The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 396 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

MP - Don't go putting yourself in a position where you're then looking for a bike with character again.
I'm done with character as being the defining factor in my next bike.

If he's not happy with the current ride why just suck it up and be miserable with it.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Scrambler I have...there's just something that's missing and I can't place my finger on it.

Great for city. Great sound. Good power. Highway speed is ok, but the windblast sucks ***. Low range (light comes on at 170km range).

There's no perfect bike, but while I thought I'd like shorter rides since no time...I much prefer longer distance rides where I can crank the miles.

The X was great...but was missing something (oomph / power). So maybe I need more of an X...like a 750X, but that doesn't exist and I'm not huge fan of the NC750XA line.

If he's not happy with the current ride why just suck it up and be miserable with it.
Because that can be a never-ending search, right?

Don't get me wrong, I like the Scrambler I have...there's just something that's missing and I can't place my finger on it.

Great for city. Great sound. Good power. Highway speed is ok, but the windblast sucks ***. Low range (light comes on at 170km range).

There's no perfect bike, but while I thought I'd like shorter rides since no time...I much prefer longer distance rides where I can crank the miles.

You need to figure out what that it is that's missing before you can address it. Keep riding it the way you want, and it should become obvious.

Just curious - where are you riding that you can't get gas within 170 kms?

You need to figure out what that it is that's missing before you can address it. Keep riding it the way you want, and it should become obvious.

Just curious - where are you riding that you can't get gas within 170 kms?
Nowhere that I've ever had an issue. I just start looking at 150-170km for a gas station as I've had a few close calls coming off Hwy 35 and turning west toward the 400...on the 117 I got caught a few times on fumes because there was no gas station, and the only one needed me to go south...then north....pain in the ass.

Nowhere that I've ever had an issue. I just start looking at 150-170km for a gas station as I've had a few close calls coming off Hwy 35 and turning west toward the 400...on the 117 I got caught a few times on fumes because there was no gas station, and the only one needed me to go south...then north....pain in the ass.
I'd just throw a gallon bag of gas on the tail and enjoy the sweet twin sounds.

The X was great...but was missing something (oomph / power). So maybe I need more of an X...like a 750X, but that doesn't exist and I'm not huge fan of the NC750XA line.
I get it.

170km range would be a deal breaker for me. It's not that gas is hard to find, it's the need to stop so frequently.

I get it.

170km range would be a deal breaker for me. It's not that gas is hard to find, it's the need to stop so frequently.
When I bought my first bike I was getting close to 400 km/tank. When I sold it, some tanks were close to 100 km/tank. A combination of more throttle and tuning it for more power. I was much happier with it at the end but damn, so many stops for fuel. Ten plus times a day is too many. Next bike had a lot more range.

When I bought my first bike I was getting close to 400 km/tank. When I sold it, some tanks were close to 100 km/tank. A combination of more throttle and tuning it for more power. I was much happier with it at the end but damn, so many stops for fuel. Ten plus times a day is too many. Next bike had a lot more range.
My CB500X was around 300km before the light came on, and then I had another 50 or so....came in on fumes once to a gas station...literally had 0.2L left in the tank. As the gas sloshed around I gained power...then lost power...then gained power...then lost power....lol.

If you don’t mind ugly old bikes, the FZ1 has around 300km range, well over 100hp and very comfy for long distances. First gen is carbs, second gen is FI.

Low mileage ones can be found for under $5k and parts availability hasn’t been an issue.

Otherwise I’d suggest a FJ09 or a Tracer or something similar, unless you were looking for something slightly more dirt friendly.

A bag of gas? That's a thing?
Giant-Loop-Gas-Bag-Fuel-Safe-Bladder-top-1024x683.jpg

Because that can be a never-ending search, right?

Of course it could be. But I think [mention]Relax [/mention] touched on defining what is missing. Figuring that out instead of just shopping around for the new shiny is good advice.

Sent from the Moon!

Back
Top Bottom