The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 281 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Mileage is high (how TF do you do 10k a year on a supermoto thumper???), but sweet bike that looks to be well taken care of. I would be stupid tempted if there was a bit of movement on the price

Mileage is high (how TF do you do 10k a year on a supermoto thumper???), but sweet bike that looks to be well taken care of. I would be stupid tempted if there was a bit of movement on the price

Woah, I thought this was a deal when he first listed it at $8500 a couple weeks ago! Wanted to trade him for my Hyper, but he has an '21 MT-09 on order.

Might have been posted before ? The price doesn't seem offside given the condition...

Might have been posted before ? The price doesn't seem offside given the condition...

I have the same bike, with a better motor (A Steve Crover big bore motor), with professionally set up suspension that works instead of slapping on some modern front end and hoping for the best like this bike... that I'll sell ya' for half of what this guy wants.
A REAL Wes Cooley ain't worth $11500

These GSs have a REALLY high steering neck, so they have REALLY long forks. When you slap a modern front end on the thing it drops the steering neck about 2" NOT GOOD... then you slap on a 17" wheel dropping it another 1/2". It'll "turn in" REAL GOOD... won't go in a straight line for ****.
To make it work I custom made forks, using tubes from a ZX12R and reworked the guts to fit into the Showa sliders. It was a lot of work.
The other option is to move the swing arm pivot UP, but that has problems with the output shaft placement and the chain hits the swing arm and... other bad stuff.
I did the forks so I didn't molest the frame. My bike is number's matching, a real rarity in a "hot rod" GS.

Can somebody come up with a, not just reasonably priced, but CHEAP GSx. Don't care if it's a 1000 or 1100, just not a 1150.
I grabbed the last CMR XR11 frame and I want to do it dressed up like a skunk. I already had all the parts except motor and shocks. I DO have two NOS Voodoo fairings. OOHHH AH!
I find GS1000 motors for $100, but SOMEBODY is bidding up all the GSx motors. Damn drag racers!

Feel like this should be here

Comes with extra set of tires and hard luggage

Back
Top Bottom