The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 220 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

can those things be run out of the water to see if they're okay?
the engine part I'm comfortable checking out

but the jet drive I have no idea what to look for or if the boat needs to be in the water
I know people that have run them out of the water for a brief period with no issues. IIRC, impeller is always going on that boat and the lever just controls the buckets.

I've played around in newer versions of that boat (210 and 230hp). Personally I really dislike how those boats handle as you have to unlearn everything but people that have never driven boats love them. I will admit that it is really hard to do anything to get you in trouble. We tried to upset it and you can get a decent amount of water coming through the seam in the hull but nothing unexpected happens no matter how idiotic your control inputs are. The only thing you can do to really cause excitement is to throw it in reverse at full speed. The nose will dive, the boat submarines, then it pops up, drains itself and keeps going. The stop is pretty abrupt though.

It looks like that one may have 130hp which is marginal, but for the price isn't a problem. Even over 200hp they don't feel fast.

this guy is either a scammer or flat broke
I don't know much about seadoos
but guessing this is worth more than $2,500 ??

wW5Nn4N.jpg

I want the pergola.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Reactions: J_F
It looks like that one may have 130hp which is marginal, but for the price isn't a problem. Even over 200hp they don't feel fast.
Like relative to other boats? Or they don't feel fast because boats in general are slow?

Like relative to other boats? Or they don't feel fast because boats in general are slow?
Compared to other properly powered boats. Jet efficiency is ~30% worse than a prop so you are roughly looking at roughly 150hp equivalent in a boat that is >1200lbs. The jet doesnt really bite either. It feels like an automatic, it may accelerate quickly but tons of slip takes out a lot of the fun. A prop boat with enough power just launches harder. The above assumes a boat designed to go (aluminum or fiberglass bass boat, aluminum boat with max allowed hp, ski boat etc). Top speed is probably not drastically different between prop and jet until you speed starts to get over 40mph. Compared to a typical fibreglass cottage I/O with a V6, the seadoo launches quickly (basically pops up instead of standing up and wallowing out) but loses on the top end.

and skims over the lily pads :D
That was an infomercial masquerading as a tv show.

Yamaha Having a positive keel is an advantage. I tried to surf a seadoo boat on another boats wake which worked, but it was very disconcerting when the boat rotated to match the angle of the wake. I'm not used to counter-steering a boat nor driving a boat that is not headed in the direction it is pointing. Again, not a big deal, but very strange and very different to almost every conventional boat.

I noticed the infomercial pointed out that jets needed no trim, but yamaha has a really cool left hand trim on their pwc's.

Compared to other properly powered boats. Jet efficiency is ~30% worse than a prop so you are roughly looking at roughly 150hp equivalent in a boat that is >1200lbs. The jet doesnt really bite either. It feels like an automatic, it may accelerate quickly but tons of slip takes out a lot of the fun. A prop boat with enough power just launches harder. The above assumes a boat designed to go (aluminum or fiberglass bass boat, aluminum boat with max allowed hp, ski boat etc). Top speed is probably not drastically different between prop and jet until you speed starts to get over 40mph. Compared to a typical fibreglass cottage I/O with a V6, the seadoo launches quickly (basically pops up instead of standing up and wallowing out) but loses on the top end.
I find jets feel greasy, kinda like a worn out power glide accelerating, cutting is like a 2wd drive pickup on snow.

I like the grip of a prop.

Fair enough, I suppose as with anything, it has it's uses though. Depending on your needs and where you cottage. I mean sure there are guys running props on rivers, but they aren't getting anywhere near my fishing spots, as I have to pull the troller out of the water to make passage. If I had a jet or fan, I guess I wouldn't even need to paddle that stretch. It's nice that I don't have to share, also nice that OPP can't get through either :)

I'm not sure if they were a lemon or just an entirely uninspiring utility bike. 34 hp, 5 speed, 360 lbs, 500cc. Just meh all around.
Sounds like a Honda CB500X with a bit more power and a little less weight.

Back
Top Bottom