Triumph owners unite! | Page 24 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Triumph owners unite!

Thanks for the heads-up. I think I'll check that out myself.

Where do they put the tent?

Not sure, never been.
They keep sending me invites though, some good deals on jackets in the e-flyer, maybe this year.

Not sure, never been.
They keep sending me invites though, some good deals on jackets in the e-flyer, maybe this year.
Do they carry more stock than GP Bikes?

Yes, GP Bikes looks bigger from the virtual tour, Sturgess is a bit 'quainter', being a hundred years old and all.

Not 100 years at that location. Only about 1/2 century.

Sturgess Cycle is having their Annual Spring Tent Sale on Saturday April 25[SUP]th[/SUP], 2015, from 9 am to 5 pm, I'm heading down if the weather cooperates.

Hi and thanks for referring me to this part of GTAM. I've registered here recently though was not aware there is Triumph zone here.

How was the tent sale today?

I'm picking up my TBird Nightstorm from Sturgess mid May. As I'm new to Canada I've passed my M1 only a week and a half ago and passed CEMO-801 M1 Exit test last weekend. Though as I understood MTO can print out my M2 license only on 61st day after the date of my M1. So when picking up my Nightstorm in May I probably need to look for some low speed local roads for not to violate M1 restrictions when getting from Hamilton to Midtown Towonto where I live :) Though I have some 5 years of riding experience (including 3 years with TBird Storm and 1 year with Tiger 800xc, my first bike was Honda CBF 600 SA). What if I take highway and police officer pulls me over on highway before I get my M2? What if I show him my full motorcycle license that i got back in Ukraine in 2009?

Welcome Greg, didn't make it to Sturgess, my oldest boy was back from school at Ottawa and we needed to do some catching up.

Can't really counsel you on licensing restrictions, I was licenced in 1973 - things sure have changed!

Anyway, back roads are great on a TBird, I'm sure you'll have great ride .

Last edited:
Can't really counsel you on licensing restrictions, I was licenced in 1973 - things sure have changed!

Anyway, back roads are great on a TBird, I'm sure you'll have great ride .

Since 1973 - that's a lot of experience! I was born just a year earlier in 1972:)

Thanks for the advise on back roads, when riding in Europe or in the US I was always asking my GPS to avoid highways to have more fun. Now besides of fun I will do that for compliance too :)

Donno if Sturgess are bigger than GP, though a week and a half ago when I decided that i need Nightstorm these guys already had its Special Edition on stock while guys from GP didn't have a clue when they can order it for me.

Ray from Sturgess told me that each dealer in Canada will get only one Nightstorm special edition, so looks like I'm going to be the first owner in Ontario:) This is worth having a GO train ride to Hamilton

BTW, are there any regular RATs gatherings in Toronto or GTA area?

Who do I need to talk to to get Ontario (or Canada) RAT patches for my riding jackets?

Last edited:
Sturgess Cycle is having their Annual Spring Tent Sale on Saturday April 25[SUP]th[/SUP], 2015, from 9 am to 5 pm, I'm heading down if the weather cooperates.

Well, Sturgess made no mention of this tent sale on their web page, not even on their calendar of events. I ended up not making the trip down to Hamilton.

Last edited:
So why don't a few of us ( or as many as we can ) triumph owners get together for say breakfast Sunday am at icehouse campbellville?

I only talk to Triumph modern classic twins riders. I'll wave to anybody.

Now yer talkin'.

I was thinking about the Scrambler and Steve McQueen the other day. If Steve was alive today would he ride a Triumph modern classic? Not likely. He'd ride a GSA, KTM Adventure, maybe a Panigale or highly fettled Speed Triple. And then I thought No!, he'd be 85, of course he would ride a Triumph modern classic twin!

). What if I take highway and police officer pulls me over on highway before I get my M2? What if I show him my full motorcycle license that i got back in Ukraine in 2009?

Hi.
You will most likely get in trouble , as far as I am aware, there is no direct swap of any motorcycle licences from other countries like there are for automobile licences. Your Ukraine licence is not really valid here.

I was thinking about the Scrambler and Steve McQueen the other day. If Steve was alive today would he ride a Triumph modern classic? Not likely. He'd ride a GSA, KTM Adventure, maybe a Panigale or highly fettled Speed Triple. And then I thought No!, he'd be 85, of course he would ride a Triumph modern classic twin!

Are you kidding? An 85 year old couldn't get one of those heavy @ss modern classic twins up off it's sidestand.

Are you kidding? An 85 year old couldn't get one of those heavy @ss modern classic twins up off it's sidestand.

Steve's no fool, he'd have Keanu or one of his other proletariat buddys forge a proper bend into the side stand. Speaking of which, have you ever had the offending piece in your hand? How about the cs cover?

Back
Top Bottom