TV shows currently watching | Page 211 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TV shows currently watching

Season 3 of True Detective. Very well done. Not predictable and enjoy the mixing up of not just 2 but 3 timelines but in a way that isn’t confusing. Looking forward to Season 4 with Jodie Foster.

Got offered crave tv 2 months for free so i just finished binge watching season 4, it's a meh rating from me.

Bit different ....top reviews ....on Acorn TV ....maybe elsewhere
took me a whilte to engage but crazy twists and pace (y)

Last edited:
"Resident Alien" season 3 started last week. The writing took a bit of a dip, after the strike, but I'm sure it will recover. Still a fun show.

Just finished House of Ninjas on Netflix, pretty good watch. Soundtrack was pretty great, english songs at key points created some dark humour.
Fight choreography was good IMO.

I tried watching the new Mr & Ms Smith, it was terrible and weird. No.

Has anyone watched this:

Never knew this exsisted

Neither did I but can guess why, it's fan made web series. Probably have to give it a go. Production quality look on par/better than TOS.

"Star Trek Continues is an American fan-made web series set in the Star Trek universe. Produced by the nonprofit Trek Continues, Inc. and Dracogen, and initially co-produced by Far from Home LLC and Farragut Films (who previously produced a fan-made "Starship Farragut" series), Star Trek Continues consists of 11 episodes released between 2013 and 2017. The series is an unofficial direct continuation of Star Trek: The Original Series, and emulates its visual and storytelling features to achieve the same look and feel. The creators of Star Trek Continues intended to finish the original five-year mission of the show, which they do in the final two episodes.[1]

The series was fan-created and all episodes were released on YouTube. As with all such Star Trek fan productions, use of copyrighted and trademarked properties from the original series was allowed so long as the production was not commercial.[2] A portion of the funds was raised by thousands of backers through successful Kickstarter and Indiegogo campaigns.[3]"

For those who don't already know, there are a ton of fan films out there. Some are based on TV shows and others on video game properties. For example long before Amazon ever thought about doing a series based on the Fallout video games, a production company called Wayside Creations did a fan series called "Fallout: Nuka Break." It's excellent. They even convinced Doug Jones to play a part in it. Unfortunately, the group fell apart due to some truly evil manipulation by one of the members. Please, if you watch it and want to comment on the social media of any of the actors to praise it, don't. Tybee, at the very least, really doesn't want to hear it at this point. All of them went through personal pain as a result and the "evil one" was Tybee's boyfriend, at the time. Still, the series is very much worth watching.

EDIT - This sort of thing is the reason why I started that "Alternative Media" thread, a long while ago.

Another fan film is "The 'Verse", set in the Firefly universe. It would have made for a good series as well. it was backed by the company Loot Crate. You might see a trend here. I happen to think that a certain actress is both very talented and drop-dead gorgeous ;)

Yup and hard to square Taxi Driver with my personal time line.
1708848072347.png
I was already 19 .....and riding.
BTW she was terrific in Nyad.
Filmmaker/actress Jodie Foster, scored her second Oscar nomination in the Best Supporting Actress category for her role as swim coach Bonnie Stoll in Nyad.

Nyad is a biographical drama about marathon swimmer Diana Nyad (Annette Bening) and Foster's nomination comes 47 years after she received her first-ever Oscar nomination in the same category.
good read

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom