Transitions visors | GTAMotorcycle.com

Transitions visors

Michael0124

Site Supporter
I'm in the market for a new helmet. I'm currently using a Bell Rs2 with the drop down visor and although its handy it adds complexity and bulk, I'm looking to get get away from that. Not a fan of swapping out visors nor wearing sunglasses under the helmet.

I've tried hjc, shoei, and agv helmets, none of them fit me well. So I think I will go with another Bell helmet.

Came across the Star DLX MIPS, I like the look of it and the safety system appeals to me. Added value is that it includes a transition visor, but am unsure of how well it actually works.

Curious if anyone has experience with transition visors and your opinion of it?

I. LOVE. THEM. Especially for a commuter like me where during the summer time you want good tint, but when autumn comes, you don't want as much tint on your rides back as it gets darker and darker.

They work quite nicely. I also have an older version of the bell star and i miss it. (i had it on my first helmet, bell vortex).

have been interested in them for awhile
not available, yet, for my helmet brand - Nolan

have gotten by just fine with flip down sunshades
but I also wear scrip glasses while riding

be best if you could try it out first before dropping $$
some visor/glasses/inst. displays don't play well together

I have been using one for the past two seasons on my ShoeiRF 1200 helmet. Works really good. I'd say it gets almost as dark as a pure dark visor in full sunlight. Transitions quickly from light to dark. On cloudy days it goes to 50% dark. They are expensive but worth it in my opinion. This may be just my visor , but I am starting to see spots where the visor is not transitioning. Looks like small bug spots. I will most likely get e new one for this season. So I am not sure on the longevity of them.

I have the Bell Qualifier DLX with Mips and transitions visor.

I highly recommend the transitions visor. It’s so convenient and well worth the investment. Best money I ever spent on a helmut.

Btw, I also wear prescription glasses also with transition lenses and have no issues with both while riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you ride from bright sunlight into a dark tunnel, how quickly does the tint change?
Friend of mine says there's a noticeable delay.

Also had one of his shoei get 'stuck' in transition. Had to replace it.

Friend of mine says there's a noticeable delay.

I'm just watching YouTube reviews. One guys says it takes almost a full minute for it to go from dark smoke to clear. No Bueno.

Also, they report issues at dawn & dusk where there is not enough light to trigger the photochromatic element, so you're stuck squinting through a clear shield at the rising or setting sun if it's in front of you.

Also... $200 USD.

Also had one of his shoei get 'stuck' in transition. Had to replace it.

Damn.

$200 USD.

The slow transition is what I'm worried about, don't want to be blinded until it adjusts. But seems that those of you that have the Bell version love it, so maybe it's not a big a deal.

If you ride from bright sunlight into a dark tunnel, how quickly does the tint change?
It depends on the length of the tunnel. It will take at least 20 seconds to go to clear. But it will start to transition right away. Just takes time to start noticing it.

Lets just say i dont ride through dark tunnels often enough for it to be a problem

What's a visor?

It’s short for ‘advisor’.
The Transitions Visor, or rather, Transition Advisor, gives riders advice on changing riding conditions, such as sunny, cloudy and night riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom