Thoughts on CB500F? | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Thoughts on CB500F?

I just use the quote function on riders plus website, it's accurate, well at least in my case it is. When I called to confirm with them it was actually a bit better than online with a lower deductible.

These insurance prices are ridiculous!
Why'd they even have to mandate annual premiums baffles me.

Sorry OP - hope you've at-least contacted 10 different providers for quotations.

I just use the quote function on riders plus website, it's accurate, well at least in my case it is. When I called to confirm with them it was actually a bit better than online with a lower deductible.

Just get an error message from them... Can't submit the online quote.

... Edit: Can you link me to "that guy who has been spamming us and saying he can get you great service and a great rate."?
His user name was ChaseStuntz but it looks like his account has since been terminated.

These insurance prices are ridiculous!
Why'd they even have to mandate annual premiums baffles me.

Sorry OP - hope you've at-least contacted 10 different providers for quotations.

Just starting now. Riders didn't allow me to quote online. M&W gave me a stupid number - told me to call back in Jan and see if they can get me a better rate with Echelon.

My current plan (edit: the CBR125r) is DT with Echelon - they gave me a hard time for even asking for a quote. Will have to bust their balls about it again. Just not in the mood to argue with people over the phone for even simply asking for a quote, so I didn't bother with them again. My usual rep passed me to some woman who was extremely unhelpful and soured my opinion of DT quite a bit. Told me it's pointless to get a quote now if I am not buying a bike right now... Obviously quotes can change after the 30 day guarantee - but I find it extremely hard to believe the change would be substantial enough to make it matter in the slightest to me two months down the line.

Just starting now. Riders didn't allow me to quote online. M&W gave me a stupid number - told me to call back in Jan and see if they can get me a better rate with Echelon.

My current plan (edit: the CBR125r) is DT with Echelon - they gave me a hard time for even asking for a quote. Will have to bust their balls about it again. Just not in the mood to argue with people over the phone for even simply asking for a quote, so I didn't bother with them again. My usual rep passed me to some woman who was extremely unhelpful and soured my opinion of DT quite a bit. Told me it's pointless to get a quote now if I am not buying a bike right now... Obviously quotes can change after the 30 day guarantee - but I find it extremely hard to believe the change would be substantial enough to make it matter in the slightest to me two months down the line.
Sounds like you aren't asking the right people, I wouldn't give anyone who spoke to me like that my business. I would call riders plus, I found them to be great people to speak with, very helpful and accommodating. If you have car or home insurance ask that broker for a reference.
Just get an error message from them... Can't submit the online quote.
I got the same error message when I tried to get a quote for a supersport lol...if you don't qualify based on your details inputted it won't give a quote. When I called to confirm the quote on my VFR800 I asked about the zx10r quote and he politely giggled and told me that I need more experience for a bike like that. Having said that, not sure why you wouldn't qualify for a small bike like that...

Sounds like you aren't asking the right people, I wouldn't give anyone who spoke to me like that my business. I would call riders plus, I found them to be great people to speak with, very helpful and accommodating. If you have car or home insurance ask that broker for a reference. I got the same error message when I tried to get a quote for a supersport lol...if you don't qualify based on your details inputted it won't give a quote. When I called to confirm the quote on my VFR800 I asked about the zx10r quote and he politely giggled and told me that I need more experience for a bike like that. Having said that, not sure why you wouldn't qualify for a small bike like that...

Yeah. I suspect its a glitch because I have an M2 and am currently insured, but "1 year" or "0 years" are all the options they have, and I am technically neither - so it might error out their system. Can't choose 1 year, but 0 years implies I never had insurance...

Of all the things to deal with in this sport that are positive - I think insurance is almost bad enough to make the rest of it not worth it. I totally get why so few young people ride when this is the red tape we have to go through. Meanwhile 20y/o broman can get a BRZ or mustang seemingly without any insurance hassle.

Edit: I am also actually on the hunt for rental insurance so I'd likely bundle that if it saves me money.

Ahh, I understand now...try adjusting your license/insurance dates to make it 1 year...at least you can get a ballpark and then when you call in to verify give them the right info and they can adjust it accordingly.
Yeah. I suspect its a glitch because I have an M2 and am currently insured, but "1 year" or "0 years" are all the options they have, and I am technically neither - so it might error out their system. Can't choose 1 year, but 0 years implies I never had insurance...

Of all the things to deal with in this sport that are positive - I think insurance is almost bad enough to make the rest of it not worth it. I totally get why so few young people ride when this is the red tape we have to go through. Meanwhile 20y/o broman can get a BRZ or mustang seemingly without any insurance hassle.

Edit: I am also actually on the hunt for rental insurance so I'd likely bundle that if it saves me money.

Ahh, I understand now...try adjusting your license/insurance dates to make it 1 year...at least you can get a ballpark and then when you call in to verify give them the right info and they can adjust it accordingly.
Damn, still get the error message... Something must be up with their site.

Damn, still get the error message... Something must be up with their site.
Worked for me, my quote on a CB300 was 540$ per year :| but you probably didn't want to hear that.
... 412$ if I deduct the collision and comprehensive options.

Worked for me, my quote on a CB300 was 540$ per year :| but you probably didn't want to hear that.
... 412$ if I deduct the collision and comprehensive options.

Jealously is an understatement for my feelings about that LOL!

Still way too damn much for me to want to run out and buy one :|

I sat in front of my fireplace one day and burned old insurance receipts, for a while I was burning them one at a time and adding up how much I have donated those guys over the decades, but once it exceeded the cost of a real nice house, I chucked the whole stack of paper in because it was too depressing to contemplate. That's what you have to look forward to :|

Seems high. First year on my R3 - age 23, M2 + MSF course, full comprehensive coverage was $2150/yr with Echelon.

Seems high. First year on my R3 - age 23, M2 + MSF course, full comprehensive coverage was $2150/yr with Echelon.

Thats what I pay for my 125 roughly. I remember a 250 being marginally more a year as well. I think they may have pulled that number out of their *** to get me off the phone since I wasn't immediately trying to get coverage.

I hope I live long enough to feel that way about $400 insurance :)
Won't take long. My son hit the high $400s this year on a 250. He got his M2 4 years ago, he just turned 25 and has a clean record.

Try a direct insurance writer - -Desjardins, TD or Cooperators. I have seen some new riders get pretty good rates if they bring auto or home insurance along. My kid uses Desjardins.

Won't take long. My son hit the high $400s this year on a 250. He got his M2 4 years ago, he just turned 25 and has a clean record.

Try a direct insurance writer - -Desjardins, TD or Cooperators. I have seen some new riders get pretty good rates if they bring auto or home insurance along. My kid uses Desjardins.

Three years to go! ?

Will try those out. Just emailed DT to see if they will reconsider their stance and just give me a damn quote, also emailed Riders Plus, and will try to call them + all the ones you mentioned on my days off next week.

Really hard for me to get quotes without calling since I can't do that at work, and there are few things I hate more than spending time on the phone communicating information that is much easier to convey and receive in an email ?.

Would this one be of interest? Seen today at GP Bikes. Has some aftermarket bling and a fender eliminator. Almost brand new.

c71256ae0c59d0602be0f87bb7ae2a36.jpg

2060ebb92cbbbf678a03912514e36295.jpg

0ad276e118d5f9b3242e08fa0aac9c4e.jpg

The salesman also mentioned a couple of young M2 riders getting favourable insurance rates at the Co-operators. Give 'em a call.

Back
Top Bottom