These Conservatives | GTAMotorcycle.com

These Conservatives

nakkers

Site Supporter
We’ve got a thread bashing the current government and there is some back and forth on some opposing views.

Let’s sling some mud at the next possible federal representatives if there is an election.

I understand why the conservatives haven’t released a platform. However, the cynical side of me still wonders if they will do any better of a job than the current government? Harper certainly wasn’t loved when shown the exit. Can PP do a better job?

Personally, I welcome opposing points of view and form a different opinion from that input. I lean right at times but, also appreciate having access to health care as an example.

Alberta’s premier seems to have a better demeanour towards media questions than PP IMO. From social circles I run with, they can’t stand the guy and would rather vote Trudeau over PP. These are mainly retired people with grand children and financial secure. I find that surprising and have asked them why they would continue to support Trudeau. They just can stand the guy.

By PP do you mean @PrivatePilot .
I think he would do a great job.
I'm sure he would ride his bike instead of flying a jet all over the country. Imagine how much savings are in that alone.

By PP do you mean @PrivatePilot .
I think he would do a great job.
I'm sure he would ride his bike instead of flying a jet all over the country. Imagine how much savings are in that alone.

Can't chat. Ironbutting to the UK for trade talks. Be back next week.

I don't expect much to change. Same bullcrap, different colour, nothing else.

I think anyone expecting PP to address the current housing / inflation / immigration crisis is fooling themselves. It won't change, hell it could potentially get much worse.

Got a crystal ball?

Dofo was to be the knight in shrink fit armour. He may have drained the swamp but that was so his buddies could build on it. Yet we don’t want Wynne back.

I see Poilievre as an opening act on my YouTube algorithm, wishing a boring fact bearing non weasel would step in as the main course.

It would be heaven if Poilievre became another Zelenskyy and morphed from comedian to leader upon election and kicked butt

I know one Liberal die hard and it makes me see the Liberal Party as a cult. While the powers of our prime minister give him the appearance of the next Hitler I’ve come to realize JT is more like Hirohito, the God King puppet of Japanese military fanatics

It appears that an election today would result in a Conservative landslide that would suffer from erosion as the expectations of PP pulling an endless stream of solutions out of a hat fail to arise.

I’m 50 / 50 on him maintaining enough momentum to get a second majority.

That could mean he has to get into bed with the New Delegation of Prostitutes that let pretty boy blow through billions of dollars to be able to say they got a few people pharma and dental care worth a few millions

We need to vet voters. Give every one of them a sheet of paper and a pencil.

The paper is divided in two vertically. On one side the potential voter writes down what they want. On the other side they explain where the money is supposed to come from. “Somewhere” isn’t an acceptable answer.

The test is marked by the people named on the second side.

I don't see the Conservative's level of blatant corruption being as bad, let alone worse than the figurative gang rape the LIbErals are forcing on us now.

My take is that the succeeding government will have to either, continue down the current destructive path, or start swallowing the many poison pills set up by the current government. That will take an entire mandate.

Well this thread took longer then I thought to get started.

I think Pierre is fine, I don't like or dislike him. Pretty much the same way I view every politician, I don't trust you for a second behind the smile and words. I don't think he can do worse than JT in terms of becoming a global embarrassment.

Because that doesn't matter to me then I'll as usual revert to "Which party policy has MY interests at heart. Which party will make MY family situation better or at least not worse."

The rest (imo) is noise.

I have a hard time taking anyone seriously if they just use tactics out of the Trump playbook.

If Trudeau is about as useful as a fart in a spacesuit then PP just reminds me of PT Barnum. Running a circus for the easily manipulated using trigger words.

The thing with farts is that the smell will eventually go.

You blame Trudeau for identity politics but give PP a pass for the exact same thing?

I’d like to think they are as bad as each other but whereas Trudeau is just an image conscious dilettante I see PP as genuinely harmful.

I think anyone expecting PP to address the current housing / inflation / immigration crisis is fooling themselves. It won't change, hell it could potentially get much worse.
Could not have said it better myself.
Anyone expecting someone else to save them, is a moron.

Same, but.. but at least PP comes across as knowing what he is talking about, he does have the appearance of doing research of the topics he is speaking about, as he quite often references things he's looked into, and for someone not previously in drama, he can zing out his speaking points without tripping over himself or say forgetting what a straw is. That's gotta help give some credibility to our leadership.

Same, but.. but at least PP comes across as knowing what he is talking about, he does have the appearance of doing research of the topics he is speaking about, as he quite often references things he's looked into, and for someone not previously in drama, he can zing out his speaking points without tripping over himself or say forgetting what a straw is. That's gotta help give some credibility to our leadership.
My issue is that, just like JT, there’s not much real world experience. PP is literally a career politician and has only worked in politics since early days of his career.

Groomed to be a politician, knows how to talk, knows how the system works. To me that makes him very dangerous.

Groomed to be a politician, knows how to talk, knows how the system works. To me that makes him very dangerous.
That sword cuts both ways. Blah blah something glass half full/half empty.

Back
Top Bottom