The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 284 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

I don't get these Sportster wanabies bikes. You should advice your friend to get something else.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
It's a good started bike. but it was not my first recommendation to begin with. I had also said that this one wasn't going to last long.
I advised to buy used as I knew he would quickly want to move onto something better.

He is now looking at a Versys.

It's a good started bike. but it was not my first recommendation to begin with. I had also said that this one wasn't going to last long.
I advised to buy used as I knew he would quickly want to move onto something better.

I don't know how many bites he's going to get when he's asking 8,000 and they retail for 8,340.

I don't know how many bites he's going to get when he's asking 8,000 and they retail for 8,340.
Valid point.
So far I know he has had some offers not to far below his asking.

I think it more of not being 100% sure with switching to something different. maybe only at 80%

Not a screaming deal as required for this threat but...
Posting this for a friend so he can sell it any move onto something more touring friendly. :p

2020 Honda Rebel 500 CMX, $8000, Less than 3000 kms.

Viking Bags available.

Bike is less than a year old. I rode it home for him from the dealer last August.

Nice bike, but 8k wow....I’d buy a Sportster 883 for that coin instead.

If your buddy likes the power/usability of it tell him to try a 500X like mine. It’s a good bike.

Fair enough. I always try to recommend DL650 as a starter bike, but some people don't listen . Cheap, reliable, fast enough for most, great commuter / touring bike, super easy to resale. Maybe your friend should look at that bike as well.

how about a 2016 for $2200 stickers would have to go.

View attachment 49003
this is a good deal, i like.
but I'd ditch the mirrors along w the stickers lol
nice find for cheap transportation/cheap insurance/new rider, or not.

Fair enough. I always try to recommend DL650 as a starter bike, but some people don't listen . Cheap, reliable, fast enough for most, great commuter / touring bike, super easy to resale. Maybe your friend should look at that bike as well.

DL 650 isn’t a good starter bike. Its tall, and has too much power for beginners.

500cc and down for cruisers, 300 and down for standards, enduros and sportbikes. Get 20,000 km on bikes this size and you move from beginner to proficient.

500cc and down for cruisers, 300 and down for standards, enduros and sportbikes. Get 20,000 km on bikes this size and you move from beginner to proficient.
Not that I'm saying this is wrong, being a beginner myself. But 20,000km sounds like a lot for your first/beginner bike. Would others here agree with this number? I'd be curious to hear some members' feedback on how long they rode their beginner bikes.

Not that I'm saying this is wrong, being a beginner myself. But 20,000km sounds like a lot for your first/beginner bike. Would others here agree with this number? I'd be curious to hear some members' feedback on how long they rode their beginner bikes.

That's about what I put on my drz sm that I got as my first bike, in about 2 seasons. A bit less actually. Although I felt it was way more fun than any damn ninja 300 though. Plus I still have it a few bikes later, just added in numbers.

it varies tbh, much like how skill is defined

I did about 4,000km on my CBR125 and then 23-24,000km on my CBR250. I think it was time well spent.

Did another 13-15k on the CB500F, 5000 on the Rebel, and now on the X.

I'm sure I could've jumped faster b/w classes, but in all honesty I still think I didn't get everything out of the 250 that it was capable of.

Actually hoping my cousin sells it soon so I'll buy it back and possibly make it a track bike as a lark.

I put about 10,000 on the ninja 250, picked up a ninja 500 and have put another 9ish k on them combined. I feel that I would be able to make use of a better bike at this point. One thing I will add is, I thought my years in the dirt would have me much better on the street.. but after a couple of close calls ( traction not traffic) I realize that I will push to the limit on dirt till I find it. I don’t want to find it on the street

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get it MP, I’ve always liked the sportster even if people call it a “girls bike”. Pfft they look good and it’s all about what makes you happy.

Plus then we can swap bikes for a ride

+1 883 is the only HD I'd want. Just need flat bars and tank that would go farther than the next timmies
BTW I've heard it refered to as "the paperboy's harley"

+1 883 is the only HD I'd want. Just need flat bars and tank that would go farther than the next timmies
BTW I've heard it refered to as "the paperboy's harley"
That’s actually my main issue. The tiny tank. I like my rides in the 300-500km range for a decent day. So a tiny tank that gets me <200 isn’t really ideal.

Can Sportsters be outfitted with a larger tank? Damn it....now I’m gonna go searching. Frak.

Back
Top Bottom