock but premium one $500 is out of stock
Canadiantire - we all know how their products are
Harley dealership - Back-ordered for 6 months
Fortnine.ca - K&L lift is out of stock

I saw this
video from a guy in BC or somewhere, he modded his lift as Canada does not have any decent motorcycle lift jacks anywhere. I can not mod jacks i dont have tools.

What lift should I buy and from where? I can pay up to $800 for lift as I cant risk the motorcycle is 34K

Thank you for reading
Cool bike. KV has a good point. What problem is the lift trying to solve? If I had the space, I would generally prefer a platform lift over a tiny jack under the frame for most activities. Conceptual picture below, lots of similar options.

Titan_Lift_1500D.jpg

I have the Princess Auto lift.
The pneumatics no longer work but I pump the lift up by foot. Holds my ST1300 and quad like a champ.

I have the PA lift, it's worked for the last few years flawlessly, it has no trouble with big bikes, I've had full-size cruisers on her.

Not a bad deal at $700 for a home garage lift.

Honestly I have a moto master lift and I have had it for many years it's beat up and it still works great holds my gs500 no problem but the rocket 3 is a big bike. I would recommend a quality platform lift for you

I have the PA lift, it's worked for the last few years flawlessly, it has no trouble with big bikes, I've had full-size cruisers on her.

Not a bad deal at $700 for a home garage lift.

Sales price Just goes to show you how everything is up these days. In Feb. 2019 list was $699 and the sale price was $470. Now the sales price is $699.

My PA 1,000 is pissing out the side of the can. It goes up, but than goes down much quicker than I'd like. Once I finish the valve clearance I'll move on to fixing the jack (if it's possible). I hope I can just buy a cylinder and replace it. If not, garbage.

Havn't had my PA 1000lb long but it works good. Once up you can lock the height with a pin so should be fairly safe.

My PA 1,000 is pissing out the side of the can. It goes up, but than goes down much quicker than I'd like. Once I finish the valve clearance I'll move on to fixing the jack (if it's possible). I hope I can just buy a cylinder and replace it. If not, garbage.
You'll note that many of the parts for the 1,000 lb PA lift are "out of stock" as per their web page, including the pump unit.

I know just about nothing about hydraulic pumps, but they can't be all that complicated. You likely have a leaking seal or o ring. When you get to the repair post the issue(s) found, with lots of pictures, and I'm sure there is enough knowledge out there on the board to help you get the lift fixed.

I loves me my Harbor Freight 1000lb. lift.
Best part was I got it on sale for $299USD.

Even with the exchange rate it was a bargoon. Even better... Drove it home across the border and the CBSA just waived me through... No extra taxes or duty.

Handles my FJR just fine

EPyfmTt.jpg

Last edited:
FYI, my pin bent slightly with just a 400 lb sport bike on it while raised for a couple hours. Now I leave it pressurized with the pin as a backup, and always lower it when it's unattended.

Just to be clear, what I meant by that was the locking pin could have been made thicker or out of better steel. I have no concerns about the lift itself.

FYI, my pin bent slightly with just a 400 lb sport bike on it while raised for a couple hours. Now I leave it pressurized with the pin as a backup, and always lower it when it's unattended.

My PA lift was owned for 2 years by a guy with a 900 lb HD and I used it for a 750 lb Honda ST. Never had an issue with a bent pin. I'd raise the lift, then insert the pin and lower the lift so the pin was taking 100% of the weight effectively leaving the hydraulics unpressurized. Maybe pin quality / size varied year by year.

In general, you have to be realistic about the build quality or longevity of a relatively cheap consumer grade PA or HF lift vs. a commercial type lift you'd see in a bike shop that costs a minimum of 2 - 3 times more, but is built for daily use. My 2 year used lift was $200 on Kijiji (a killer deal I know) and there was no way I was going to spend about $1,500+ for a commercial type lift so at this point I'm completely satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom