Tractor trailer pursuit live in Toronto | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tractor trailer pursuit live in Toronto

What do you think will happen when a semi runs over a spike strip at 100 kph?

the tires go booom, or if they have a newer spike strip it slowly deflates the tires...

whats the problem in this scenario? no one in front, other side is closed go ahead plow into the guard rail, roll or whatever the outcome is.

I heard some doofus on the news yesterday also, talking spike strip. I have a feeling the spike strip may not actually stop the truck... and it was already going slow. :)

I heard they were waiting on the union to confirm approval of over time.

You cant possibly be serious lol
How is it gonna affect traffic? The exact same way it did when after 5 hours he finally stopped, they closed down the highway, arrested him and towed the truck of the road.
How do some of you get dressed in the morning? lmao

Dude, if it were as easy as you paint it, it would've been done. You can paint the scenario as simplistic as you want, but unless you're consulting the OPP on pursuit safety, I'll take their word on this one. Especially considering the outcome on this situation. If the OPP and been more aggressive and there was a human or property cost (i.e. guardrails) people would be up in ARMS over the severity of the response.

Dude, if it were as easy as you paint it, it would've been done. You can paint the scenario as simplistic as you want, but unless you're consulting the OPP on pursuit safety, I'll take their word on this one. Especially considering the outcome on this situation. If the OPP and been more aggressive and there was a human or property cost (i.e. guardrails) people would be up in ARMS over the severity of the response.

Its one thing if you're trying to stop someone and someone gets hurt in the process, another if you sit back and do absolutely nothing for over 5 hours. It was pure luck that this turned out the way it did

One last question that no one who responded here has answered for me.
Would you stick to your opinion if at 4 hours and 45 minutes into the chase he plowed into a suv with a family, and that family was yours?

That is all...

Its one thing if you're trying to stop someone and someone gets hurt in the process, another if you sit back and do absolutely nothing for over 5 hours. It was pure luck that this turned out the way it did

So basically the OPP should do something, regardless of how risky, and regardless of the current level or risk posed by the offender.

Right.

So basically the OPP should do something, regardless of how risky, and regardless of the current level or risk posed by the offender.

Right.
No, if you read what i wrote they should do something to prevent harm to innocent bystanders.

They already closed the highway when they were arresting him, they could have easily done the same on the other side. No one would be in harms way, like i said in a previous post they could have even made a road block and then ran away like little children and watch it unfold from their iphone

No, if you read what i wrote they should do something to prevent harm to innocent bystanders.

They already closed the highway when they were arresting him, they could have easily done the same on the other side. No one would be in harms way, like i said in a previous post they could have even made a road block and then ran away like little children and watch it unfold from their iphone

I thought you were done here?

OPP should have just done the PITT maneuver. Woulda been over in 5 mins. And waaaaaay more fun to watch. :)

He was on the highway for over 5 hours with other traffic coming on and off the highway like nothing was going on. At one point the OPP actually said that its not a chase lol

This was somebody that stole a truck, then refused to stop for police. He could have killed many people at those speeds and he demonstrated that he had no regard for the law.That truck should have been stopped withing the first 10 minutes of that pursuit going on by force.
Thankfully it ended the way it did, but what if he ran down a family in a minivan? Would your opinion change then?

We pay these guys 100,000+$ a year to protect us from these sorts of people, not to stand behind a radar gun.
Seems like it was handled very poorly in my opinion.

No they did the right thing. Lets review some options..
1> Shoot at it (Rad/ tires) ok live ammo putting people at risk.
2. Spike belt (may not work)
Yea, lets have a 35,000 lb truck loose control and maybe kill some people, spill its fuel (was full so around 300 gallons) and create an environmental situation also.
Block it in.. With what? Nothing on the police force
OR let him keep driving since it was stated he was NOT driving dangerously and just follow him until he stops or becomes dangerous.
But lets be real with the cop hate here no mater what they do it would be found wrong by some.

The truck was limited to 105km/h. All the OPP had to do was go 110 in front of him. 1 guy drives, the other one opens the rear up and takes a few shots. Total cost about 10-30 dollars worth of .223 ammo, instead they drive all around the gta, to niagra and half way back with their **** tucked in their *** like a bunch of security guards.

Why so you can complain about what if they missed because they s**k at shooting or some BS excuse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4Fc8hrgTA4

This bus is less than half the weight of that truck.. Yea, lets aggravate the situation and put many people at risk. Those medians are made to stop cars not trucks.

Should the cops start shooting at everyone that steals a vehicle?

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom