Triumph owners unite! | Page 23 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Triumph owners unite!

Re: Triumph Rat

Proud new owner of a 2006 Bonneville T100 in red/black - dare I say I'm in love (after only a brief ride in the parking garage)... Now to sell off my other bikes to pay for this thing.

Nice example of a T100, I really dig the black / red combo, congratulations.

Your going to love just going out for a ride, easy to ride around town, insurance low , win, win.

Looks pretty much stock, any plans for for modifications?

Nice example of a T100, I really dig the black / red combo, congratulations.

Your going to love just going out for a ride, easy to ride around town, insurance low , win, win.

Looks pretty much stock, any plans for for modifications?

That's the great debate right now. It does have bar end mirrors, locking gas cap, tool-free seat screws, centre stand - all practical things. I've been looking over so many options for mods but suppose I should just ride it as is for a while before I do anything - I know everyone says to tackle the suspension first.

But yah I dream of chopping/ditching the big rear fender, lower bars, fork gaiters etc...

Congrats!

If those are the stock pipes, you might also want to consider swapping those.

I have a 07' Bonnie so let me know if you have any questions.

Yeah, spend some time riding her first.

Pop up to Guelph and we'll do some rides through the Hockley Valley, Wasaga Beach, Port Dover, perhaps even the Highlands via Algonquin Park.

The T100 suspension seems better than the SE, Beefy has no complaints.

With a few thousand miles on your bike practical things such as luggage, comfort, tires and visibility become high priority items to spend your money on.

Looking forward to spring,
Allan
(Blkbny)

Yeah, spend some time riding her first.

Pop up to Guelph and we'll do some rides through the Hockley Valley, Wasaga Beach, Port Dover, perhaps even the Highlands via Algonquin Park.

The T100 suspension seems better than the SE, Beefy has no complaints.

With a few thousand miles on your bike practical things such as luggage, comfort, tires and visibility become high priority items to spend your money on.

Looking forward to spring,
Allan
(Blkbny)

Allan's advice is worth noting, there is zero luggage on the triumph, I have a Thruxton and decided to make this....both sides, I call it a " murse support", I can get away with it, I'm italian.....

Last edited:

Allan's advice is worth noting, there is zero luggage on the triumph, I have a Thruxton and decided to make this....both sides, I call it a " murse support", I can get away with it, I'm italian.....

Yah I'm seriously worried about the lack of storage - this (these) are the bikes I'm selling off, going to miss the hard luggage.

I'm part of the Triumph faithful. Just traded my 2010 TBird and took delivery of a new Trophy SE!!!!

Hey guys.. Joining the Triumph Gang ..
16828542856_d5617d5ce0_c.jpg

What oil are you guys using? Previous owner said Amsoil 10/40? also best place to get oil filters? are you guys going right to GP for it?? Thanks! Love the bike

Yah I'm seriously worried about the lack of storage - this (these) are the bikes I'm selling off, going to miss the hard luggage.

One solution is the big tank bag. With lower handlebars, the tbag actually works as a bit of a wind break. For the rear, depending on how comfortable you feel about butchering, there are solutions. I chose to cut my stock seat to single seater and then fabbed up a mounting system for a Pelican case. It's not pretty. I'm going to try the Wolfman Wolf tailbag this year.

I'm using Shell Rotella and a Yamaha filter. Coincidentally the filter for my FZ09 also fits the Thruxton, so I kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.

BTW, very nice R spec Daytona mr.walczak.

What oil are you guys using? Previous owner said Amsoil 10/40? also best place to get oil filters? are you guys going right to GP for it?? Thanks! Love the bike

I usually use Motul 7100. But my last service @ GP, they put in 300V. As for oil filter, GP or Sturgess.

p.s. nice bike.

Last edited:
Finally pulled the trigger on a 2014 bonnie. Haven't taken delivery yet - probably be another couple of weeks at least. Am gonna ride it and decide what I hate the most before I start earmarking changes... although I already hate the mirrors.
2014 bonne blue white 018.jpg

Sturgess Cycle is having their Annual Spring Tent Sale on Saturday April 25[SUP]th[/SUP], 2015, from 9 am to 5 pm, I'm heading down if the weather cooperates.

Back
Top Bottom