Tory takes aim at noisy motorcycles | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tory takes aim at noisy motorcycles

Should i use 30 wt or 40 wt in my gixxer?

I've been on the forum over 15 years and this topic is always on one page or another with no signs of the gap between loud and quiet lessening. Orange bikes should be banned because orange is a loud colour.

Some words should get a post deleted just like the swear filter.
Oil..... Ban
Catholic.... Ban
Liberal.... Ban
PC..... Ban
Noise.... Ban
Cop... Ban
Etc etc etc.

Nevermind, we wouldn't have any entertainment. Oh... We could ride.

Nope. Just tired of the selfish children in the community ruining the sport for all. It's time to pay the piper. There is no reason for anyone to install loud pipes other then trying to be a noisy jerk.
I quite like the rumble from my exhaust.
As well as that of the MB C63, a Corvette and all Ferraris and Maseratis.
That is my reason for having them. Because I like it.
On the flip side, I don't feel the need to blip my throttle at all times of the night.
(With the exception of when I used to take it to work at 5 am)

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

There's already laws about motorcycle exhaust. Who is going to buy Toronto police the noise measuring equipment to enforce them? Tory once again proves he's an idiot.
This guy has always been an idiot, reason why I didn't vote for him. I wonder how many in this thread voted for him. Lets be soft on criminals but lets be aggressive on loud motorcycles, well done you clown.

The latest trend among the H-D riders in my area has been obnoxiously loud stereo systems. Can't have a loud exhaust, blast loud music instead.

Well as much as I like the sound of my bike. Which is still factory. I also respect the environment I'm riding in and what is around me at the time.
The reason these new laws/by laws seem to be coming in is because of the select few that dont care about anyone else but themselves. For example I was walking in my neighbourhood today and some sportbike racer wannabe decides to gun his bike a few feet away from a mother pushing a baby in a stroller. Scaring the **** out the mother and probably the baby also. It's moments like these that I understand why more and more people don't care about motorcycle riders.

I haven't totally gone electric as my lawn occasionally gets a bit long and it’s thick and I wonder if an electric mower could cope (my old one from years ago couldn’t) My gas strimmer has been retired though. The battery one and the battery blower are a dream to use.

I mowed my daughters lawn with our Ryobi. She had been preoccupied with other things. I was surprised it could handle it but it was at a slow walking pace.

017r.jpg

Ummm China does

..the US is spotty - some jurisdictions don't ....

China has banned ICE motorcycles in cities and is reducing coal use very rapidly plus has far and away the largest expanding solar program as well as building nukes.

or are you just trying to dodge your polluter pays bill by pointing elsewhere? :rolleyes:...

Part of the China city M/C ban is the poor image of bikes there, the 100 cc naked carrying a family of five and a crate of live chickens. It doesn't portray the image they want to cultivate.

I mowed my daughters lawn with our Ryobi. She had been preoccupied with other things. I was surprised it could handle it but it was at a slow walking pace.

View attachment 40789
All my tools are Ryobi, so would love to eventually get their yard line as well....one+ battery system.
But the mower is so narrow. I'll probably end up with Greenworks.

Well as much as I like the sound of my bike. Which is still factory. I also respect the environment I'm riding in and what is around me at the time.
The reason these new laws/by laws seem to be coming in is because of the select few that dont care about anyone else but themselves. For example I was walking in my neighbourhood today and some sportbike racer wannabe decides to gun his bike a few feet away from a mother pushing a baby in a stroller. Scaring the **** out the mother and probably the baby also. It's moments like these that I understand why more and more people don't care about motorcycle riders.

True freedom means not taking away the freedom of others. Noise and to a degree smell are difficult. If someone has an ugly car, don't look at it. Don't keep staring at it and burning it into your brain. If the car is a mile away you can't see it. You can't see it at night unless you make an effort to shine a flashlight on it. Your choice.

Sound is different. You can't un-hear noise, turn off your ears.

A loud bike can disturb tens of thousand of people FOR NO PURPOSE other than to feed the fetish of the owner. Noisy trucks build our houses and deliver our food. Loud aircraft (They're getting bigger and quieter BTW) enable us to connect with other cultures and do business further than a buggy ride away. Race bikes at tracks provide recreation and entertainment.

Noise for the sake of noise is BS.

All my tools are Ryobi, so would love to eventually get their yard line as well....one+ battery system.
But the mower is so narrow. I'll probably end up with Greenworks.

They (Ryobi) do have a wider one but I didn't think it made enough difference for me in mow time and the 40 volt package I got had some other stuff I wanted.

