Trail / Park in GTA? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trail / Park in GTA?

Banger

Site Supporter
I have heard the rumours that there is some place to ride located in Vaughan's west end.

Anyone else hear about this? Like a little park for kids or something.....??

There's Boyd Park just south of Rutherford on Islington. Lots of trails around the perimeter of the park. If you follow the river north and cross Rutherford, there is a path that goes north all the way to Kleinburg (Teston Rd). On Pine Valley, just north of Rutherford is Kortright Centre. If you have ay map or GPS, you could hike through a bit of brush to some cross country ski/walking trails in Kortright.

North of there, is the Oak Ridges Moraine Trail, north of 15th/Bloomington Rd - the easiest access is by the old Eaton Mansion on the Seneca College property. It's a huge trail system stretching from Markham to Caledon.

Last edited:
Does Boyd Park allow motorized vehicles? I thought it was hiking/mountain biking/etc.

Does Boyd Park allow motorized vehicles? I thought it was hiking/mountain biking/etc.

They don't even like mountain biking - LOL! Kortright is even worse! No motorized vehicles.

I figured the OP wanted to go somewhere where little kids could ride bicycles and play. Perhaps I misunderstood. If that's the case, CMTS is a great place for little kids to ride ATV's or dirt bikes with professional instruction and supervision. It is located by Horeshoe Valley Resort, just north of Barrie.

You know that the Americans even let Quads in their State forests and on National trails? I like the thought of responsible riding, sharing the trail.

Try the Ontario Dual Sport Club and Ontario Federation of Trail Riders for trail info.

Back
Top Bottom