Touring with a Tuono? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Touring with a Tuono?

The other common problem with Tuono/RSV4 was the TPS, not sure if they managed to fix it or not. I think mine still has that issue, abrupt power at around 5K rpm. Dealer couldn't find out the issue, it was on and off a few times.

Never heard of that being a regular issue. TPS on pretty much all bikes across all brands can be a problem. Three of my GSX-Rs have needed replacements and my 600 is presently showing 93% throttle when I open it to the stop.

Never heard of that being a regular issue. TPS on pretty much all bikes across all brands can be a problem. Three of my GSX-Rs have needed replacements and my 600 is presently showing 93% throttle when I open it to the stop.

Wasn't there a recall on the demand sensor a few years back?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have no recollection of it, if so.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?248035-Replacement-Demand-Sensor-Re-call

If you follow the issues in that forum closely you'll notice that there's a pattern which will lead you to this particular issue. Aprilia only has a small number of customers in Canada, also here we don't have strict regulation about recalls like the one in the states so it isn't surprising if most of us never heard about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah. Interesting, but apparently this was a Bosch issue. Unusual, Bosch stuff is usually pretty well thought-out and reliable.

My TPS sensor was replaced under that recall. Never had fuelling issues with mine.

Back
Top Bottom