Toronto to waste +6 Mill Renaming Dundas street. | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Toronto to waste +6 Mill Renaming Dundas street.

Judging 19th century person by 21st century standards is... dumb. I bet 80% people active prior 1920 who got streets named after them are total ******** by modern standards.
That's how they became famous enough to get streets named after them. If I'm willing to use slaves and kill people to get ahead and you're not, guess who has more money and is more powerful?

That's how they became famous enough to get streets named after them. If I'm willing to use slaves and kill people to get ahead and you're not, guess who has more money and is more powerful?

I can't tell if you're saying this sarcastically or not because it can be seen both ways; might is right. Always has been and always will be.

I can't tell if you're saying this sarcastically or not because it can be seen both ways; might is right. Always has been and always will be.

I'm not sure if it was sarcasm or not either. It's not wrong. We are spending millions to rename old streets while continuing to name new streets after current (or recently dead) rich/powerful people. Guess what happens not that far in the future? By continuing the same process, gov't proves it is incompetent. Before you spend a cent renaming anything, immediately prohibit all new street names from being peoples names or you are left with an infinite amount of waste. Stick with trees/bugs/numbers/etc that people have trouble being offended by.

Stick with trees/bugs/numbers/etc that people have trouble being offended by.
People can be offended with literally anything.

Maple St. - oh, it's a symbol of government oppression! I'm offended!
Poplar St. - oh, I'm offended that they named my street after some dumba** tree that sh1ts with white sh1t and not after our national maple tree!

Is Jarvis Street next?

There will never be an end to this waste of money. There needs to be real leadership to end this madness. Either erase all street names and go with numbers (I think this was a stupid idea for TTC but they did it anyway) or stop renaming streets and place a plaque that tells the story.

Went on Wikipedia to dig some dirt on Mother Teresa, and, to no surprise, some Canadians are already offended:5C28FA1E-296D-416A-812E-93BC2940FE76.jpeg

I'm offended if Ms. Teresa doesn't offend you
... she was a piece of work....

I hate it when I make a sarcastic post and someone that doesn't understand sarcasm has to comment and ruin it.

I don't want to do a thread hijack (mods feel free to delete) but there are only 10 corporations in the world that control everything you eat and its all laced with sugar and HFCS with the fiber removed so it can sit on a shelf for years. I think you have every right to be angry at these companies

53bab7306bb3f7d3244b9954
I’m not angry with any of them. 8 years ago I decided to eat only real foods, no meals, sides or snacks prepared in a factory. While you can’t completely avoid factory food (I don’t milk my own cows, make my own ice cream, peanut butter or ketchup.)

It was pretty easy, cooking isn’t that hard.

I read somewhere that Queen Victoria wasn't a good mother example. Erase Victoria from the acceptable street names.

A John is the customer of a prostitute. Rename John Street. We wouldn't want to sully the neighbourhood.

Any Saint street would have to be clarified as to the relationship with the Catholic church. Rename St. Clair Ave.

Who was Yonge?

The Duke of Wellington was a war monger and probably not a vegan. Screw him.

If we're going to have a witch hunt, burn them all.
Let’s just number streets. When I was a kid, Markham had numbers for all highways, avenues and concessions - easy and should only offend the superstitious.

Let’s just number streets. When I was a kid, Markham had numbers for all highways, avenues and concessions - easy and should only offend the superstitious.
Say goodbye to Roncesvale Village, Blood west village, Kensington Market, Yonge Dundas Square etc etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom