Turo Sucks | GTAMotorcycle.com

Turo Sucks

Mad Mike

My daughter just went on a trip to Florida, she booked a car with Turo in November for her trip, it was about $500 for the week. On her way to the airport on Friday, Turo sent her a message saying the car rental she paid for was cancelled. They offered her a refund, no assistance finding another car as there were no Turo cars available in the city she was visiting for less than $120USD/day + insurance..

She ended up paying $1000 CAD for 4 days of car rental - busy season - heavy price for a university student.

Turo offered nothing but a refund. Beware, don't use them, their cancellation policy for buyers is worthless.

jc100

Use Twitter and post up your complaint to the company. That’s all I really use Twitter for now, shaming negligent companies. It’s surprisingly effective at getting some sort of compromise for valid complaints.

daught

Credit card rental vehicle insurance doesn't cover them, so it really isn't worth it unless you actually really want to drive a specific car. Their cars + insurance is way more expensive than rental car company car with credit card insurance.

ScorpionT16

I wouldn't bother relying on your credit card for rental insurance, unless you got a very premium CC. there are numerous stories online of people just using CC insurance getting footed with massive bills for minor things ruining their trips. There is a huge list of what is covered and what is not

mimico_polak

Site Supporter
I've considered Turo before for rentals but honestly I don't find the pricing to be that great, but sure you have a greater variety.
One of the reasons I never used them is whenever I clicked on the cars, there was something that stated they've either cancelled the last one, or some stupid cancellation issue that kept rising up.

Enterprise had a car for $35/day...I can deal with that until I buy a car. For now it's still way cheaper than buying a second car.

daught

I have Scotiabank amex. I wouldn't call it "super" premium. They covered a windshield. At $120/yr it pays for itself

Gary

Site Supporter
I pay $15 or $20 extra / yr on one of my car insurance policies. It covers me like my own, if and when I rent anything.

Top Bottom