TV shows currently watching | Page 208 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TV shows currently watching

I supposed the culpability of Fujitsu depends on whether or not the bugs were known to them, or ever reported by the Royal Post. From the sound of it RP just assumed that the software was right, despite the ridiculous volume of reports not really making sense, so likely never looked into possible software issues. Not to be an apologist or anything but not all corner cases are found in software testing and if they go unreported, there's little that a company can do.

Trying not to 'spoil' the series, but Fujitsu explicitly knew the software was deeply broken and had techs making changes directly to POS systems in the background to try and secretly fix the accounting discrepancies all while stating publically that absolutely nobody but the sub-postmasters would have access to that data and and remote changes were impossible. They absolutely knew the software was deeply broken but hid it and lied repeatedly. Their tech support script was explicit in stating to anyone who called their helpline that they were the only one with the problem, too, to discourage people speaking to one another. The Post Office was responsible for the choices to prosecute the employees instead of doing the right thing, but they did so partly to protect the reputation of the Horizon system for a multitude of awful reasons. Ultimately, the first point of contact from the users when they had issues was to the Fujitsu subsidiary rather than the Post Office themselves, so I'd argue that they knew much more profoundly that there were problems, and in fact we're active in obfuscating that information to the corporate Post Office at innumerable points.

Trying not to 'spoil' the series, but Fujitsu explicitly knew the software was deeply broken and had techs making changes directly to POS systems in the background to try and secretly fix the accounting discrepancies all while stating publically that absolutely nobody but the sub-postmasters would have access to that data and and remote changes were impossible. They absolutely knew the software was deeply broken but hid it and lied repeatedly. Their tech support script was explicit in stating to anyone who called their helpline that they were the only one with the problem, too, to discourage people speaking to one another. The Post Office was responsible for the choices to prosecute the employees instead of doing the right thing, but they did so partly to protect the reputation of the Horizon system for a multitude of awful reasons. Ultimately, the first point of contact from the users when they had issues was to the Fujitsu subsidiary rather than the Post Office themselves, so I'd argue that they knew much more profoundly that there were problems, and in fact we're active in obfuscating that information to the corporate Post Office at innumerable points.
Then I hope the lawsuits, that arise from this, tear them a new one. It's the sort of thing that I patently refused to do, to my emplyers' faces, when I worked in private industry.

The numbers are staggering. Almost 300 people went to jail, and many plead guilty despite being innocent to avoid said jail time, resulting in a criminal record. One thing the show does really well is humanise the people being crushed under the weight of the system being abused. The sense of confusion, anger and powerlessness when falsely accused of wrongdoing, but not really understanding where the funds went, or why such a profoundly unfair result was pursued so doggedly against entirely innocent people. At the moment, the Post Office is taking most of the blame, but I think Fujitsu deserves just as much, and many on both sides should be jailed. Of course, they're the ones with a voice in the corridors of power, so I expect the outcome will be compensation for the postmasters, pardons for those convicted, and then a drawn-out inquiry that will last just long enough for public attention to move elsewhere, and allow for some vague words about culpability without anyone in particular being punished. See also the Hillsborough Inquiry for a similar tactic of protecting those in power...

“You’re the only one”

That’s what I found most evil and what the end judgement probably comes down to. Tell them “you’re the only one” because we know they aren’t and they have no power individually.

Invasion on Apple is indeed very good. It’s more like old fashioned “clever” sci-fi in that it relies on building tension and suspense through storytelling rather than bombarding a viewer with CGI. There is a lot of CGI and it is masterfully done but the writing and character development is perfect.

Then I hope the lawsuits, that arise from this, tear them a new one. It's the sort of thing that I patently refused to do, to my emplyers' faces, when I worked in private industry.

The lawsuits will be epic. One of the postmasters had to have electroconvulsive therapy as she developed severe depression. Some of the postmasters/mistresses were of Indian descent as a post office represented a good investment and they were hard working and financially savvy. When the shortfalls first started appearing they were tarnished as thieves and pilloried by the community which was exacerbated due to the latent racism at the time.

Just finished watching the latest MCU series…Echo.

Meh. Not the worst, and def not the best. But interesting on its own.

"For All Mankind" really good series.

Holy crap. I feel it started out so well, but as the future was more and modified, it just got dumber and dumber. My partner and I laugh and say the writing could be done by a 12 year old. It's so simple and predictable. The acting is good (even though we both want Ed to just die and piss off), but the story lines are just..... dog crap.

I knew little about Cary Grant. Decent series tho. Brit Box
Pretty fine acting - really enjoyed it.
and a very intriguing story

Last edited:
Finished Fargo S5 - was great. Like how they switched things up less focus on the police as main character. Wasn't too sure how Juno would be in this, she ended up being fantastic. Ending very quirky, exactly as it should be.

Loudermilk isn’t too bad on Netflix. Some laugh out loud moments. Pretty good Farrelly fare starring the guy from Office Space. He basically plays a cantankerous alcohol abuse councillor. The episode we watched last night where a new guy gets a sponsor was hilarious.

Finally took up @Evoex and started watching silo, I like it. It feels like a better version of snow piercer

Silo is fantastic. Final season of Curb your Enthusiasm comes out next month.
Letterkenny is another amazing, all Canadian show. Series finale came out last month.

If subtitles aren't an issue. Death Game on Prime is pretty good. Interesting premise and some fun action.
Just finished season 2 Reacher also. Great watch, think this season was as good if not better than the first.

Trying out Top Boy on Netflix - good reviews. 🍿
Can't follow the accent and not my cuppa for music....I'll try something else.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom