The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 187 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Why does it look like there was Tire Shine used on the back tire....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The shaft drive is good. I can't think of anything else about the CX line that was good. It was geared waaaay too high. The suspension was crap. And it vibrated worse than anything else on the market back then. A friend bought one and put it up for sale after a month. He took a beating getting rid of it.

Owner seems honest and motivated to sell, might be a good winter project if it can be had for under 1k.

Yamaha XJ900 ,

Price: $ 1,200
I don't find a motorcyle that has a transmission popping out of gear a good project. inside of the tank propably has rust?
and it has a lot of kms on it. it looks like a long term headache and a money pit. just my opinion. buyer beware.

I don't find a motorcyle that has a transmission popping out of gear a good project. inside of the tank propably has rust?
and it has a lot of kms on it. it looks like a long term headache and a money pit. just my opinion. buyer beware.
All toys are money pits. It's a rare bike, a nice bike that I figured someone who appreciates and can/wants to bring it up to par might enjoy taking it on. Apparently it's an easy fix, someone who knows the bike might think so or not.

Not that I don't agree with you, I'm not the person to take on a bike like that and you are probably right for most people...just sharing what I felt might be a good find for the right person.

Apparently it's an easy fix,
Removing the rear wheel, swingarm, then engine from the frame, split the cases, disassemble the transmission, source an input shaft and a driven second gear (at least) for some obscure shaft drive Yamaha POS that no one wants....
Yep easy peasy.

Removing the rear wheel, swingarm, then engine from the frame, split the cases, disassemble the transmission, source an input shaft and a driven second gear (at least) for some obscure shaft drive Yamaha POS that no one wants....
Yep easy peasy.
I didn't say it was easy, I read that it apparently was. I also said someone who knows the bike might think so or not.

Sounds like you know the bike much better than I do, thanks for spelling out the repair. Doesn't sound easy at all.

Doesn't mean it's a pos no one wants, it's a cool, rare bike that I've heard good things about. Not worth it to you but to someone who likes these and wants to take it on it might be a fun project to waste the winter away on.

To each their own...

Heard that SON is closing, going out of business, stock is being sold to new shop in Aurora. Here's a decent deal if anyone can pick it up before they move on Friday.

2007 Yamaha Stratoliner Deluxe in Sharon, ON | SUZUKI OF NEWMARKET - 45994116

GIANT CLEARANCE SALE . THIS VEHICLE IS BEING SOLD AS IS , UNFIT , AND IS NOT REPRESENTED AS BEING IN A ROAD WORTHY CONDITION, MECHANICALLY SOUND OR MAINTAINED AT ANY GUARANTEED LEVEL OF QUALITY. THE VEHICLE MAY NOT BE FIT FOR USE AS A MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION AND MAY REQUIRE SUBSTANTIAL REPAIRS AT THE PURCHASERS EXPENSE. IT MAY NOT BE POSSIBLE TO REGISTER THE VEHICLE TO BE DRIVEN IN IT'S CURRENT CONDITION. THIS BEING SAID THIS IS A REAL NICE MOTORCYCLE AND WELL WORTH THE LOOK. APPLICABLE TAXES AND LICENSE FEES ARE EXTRA

de71f97b-c97e-421a-8696-c5afc0ba64ca.jpg-1024x786

That's not a Stratoliner Deluxe, maybe they mean Stratoliner S? Either way that's the cheapest Stratoliner I've ever seen... hmmmmmm......

(I know somebody else will buy it before I get into trouble)

I didn't say it was easy ....
Seller did.
He lied.

Kinda like a dealer selling a non-certifiable motorcycle and not telling you they can't make it certifiable because the VIN is broken.

Heard that SON is closing, going out of business, stock is being sold to new shop in Aurora. Here's a decent deal if anyone can pick it up before they move on Friday.

2007 Yamaha Stratoliner Deluxe in Sharon, ON | SUZUKI OF NEWMARKET - 45994116

GIANT CLEARANCE SALE . THIS VEHICLE IS BEING SOLD AS IS , UNFIT , AND IS NOT REPRESENTED AS BEING IN A ROAD WORTHY CONDITION, MECHANICALLY SOUND OR MAINTAINED AT ANY GUARANTEED LEVEL OF QUALITY. THE VEHICLE MAY NOT BE FIT FOR USE AS A MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION AND MAY REQUIRE SUBSTANTIAL REPAIRS AT THE PURCHASERS EXPENSE. IT MAY NOT BE POSSIBLE TO REGISTER THE VEHICLE TO BE DRIVEN IN IT'S CURRENT CONDITION. THIS BEING SAID THIS IS A REAL NICE MOTORCYCLE AND WELL WORTH THE LOOK. APPLICABLE TAXES AND LICENSE FEES ARE EXTRA

de71f97b-c97e-421a-8696-c5afc0ba64ca.jpg-1024x786
That's not a Stratoliner Deluxe, maybe they mean Stratoliner S? Either way that's the cheapest Stratoliner I've ever seen... hmmmmmm......

(I know somebody else will buy it before I get into trouble)
Given the downright dangerous condition of bikes SoN sold as certified (or even new), I can only imagine the horror that will be found in that bike. I would run every test and check I could before trusting my life on that bike.

A seller lying? Never in my 27 years in the auto industry have I heard of such a thing....
Now that you bought the new motorcycle off the showroom floor,
would you like a great deal on the battery charger and track stand that came in the crate with your bike?

Now that you bought the new motorcycle off the showroom floor,
would you like a great deal on the battery charger and track stand that came in the crate with your bike?
Does that really happen? lol I've never bought a new bike, but when/if I do I'll see if they can "throw them in"

Back
Top Bottom