The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 170 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Must have only been one trip lol.
54c785642675625db638b80cdc87c409.jpg

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
Ya thats the tripometer, not odometer. If he is claiming that bike has 6800km, dont walk, run. Shady stuff.

If he's the first owner, and doesn't know how to hold and reset the Trip meter, than that could easily be the actual kms. I have the same bike, there are two trip settings, A and B, and then ODO. I use A for Trips and fuel estimation, B for oil change intervals usually, or forget about it. Because the fuel mileage takes the reading from A or B and gives an average, if its always reset, the fuel mpg on that trip is reset.

If he's the first owner, and doesn't know how to hold and reset the Trip meter, than that could easily be the actual kms. I have the same bike, there are two trip settings, A and B, and then ODO. I use A for Trips and fuel estimation, B for oil change intervals usually, or forget about it. Because the fuel mileage takes the reading from A or B and gives an average, if its always reset, the fuel mpg on that trip is reset.
Agreed. Pretty sure he's not playing shady, but everyone likes to play detective. Simple phone call would clear it up if anyone is actually interested in buying it.

Agreed. Pretty sure he's not playing shady, but everyone likes to play detective. Simple phone call would clear it up if anyone is actually interested in buying it.

Messaged the seller asking what the actual mileage is since his photo is showing the trip, not odo. The response was basically "Whoops, you're right. The bike actually has 26,800kms. Somebody is coming to check it out, but if you're still interested..."

"Whoops", my ***. It wasn't just the photo. He stated the lower mileage in the ad.

Edit:. I see the text has been updated, but still the trip photo.

Last edited:
Messaged the seller asking what the actual mileage is since his photo is showing the trip, not odo. The response was basically "Whoops, you're right. The bike actually has 26,800kms. Somebody is coming to check it out, but if you're still interested..."

"Whoops", my ***. It wasn't just the photo. He stated the lower mileage in the ad.
Ok, maybe he was playing shady lol. Puts a black eye on an otherwise good bike with relatively low km. Not sure why anyone would do that.

I sent him a message and someone put a payment down on it already. I guess my search for a bike continues!
What are you looking for?

Cb650r, sv650, er6n or z650, fz6
Cbr500r any would do
I have a cbr650F - well maintained, 18,000 km, reasonably priced at $6,050.

Maxim for a tinkerer maybe, under 30k, 35yo

Please view this ad:

1983 Yamaha XJ750 Maxim,

Price: $ 650

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Reactions: J_F

Back
Top Bottom