The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 244 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

I think your ask is a little heavy. Nice bike and great mileage. I consider the F800ST a good all rounder but not a huge following. So with that said $7000 ask on a 9 year old bike that probably had a MSRP of $12,000 I think it’s just a little too high.

$6800 looks a ton better then $7000. If you really want it gone considering we’re in September now I personally would ask $6500 and be open to negotiate.

When I see your ad on Kijiji it shows Napanee area. I would try to get in there and edit to Belleville. Still leave the actual location as Deseronto. As someone in the GTA Belleville sounds doable to go look at a bike but Napanee seems like the other side of the world.

Thanks for the input. I'm pretty much in between Kingston and Belleville (Kingston is larger by far), but I think you're saying Belleville because it seems closer to TO? Either way, it's roughly two hours to get here from Toronto, which is not a huge deal for someone who really wants something (saying because I know of people who have driven 6+ hours to get what they want lol).

I have been lowering the price about every two weeks, so will see what happens in the next week or so. I've also got a potential buyer nearby, but he's waiting on a money settlement from a divorce...:cautious:

Thanks for the input. I'm pretty much in between Kingston and Belleville (Kingston is larger by far), but I think you're saying Belleville because it seems closer to TO? Either way, it's roughly two hours to get here from Toronto, which is not a huge deal for someone who really wants something (saying because I know of people who have driven 6+ hours to get what they want lol).

I have been lowering the price about every two weeks, so will see what happens in the next week or so. I've also got a potential buyer nearby, but he's waiting on a money settlement from a divorce...:cautious:

I only say that because being in the GTA area there is a good chance I scroll past a ad based out of Napanee. Belleville is a more familiar area and I know it’s a reasonable distance to travel for a bike so I will click on the ad.07967A5A-7D68-4DFA-83EA-CC402C6BC460.png

I only say that because being in the GTA area there is a good chance I scroll past a ad based out of Napanee. Belleville is a more familiar area and I know it’s a reasonable distance to travel for a bike so I will click on the ad.

Ok, done. Hope this gets me some more bites. Will wait a bit to lower the price again, though. :)

Was poking around Craigslist just for a break from the optical assault of Kijiji (I fricking hate Kijiji), and came across this:

RC30 on CraigsList

It's a relatively old ad, but $15k for a running and mostly original RC30 is a steal. Honestly, if this had been available when I bought my bike last year, I would have bought this instead, even though I'd be absolutely sh!tbaked to ride the thing...

Was poking around Craigslist just for a break from the optical assault of Kijiji (I fricking hate Kijiji), and came across this:

Killer price if the condition is as good as the pics indicate.

Here's a very similar one that sold on BaT for $40k USD a few months ago.

Killer price if the condition is as good as the pics indicate.

Here's a very similar one that sold on BaT for $40k USD a few months ago.

Agreed. It's actually such a good price that it's well into 'Too Good To Be True" territory, as the seller clearly knows what they have. It's not like some folks are emptying out deceased Dad's garage and selling what they think is an old junker...

Having done a reverse image search, the pictures match photos from here:

Either this is a scam, or the buyer in 2018/2019 discovered something about the bike that severely reduces the value. I'm leaning towards the former. ("Bike is out of country, please wire the funds and I'll ship it as soon as they clear," or the like...)

The pictures are very similar, but it seems like it's not the same bike. Speedo is different, exhaust is different, license plate bracket is different. The angles and backdrop are the same... maybe this is from a collector that had multiple examples of the same bike?

This is my bike. I'm not in a hurry to sell, but I don't want to be unrealistic either.

I'd consider that to be a good deal. Add some pictures so it doesn't look to be loaded up like an old mule.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

The pictures are very similar, but it seems like it's not the same bike. Speedo is different, exhaust is different, license plate bracket is different. The angles and backdrop are the same... maybe this is from a collector that had multiple examples of the same bike?

Well spotted. The CL one is also branded RC30 on the tail, not VFR750R. I saw that curb and hedge and stopped looking...

That said, following the info on the raresportbikesforsale.com leads to classicavenue.com, a shop in Venice, California that has a number of listings in front of the same hedge and curb, which doesn't line up with the oddly worded description in the CL ad. At this point, considering the asking price, my money is still on the ad being less than legit. Even if the motor were seized solid, it'd be worth more than $15k in spares alone...

Either way, what a looker. Still the prettiest bike ever made, to my aging eyes...

2001 FZ1 needs work $1450

Another semi-reasonable FZ1 deal depending on how handy you are. Could part out the mods and recoup a good chunk of the initial purchase price.

2001 FZ1 needs work $1450

this could be good.
17000kms-edit whoops 101000kms. where did I get 17k?
looks clean, anyone see any damage?

needs a clutch and rad. both not a big deal to replace, but I do wonder if the bike was overheated.
could mean engine damage or water pump needs replacing?

did you speak to the seller gvh?

has been up for 9 days on kijiji... might be able to lowball it

edit - oh boy, 2nd gear "slip"

nice parts list, pipe and body parts; would be nice for someone who already owns an fz1?

Last edited:
this could be good.
17000kms
looks clean, anyone see any damage?

needs a clutch and rad. both not a big deal to replace, but I do wonder if the bike was overheated.
could mean engine damage or water pump needs replacing?

did you speak to the seller gvh?

has been up for 9 days on kijiji..

No to many toys already. Bidding on a Ducati Scrambler but will go to high.

Probably a 1978 CB400 Hawk modded into a cafe. Doesn't look bad. Price has dropped from $1400 Firm to $1000 Firm now $850 Firm. Needs ownership I offered $700 when it was $1400

1599756773019.png

Back
Top Bottom