The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 253 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Not a motorcycle, but a trailer for towing motorcycles

It seems like there aren't a lot of these circulating in Ontario. I think $2500 is a good price, considering what people will ask for a rusty Stinger

It seems like there aren't a lot of these circulating in Ontario. I think $2500 is a good price, considering what people will ask for a rusty Stinger

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't really get these trailers, myself. They look well made, but take up the same footprint as a folding utility trailer (when folded) and don't weigh much less. A 5x8 utility trailer can take two bikes (assuming the right mounts are added), can do double duty for load hauling, and is cheaper.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't really get these trailers, myself. They look well made, but take up the same footprint as a folding utility trailer (when folded) and don't weigh much less. A 5x8 utility trailer can take two bikes (assuming the right mounts are added), can do double duty for load hauling, and is cheaper.
This one looks much better behind your BMW. BMW folks don't associate with utility trailer folks.

• Haha
Reactions: TK4
Correct, the fold up feature is a waste.
You can just buy the one with the 4x4 square frame and bolt a 2x10 on it with a little plywood on each side. Still costs about 800 bucks plus hitch plates and some lumber. Trailer parts supply places sell all the stuff you need to build one or keep it in service, some of the stuff is amazing cheap.

... the one in the picture above has nice big wheels, those are a nice upgrade.

Geez guys. I was 99% sure I was going to immediately get someone telling me that it was over market price, not that it is pointless. Though I don't really get the complaint that when folded, it doesn't take up less space than another trailer that also folds.

The last time I looked into the folding utility trailer it seemed like there were issues, then they disappeared from the market for a while. Now it looks like they're back again, and I guess it would work? Do you guys weld on better tie down points, or do you just use those stamped metal brackets?

Correct, the fold up feature is a waste.
You can just buy the one with the 4x4 square frame and bolt a 2x10 on it with a little plywood on each side. Still costs about 800 bucks plus hitch plates and some lumber. Trailer parts supply places sell all the stuff you need to build one or keep it in service, some of the stuff is amazing cheap.

... the one in the picture above has nice big wheels, those are a nice upgrade.
I have a standard utility trailer that I actually wish folded up, as it takes almost a full spot in my driveway where space is at a premium. A folding unit on wheels would give me a lot more flexibility for storage.

If I were to do it again, I'd get the cheapo flat-pack 5x8 trailer from Costco, bolt on a plywood deck and bolt together some 2x4 sides. All-in would likely be about $1,100 with hardware.

Geez guys. I was 99% sure I was going to immediately get someone telling me that it was over market price, not that it is pointless. Though I don't really get the complaint that when folded, it doesn't take up less space than another trailer that also folds.

The last time I looked into the folding utility trailer it seemed like there were issues, then they disappeared from the market for a while. Now it looks like they're back again, and I guess it would work? Do you guys weld on better tie down points, or do you just use those stamped metal brackets?

I don't necessarily think it's pointless, per se, just that a utility trailer has more points!

When folded, the footprint is still the width of the axle plus wheels by the diameter of the tires. A folding utility trailer has a very marginally larger footprint, but not by much. Yes, it'll take more space in the air, but it's not like you can use that space anyway...

As for tie-downs, my utility trailer has 2x8 decking, so I just used a through-bolt tie-down points like this:

1605735779700.png

With a decent washer underneath, there's no way it's letting go. Just need to keep an eye on the wood for rot...

If it means you are going to buy a competition dirt bike to put on it I think it's awesome and you should buy it :cool:

The type of trailer that is best suited usually depends on what else you can use it for. The one bike only trailers are very short, which can make them more difficult to back up and more prone to sway. None of them seem to have shock absorbers :/ so if you can bolt a bike in place on it mostly by the front wheel and still have some suspension travel left, that can be a bonus. Whatever you do put more tie downs on it then you need, it sucks to have one fall over or off a trailer. Seen that happen to Norms old Bultaco on the 401, good thing it was a trials bike or it wouldn't have survived.

Not my cup of tea bit a nice little 650 Cruiser for someone. Its dirt cheap.

Please view this ad:

Must go separated and moving ,

Price: $ 1,200

Download the application from the Google Play Store.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
2929390f719e8a608c26977e19377d93.jpg

Stingers are $2000 brand new. Trailer in a Bag (also sold by Stinger now) is $1500 and is the best option for saving space.

I think the asking price is a little high, but find a cleaner example...

Please view this ad:

★ 1985 Honda VF500F Interceptor ★,

Price: $ 2,750

@ifiddles here's one for you. Low km and a reasonable asking price.

Please view this ad:

2001 Yamaha TW200,

Price: $ 2,600

I want...

Please view this ad:

Yamaha Sr500,

Price: $ 4,500

I want...

Please view this ad:

Yamaha Sr500,

Gonezoooo

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

I think the asking price is a little high, but find a cleaner example...

Please view this ad:

★ 1985 Honda VF500F Interceptor ★,

Price: $ 2,750

I would buy this for that price or $2500. Too many expenses coming down the pipe in the next couple months, but I love this bike.

Gonezoooo

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
Actually the link still goes through to the ad on kijiji.

Please view this ad:

Yamaha Sr500,

I would buy this for that price or $2500. Too many expenses coming down the pipe in the next couple months, but I love this bike.
The colour scheme on those interceptors was/is phenomenal.

Back
Top Bottom