The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 245 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Good deal on a nice learner bike.

Please view this ad:

2002SuzukiSavage,

Price: $ 1,500

Download the application from the Google Play Store.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Decent price, nice corbin seats and new tires

Please view this ad:

2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650,

Price: $ 2,200

Good deal on a nice learner bike.

Please view this ad:

2002SuzukiSavage,

Price: $ 1,500

That's a good price, looks cleaner than most I see posted for more than double. Would make a great base for a ryca kit.

^ that ninja 650R is a good deal, looks nice

throw a set of panniers on it and have good light tourer for under 3 grand

not 100% sure if this a deal or not, looks good to me, can probably offer $2500, comes with full Ohlins and Marzocchi suspension

I'm always leery when <$40 in parts would remove a 'cons' mention at all.

That was my first few thoughts as well. There seem to be a number of easy and cheap fixes that are required. I would be shocked if the speedo issue was actually the magnet. It's a cool bike though. I didn't know they made SM that small.

EDIT:
PS. Your sig quote is funny, but it's getting pretty old.

Good points. I'm not sure if its an SM from factory, the excel rims look aftermarket, maybe that's why the speedo was changed to correct the reading for smaller wheels. Not sure what would have happened to the dirt wheels

Not sure if it was OEM sumo from the factory but its possible, Suzuki uses Excel wheels as the oem brand for their sm.

Last edited:
That was my first few thoughts as well. There seem to be a number of easy and cheap fixes that are required. I would be shocked if the speedo issue was actually the magnet. It's a cool bike though. I didn't know they made SM that small.

EDIT:
PS. Your sig quote is funny, but it's getting pretty old.

On my '06 KTM supermoto, the dinky bracket that held the horn to the frame broke. Tried a few quick things before giving up and taking the horn off. The bike had the KTM enduro style switches, where the horn button was on the front side of the left switch. Impossible to hit the horn while pulling in the clutch, therefore making the horn useless. Not sure if this Husqy is the same. Also the speedo is an aftermarket trailtech unit. Not sure why guy couldn't use the factory magnet, unless they changed the front rotor.

I would be more concerned about the rust on the handlebar top cap bolts. Could be just cheap bolts, or the bike could have spent a lot of time outside.

is that an aftermarket cluster?
if so, maybe why the speedo don't work?
and the reason why guys do that is usually not a good one

from what I see, the TC250 as seller lists the model, is off road only
looks like the TE250 is the blue platable enduro bike

looks like a plate holder on the rear
but I'd question if that bike can be licensed for the road

is that an aftermarket cluster?
if so, maybe why the speedo don't work?
and the reason why guys do that is usually not a good one

from what I see, the TC250 as seller lists the model, is off road only
looks like the TE250 is the blue platable enduro bike

looks like a plate holder on the rear
but I'd question if that bike can be licensed for the road
TC was the mx model but it was pretty common around that time to blue plate mx and off road bikes. After 2008 it was no longer allowed. Very good chance it’s legit but as always do the due diligence. Trail tech Speedo’s were also used often when converting off road bikes.

Good points. I'm not sure if its an SM from factory, the excel rims look aftermarket, maybe that's why the speedo was changed to correct the reading for smaller wheels. Not sure what would have happened to the dirt wheels

Not a factory supermoto. Would be be a fun toy but not a street ride you'd want to rack up any sort of milage/hours on. When those motors start needing work the "deal" becomes a bit of a money pit. Also something to consider those older husky's may be difficult to source parts for soon if not already.

Not a factory supermoto. Would be be a fun toy but not a street ride you'd want to rack up any sort of milage/hours on. When those motors start needing work the "deal" becomes a bit of a money pit. Also something to consider those older husky's may be difficult to source parts for soon if not already.
Agreed 100% on all points.
I just sold a 2009 te450. Great bike, most (not all) parts are available online, though getting expensive.
I really liked my Husky, would not buy another older one.
I also wouldn't buy any modern performance four stroke 250 that had seen any real street use, definitely a time bomb.

Back
Top Bottom