The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 171 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

^ some owners report over 200k on a Vstrom
maintenance is the key
engine being the least of your worries

on a bike purchase like that, I'd do a few things right away - if history is unknown
things that could need attention that a safety isn't going to pick up

test ride for proper clutch/transmission operation
flush and change coolant
same with brake fluid
same with fork oil
check wheel bearings
check swingarm pivot and rear shock
check sprockets and chain
check/adjust valve clearances

bike would be good to go for several years if all that is done

My old bike. Being sold certified by the dealer at a very reasonable price. And if someone here buys it, I’ve got all the service records for it which the sales guy didn’t want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: J_F
My girlfriend had one, she sold it for more than twice that amount last year but it also only had about 2200k on it and it was super clean. She never had any serious issues in 3 years, but build quality isn't great on them and I have heard stories about some real turds. Super fun bike only 12hp but weighs about 290ish lbs, it was a blast to boot around town on. Always got lots of attention wherever it went.
My old bike. Being sold certified by the dealer at a very reasonable price. And if someone here buys it, I’ve got all the service records for it which the sales guy didn’t want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's more than reasonable...I see older VFRs with much higher mileage asking not much less than that.

Found a 2010 ABS with 15k km original owner, soft luggage, GPS, got Rosey Toes to certify. $4200 plus needed a battery. That will do. Insured quick.

View attachment 40610
Is the vstrom for you? I thought you were really happy with the new Honda.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

well two bikes are better than one :D
( it's for my friend ;) )

Plotting some rides. Pennsylvania to start.

Last edited:
Nice Montesa for sale in Ottawa right now,
and a Beta in Stirling ON
both on kijiji at reasonable asking $

1978 GS1000 running project bike $725

$_59.JPG

I think this one's not bad.

Please view this ad:

2006 Kawasaki ninja 650r,

Price: $ 1,800

Download the application from the Google Play Store.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

What would you guys expect to pay for a 2014ish fz09? Am i being unreasonable trying to buy one for 7000 that hasnt been dropped with less than 10,000km?

Found a 2010 ABS with 15k km original owner, soft luggage, GPS, got Rosey Toes to certify. $4200 plus needed a battery. That will do. Insured quick.

View attachment 40610
I bought a '15 last year. I didn't really need the bike -- I couldn't pass on the deal. After a season of riding I've fallen in love with the bike. It's easy to handle in congested city traffic, you can run with any standard bike on the highway, and it's not bad on rough roads. She lets me keep up with anyone/anything other than an expert rider on an SS.

I rarely reach for the keys to my other bikes now -- this one does it all.

What would you guys expect to pay for a 2014ish fz09? Am i being unreasonable trying to buy one for 7000 that hasnt been dropped with less than 10,000km?
Nope, not unreasonable.

Please view this ad:

2016 Yamaha FZ09 MINT condition,

Price: $ 6,500

Please view this ad:

FZ09 2017,

Price: $ 7,800

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom