To be masked or not to be masked | Page 29 | GTAMotorcycle.com

To be masked or not to be masked

Here we go again! Really guys? Thread lock again?
Where do we draw the line at acceptable behavior, No one's going to tell me what to do.

Does that mean obeying speed limits and to what degree. Is 101 KPH a crime?

How about running stop signs, red lights, could you have stopped for that amber?

Maybe it's "No one's going to tell me I need insurance or a plate. A driver's licence infringes on my rights."

People have become touchy on being criticized. In traffic, pointing out an obvious error gets a middle finger.

I can to some degree understand anti-vax. What is this stuff that I don't understand and it's being injected into my body?

The mask part, unless you have COPD is an adjustment issue like seat belts were, like PPE on job-sites, like smoke detectors etc.

The question to me is "What if you're wrong?"

If taking a cautious position is wrong there is no damage to fix, no extra dead bodies.

If one takes a less cautious position and damages do occur how do the less cautious intend to pay for the damages they caused?

I do wear a mask and it's not just for me but you don't seem to get that.
You are quite happy to criticize horrid drivers but not so happy when it comes back your way.
Rights are granted and come with responsibility.

Such a big ask to wear mask in crowded venues?
You are told to going to a doctor, hospital or dentist.
Wonder why that is? :rolleyes:

Yes I'm tired of masking but it is what it is. Just recall the "soci" in society.
There is a collective responsiblity to protect the vulnerable.

I do wear a mask and it's not just for me but you don't seem to get that.
You are quite happy to criticize horrid drivers but not so happy when it comes back your way.
Rights are granted and come with responsibility.

Such a big ask to wear mask in crowded venues?
You are told to going to a doctor, hospital or dentist.
Wonder why that is? :rolleyes:

Yes I'm tired of masking but it is what it is. Just recall the "soci" in society.
The message will get there without telling people to "just put the damn mask on".

Where do we draw the line at acceptable behavior, No one's going to tell me what to do.

Does that mean obeying speed limits and to what degree. Is 101 KPH a crime?

How about running stop signs, red lights, could you have stopped for that amber?

Maybe it's "No one's going to tell me I need insurance or a plate. A driver's licence infringes on my rights."

People have become touchy on being criticized. In traffic, pointing out an obvious error gets a middle finger.

I can to some degree understand anti-vax. What is this stuff that I don't understand and it's being injected into my body?

The mask part, unless you have COPD is an adjustment issue like seat belts were, like PPE on job-sites, like smoke detectors etc.

The question to me is "What if you're wrong?"

If taking a cautious position is wrong there is no damage to fix, no extra dead bodies.

If one takes a less cautious position and damages do occur how do the less cautious intend to pay for the damages they caused?
Covid recently hit an area, on the job site, where I frequently have to work. I religiously wear a mask at work. I'm fine. Most of the people in that area were out for a week or more. Not sure that they're all even back yet. I'm lining up Vax #4 and will keep wearing a mask.

From what information are we basing whether we mask up or not? How do you get from optional to recommended to mandatory? What are we falsely attributing those on the flip side of masking? People in favour of optional masking might believe the mandatory policy does not care about their own individual experience or rights. And vice versa, people in favour of mandatory masking believe the "other side" do not care about society at large. Both believing the facts are on their side.

I now feel kind of bad going unmasked. I see others wearing a mask FOR ME but I'm not doing them the same curtesy. Probably be back to wearing it gain shortly.

There ya go ...and again really only in crowded areas but also helps with flu and this other virus hitting kids
Not many deaths but so disruptive to the healthcare system....

....bloody version of covid out now is so infectious ..more so than measles and there used to be quarantine for measles.
If you were able to receive the vaccine within 72 hours after first exposure to someone with measles, you might not need to be quarantined. However, if you receive the vaccine after 72 hours, you will need to be quarantined for 21 days.

It's hard seeing a whole wide body full of unmasked passengers but at least the filtration system in planes is highly effective..
Was not fun wearing a mask during 30 hours of travel....but there were others.

From what information are we basing whether we mask up or not? How do you get from optional to recommended to mandatory? What are we falsely attributing those on the flip side of masking? People in favour of optional masking might believe the mandatory policy does not care about their own individual experience or rights. And vice versa, people in favour of mandatory masking believe the "other side" do not care about society at large. Both believing the facts are on their side.
Anyone that thought they had the right to infect someone else would get blown out of court in any sane jurisdiction. The problem is proving 100% that the protection is valid and also viable. By viable, it means that if 100% of the population 100% isolated for a couple of months covid would disappear. That means no food deliveries, fire departments, criminals stay home so police can as well, doctors stay home and people die of appendicitis, heart failure etc. 100% lockdown can't happen.

Unlike a mathematic equation, if you can prove it wrong in one case in a million the equation is invalid. With medical events there are so many variables that we have to accept trends, averages and projections. We all have to accept hare brained theories.

For me, I go back to doing the least harm.

Covid recently hit an area, on the job site, where I frequently have to work. I religiously wear a mask at work. I'm fine. Most of the people in that area were out for a week or more. Not sure that they're all even back yet. I'm lining up Vax #4 and will keep wearing a mask.
Ryerson? Sorry, MTU. My niece is there.

Nature of the Beast for people to want to tell others what to do, to have hidden agenda's that benefit them and their in crowd.
For influencers to sway the herd. It started when we were kids and moves onward into so called adult hood.
In fact socially we never left high school and these so called experts are only what they are because society gave them a title.
Any or all of these people are guessing at what's best. No one will ever know for sure (test results are not fact)
Be a strong individual and do what you think is in your own best interests, based on your own situation.
Remember its a so called FREE country and no one has the right to F#$$ with your life but you.
Be healthy in your own mind and body and you wont have to worry about the issues.
Society has become 10 ply and its sickening to watch all the BS that goes on.
What if you’re too dumb to comprehend what you’re actually being told by people who:

a) aren’t dumb
b) spent their entire career working on these matters to become experts in the field

Is it then still in your best interest to follow “feelings” if they run contrary to advice from those outlined above?

Asking for a friend.

Also…what if you’re too dumb to realize that you’re actually dumb when it comes to these matters? Matters, incidentally, that also impact health and healthcare access by the majority.

If it wasn’t apparent from the last two years then it should be apparent now that as a species we are ******!

What if you’re too dumb to comprehend what you’re actually being told by people who:

a) aren’t dumb
b) spent their entire career working on these matters to become experts in the field

Is it then still in your best interest to follow “feelings” if they run contrary to advice from those outlined above?

Asking for a friend.

Also…what if you’re too dumb to realize that you’re actually dumb when it comes to these matters? Matters, incidentally, that also impact health and healthcare access by the majority.

If it wasn’t apparent from the last two years then it should be apparent now that as a species we are ******!
These people have previously advised us to wear masks when out in parks.
Last week the advice was to not wear masks in the cancer radiation waiting room, if you bought a coffee/muffin from the Tim's there.
Wear a mask where it seems appropriate, don't where it isn't. Wear two if you want. Stop calling people stupid.

p.s. Treat them as hazardous waste when you're done with them, and dispose of them properly. Don't dump them out your car door. Stay home when you're sick, and please refrain from polluting the planet with piles and piles of masks, that have a liability warning on the box saying they do not prevent covid.

Going in for my shots tomorrow and the next day.

Last edited:
These people have previously advised us to wear masks when out in parks.
Last week the advice was to not wear masks in the cancer radiation waiting room, if you bought a coffee/muffin from the Tim's there.
Wear a mask where it seems appropriate, don't where it isn't. Wear two if you want. Stop calling people stupid.

p.s. Treat them as hazardous waste when you're done with them, and dispose of them properly. Don't dump them out your car door. Stay home when you're sick, and please refrain from polluting the planet with piles and piles of masks, that have a liability warning on the box saying they do not prevent covid.

When the infectious disease doctors are wearing masks at the hospital in indoor settings when not seeing patients I tend to think maybe they know better than me. When the doctors looking after kids in hospitals are doing the same I tend to think maybe they know better than me. When people that study viruses are doing the same I tend to think maybe they know better than me.

You do you though but be honest, in any other scenario where you see a person going against expert advice even in the face of demonstable facts, don’t you mutter to yourself “boy, they must be a bit stupid”.

When the infectious disease doctors are wearing masks at the hospital in indoor settings when not seeing patients I tend to think maybe they know better than me. When the doctors looking after kids in hospitals are doing the same I tend to think maybe they know better than me. When people that study viruses are doing the same I tend to think maybe they know better than me.

You do you though but be honest, in any other scenario where you see a person going against expert advice even in the face of demonstable facts, don’t you mutter to yourself “boy, they must be a bit stupid”.
When one of the patients in a wheelchair is wearing a face shield instead of a mask and coughing up a lung in the vicinity of masked people waiting on cancer treatments, and no "expert", sitting there maskless sipping on a coffee, says a word, then I think we should be thoughtful.

When one of the patients in a wheelchair is wearing a face shield instead of a mask and coughing up a lung in the vicinity of masked people waiting on cancer treatments, and no "expert", sitting there maskless sipping on a coffee, says a word, then I think we should be thoughtful.

**** thoughtful…the patient in the wheelchair is stupid.

One wonders if the cavalier approach might change if it was ebola instead of covid. :coffee:

This figure describes how people who wore a face covering were less likely to test positive than people who didn’t wear one.

a good summary of how masks help both the wearer and the public
SARS-CoV-2 infection is transmitted predominantly by inhalation of respiratory droplets generated when people cough, sneeze, sing, talk, or breathe. CDC recommends community use of masks to prevent transmission of SARS-CoV-2. Masks are primarily intended to reduce the emission of virus-laden droplets by the wearer (“source control”), which is especially relevant for asymptomatic or presymptomatic infected wearers who feel well and may be unaware of their infectiousness to others (estimated to account for more than 50% of SARS-CoV-2 transmissions).1, 2 Masks also help reduce inhalation of these droplets by the wearer (“filtration for wearer protection”). The community benefit of masking for SARS-CoV-2 control is due to the combination of these two effects (source control and filtration for wearer protection); individual prevention benefit increases with increasing numbers of people using masks consistently and correctly.

Masking advice changed over the history of the pandemic as more was learned and the virus itself changed into a far more infectious version.
COVID was relatively deadly, but not ultra-transmissible when it burst onto the global scene in late 2019 and early 2020. These days, the reverse is true. It's neck and neck with measles in the competition for title of most infectious disease known to man, thanks to the Omicron BA.4 and BA.5 subvariants and evolution.

Last edited:

a) aren’t dumb
c) get exposed on video ignoring their own advice two days later.
d) backtrack on their advice the next day quantifying why they didn't follow their own advice

FTFY

This is your personal view. It is not a law or right. I do not except responsibility.

Back
Top Bottom