Let's stop eating steaks because baby can accidentally choke on them. Our lives now have to change because of a mom pushing a baby in the stroller? What's next? Let's all live in safety bubbles and make no moves at all, that way everyone and everything will be safe and sound and not bothered by anything or anyone.

******* nanny state morons, so many in this country.

Last edited:
That's not what I was trying to say. I believe in having our freedom to ride what we like where and when also. But I also believe we have a responsibility or at the very least some common sense to not be selfish. If you want ride an extremely loud bike that serves no reason than hey look at me. All the power to you. But what are you trying to prove by infringing on someone else's right to enjoy a simple walk out with their kid. The rider could of easily cruised by and then gunned his bike after a reasonable distance away. He would of got his thrills listening to the bike while at the same time not scarring the **** out of anyone. My point is that the few inconsiderate riders are running it for the rest of us. They are ones that are providing the reasons for these laws that start to take away our rights. And no I'm not a nanny state moron you so pointed out.

That's not what I was trying to say. I believe in having our freedom to ride what we like where and when also. But I also believe we have a responsibility or at the very least some common sense to not be selfish. If you want ride an extremely loud bike that serves no reason than may look at me. All the power to you. But what are you trying to prove by infringing on someone else's right to enjoy a simple walk out with their. I rider could of easily cruised by and then gunned his bike after a reasonable distance away. He would got his thrills listening to the bike while at the same time not scarring the **** out of anyone. My point is that the few inconsiderate riders are running it for the rest of us. They are ones that are providing the reasons for these laws that start to take away our rights.

Mate, you're wasting your time trying to get through to misanthropes and r-soles.

We all have to make the conscious decision to either be part of the problem, or part of the solution.

... or be like that guy in the hoodie and just say !@#$it all

That's not what I was trying to say. I believe in having our freedom to ride what we like where and when also. But I also believe we have a responsibility or at the very least some common sense to not be selfish. If you want ride an extremely loud bike that serves no reason than hey look at me. All the power to you. But what are you trying to prove by infringing on someone else's right to enjoy a simple walk out with their kid. The rider could of easily cruised by and then gunned his bike after a reasonable distance away. He would of got his thrills listening to the bike while at the same time not scarring the **** out of anyone. My point is that the few inconsiderate riders are running it for the rest of us. They are ones that are providing the reasons for these laws that start to take away our rights. And no I'm not a nanny state moron you so pointed out.

Fair enough, I understand your point. I have a loud bike too, but unlike the rider revving the **** out of his bike while passing a baby in the stroller, I am always considerate and never rev my bike hard while in residential areas, and always upshift and keep it in higher gear and lower rpm range in order to be more quiet while riding in those types of neighbourhoods, because I am not a selfish *******.
I love a loud bike I can hear and why should riders like myself be punished for something an inconsiderate ******* might do? It shouldn't be an accepted norm that actions of the few should dictate how the rest of us should live. If you want to crack down on loud bikes, don't do it, crack down on CLOWNS with loud bikes instead and punish them, and leave the rest of us alone.

Never take away freedom from everyone because of the few bad apples, chase them down and punish them and them alone.

Agreed with your last point.

The problem now is with these laws coming in and the politically correct reasons behind them.We may end up with enforcement that doesn't take into account the type of rider and instead puts us all in the same group. As you noted you have a loud bike but you choose the right time and place. Instead now the police will have more of a reason to pull us over to check our bikes even though you may not have been doing anything wrong at the time. All thanks to that that type of rider I saw the other day.

Fair enough, I understand your point. I have a loud bike too, but unlike the rider revving the **** out of his bike while passing a baby in the stroller, I am always considerate and never rev my bike hard while in residential areas, and always upshift and keep it in higher gear and lower rpm range in order to be more quiet while riding in those types of neighbourhoods, because I am not a selfish *******.
I love a loud bike I can hear and why should riders like myself be punished for something an inconsiderate ******* might do? It shouldn't be an accepted norm that actions of the few should dictate how the rest of us should live. If you want to crack down on loud bikes, don't do it, crack down on CLOWNS with loud bikes instead and punish them, and leave the rest of us alone.

Never take away freedom from everyone because of the few bad apples, chase them down and punish them and them alone.
Well that's why we have laws. Not cause everyone's a degenerate, inconsiderate ******** (although it's close to that). But because a select few push the envelope and can't live with other people while keeping them safe or without impeding on their freedom and liberties.

Some words should get a post deleted just like the swear filter.
Oil..... Ban
Catholic.... Ban
Liberal.... Ban
PC..... Ban
Noise.... Ban
Cop... Ban
Etc etc etc.

Nevermind, we wouldn't have any entertainment. Oh... We could ride.
You forgot insurance.....

Back
Top Bottom