U SA Insurance now available for Canadian Snowbirds | GTAMotorcycle.com

U SA Insurance now available for Canadian Snowbirds

GYMPY

Banned
I am opening a Big Can of Beans here, but who cares. If it helps us snowbirds, why not. There is an Insurance company in the USA which will insure Canadian Plated Vehicles [cars, trucks, bikes, trikes, etc] at a much lower cost than the industry can up here. I will not name the company or companies here but you can google USA insurance companies and it will show up. You have to spend five to six months down there and they will cover the other six months up here. There have been many Canadians which have gone that way. Savings ar less than half to a bit more than half of what we pay up here. Free Trade is what the USA insurance industry motto is. I only found out this winter but it has been in effect down there for a year or so prior. I know of several persons who have switched to US insurance. Mine is up at the end of the month and thinking seriously of saying adios to the Canadian motorcycle insurance industry. I moved from Brampton to a very small place north west of Barry and Riders Plus charged me seven dollars more on my existing policy for one month. Way to go ECHELON ins.

My new policy has increased by 84.00 a year on a 2000 goldwing SE with a Lehman trike kit which Rider Plus through ECHELON insurance valued at 23,000.00 dollars. I will be paying just under 1,200.00 for a one year policy. In the states, insurance cost would be 450.00 for a year. Want to hear a kicker, my 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 insurance company refunded me a 90.00 dollar check for the three months remaining on that policy. I only pay 1,350.00 a year for my truck insurance. I have a six star rating with ECHELON which they say is as high as any one can have with them. I wonder if that six star rating would not mean, we can charge him a 1.17 for the remainder of his one month existing policy which equals about seven dollars for the remainder of the month. Do I like Insurance companies?????????????? Tell me. Roger P.S. Flame suit on. Bring it on. I can take it, I can give it. Told Rider Plus broker about that and she admited to me they know about USA insurance and she blew my head off why I should not insure with those USA companies.

Why wouldn't you name the insurance company? This isn't private information. If a US insurer is willing to write a snowbird in Canada at a cheap rate, then by all means go with them. Just be sure that you have adequate coverage . . . the minimum level of coverage in most states is VERY small in comparison to Ontario.

You are right to some extent about coverage. You can buy the maximum coverage for which state you insure in. Each state has there maximum coverage limit. You seem to be uptight about this post. Could you be losing policies to US insurance companies or are you scared of???????? No, I will not name any as I do not want to put myself in a position of Liability for recomending any US insurance company. You being in the insurance industry must know about liability. I see you have not read my other post under different post here. Nowhere in Ontario will you ever be able to collect a claim of two million dollar lawsuit in Ontario unless it is a very severe case and you know what I mean. All payment for pain and suffering, punitive damages etc are capped. So do you really need two million coverage or is this another means of getting more money out of us vehicle owners??????????? Over to you. Yes, looking to change over. Money talks, all else walks. Roger

Hey Viffer fun. With my driving record, why I'm I paying these outrageous fees?????????? Why don't you send me a quote on an insurance policy for my trike. Show me you are competitive, and I mean competitive and quote me. E-mail adress is triker83@hotmail.com. There you have all the info you need to quote me. Roger

Hey Viffer fun. With my driving record, why I'm I paying these outrageous fees?????????? Why don't you send me a quote on an insurance policy for my trike. Show me you are competitive, and I mean competitive and quote me. E-mail adress is ****. There you have all the info you need to quote me. Roger

Tin hats anyone? You need to relax buddy.. You are not exposing yourself to any liability by recommending a business. You are however exposing yourself to every guymen and oga from Nigeria by posting your e-mail address in a public forum. By the way, the liability portion doesn't add that much (we're talking maybe 5% difference) when you compare 200,000 and 2,000,000.. It's the accident benefits portion that eats up a good chunk of your Ontario insurance rates.

You can't get in trouble for recommending an insurance company . . . that's just ridiculous. Don't recommend and simply post a link to their site then.

I set rates and have nothing to do with sales or quotes. I can't explain your trike premium without many more details.

This guy is BS. There, I called it.

Seriously, if you are here to help out fellow riders, or have any common sense at all, name the insurance company so we folks can check them out. Apparently, your cause/motivation is highly suspicious. I dont understand why would you post up a WALL OF TEXTS without providing the ESSENTIAL INFORMATION ie. the insurance provider NAME; You are being TOTALLY USELESS, period. Perhaps you are not here to benefit the gtam community and just wanna stir things up a bit; in that case, get lost, and we would not be interested in whatever you have to say k?

ok, gotta go to school, flame on.

i lived in the states many years ago ... insurance is cheap but the required minimums are lower ... i figure back then i had barely anything and if someone was going to sue me then i'd just give them everything i had and then decalre bankruptcy LOL

having said that I did have a VFR and it was only 36 bucks a month for liability + fire / theft :D

i lived in the states many years ago ... insurance is cheap but the required minimums are lower ... i figure back then i had barely anything and if someone was going to sue me then i'd just give them everything i had and then decalre bankruptcy LOL

having said that I did have a VFR and it was only 36 bucks a month for liability + fire / theft :D

$36/mo isn't really that cheap, considering:

a.) It's Sport Touring
b.) The USD was probably a 15% premium over the CAD at that time
c.) $36/mo isn't adjusted for inflation to today's dollars
d.) Your coverage probably sucked
e.) The GTA statistically has the worst claims experience in all of Canada, if not North America

It's kinda of a niche for those living in the states for longer periods of time. Wonder how much of the insurance savings goes towards medical/healthcare insurance when living in the states?

Wonder if AB/BI coverage is adequate if there is a claim in Ontario?

It certainly not a bad idea to look into it further. Can we have the name of the company please?

I heard that on the news. But I thought that it was only a healthcare insurance

$36/mo isn't really that cheap, considering:

a.) It's Sport Touring
b.) The USD was probably a 15% premium over the CAD at that time
c.) $36/mo isn't adjusted for inflation to today's dollars
d.) Your coverage probably sucked
e.) The GTA statistically has the worst claims experience in all of Canada, if not North America

That's about $500 a year. A few years ago I was paying that for basics on an old Goldwing in Toronto.

I'm paying that much (well $554 a year) for my Fizzer.

Back
Top Bottom