• For/Yes

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Against/No

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters

knowledge

Site Supporter
[video=youtube;K0LLaybEuzA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0LLaybEuzA[/video]

One of the most interesting premises that I've seen in a while. I've been thinking about this since I saw the trailer weeks ago, and I still can't decide:

If they made it legal for anyone to do anything one day out of the year (with studies proving that it would reduce overall deaths and crime), would you be for or against it? For that one day of the year, anything goes and there aren't repercussions.

Riiigghhtt...for that one day people can get away with murder, vengeance, and of course all the free bikes you can steal.

Wasn't there a post about this on reddit? They turned it into a movie?

Absolutely stupid idea, sure it may bring the overall crime rate down but would also mean no one would be held accountable for there actions.

Like they're held accountable now? Saw in the paper the other day that stupid woman who had her baby hooked on coke. He's now got issues for life and she's out in 7 on good behaviour. :rolleyes:

Riiigghhtt...for that one day people can get away with murder, vengeance, and of course all the free bikes you can steal.

Watch your garage... I'd be hunting for a duc :lmao:

So what? Group ride to Canada or Mexico that week :D lol

Enjoy your group ride and murder boys, i'll be at my local bank with a truck, some tools and heavily armed :D

If, and only if this existed in real life, it would only last for one year. The size and intensity of damage caused by events of a single night would have overflown benefits of 1% unemployment and the "all time low" crime. By far.

Star trek had an episode like that. The Return Of The Archon, if I remember correctly.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 4 Beta

One of the most interesting premises that I've seen in a while.

Disagree. The premise of the movie is disconnected with reality for so many reasons (economically, as stated above), psychologically and emotionally for both victims and perpetrators, that it is hard to take seriously. The theme is just another exploration of the Noble Savage: Are human beings essentially good, if they are removed from the trappings of civilization (in this case, the law)? There are much better movies and literature that cover this: Lord of the Flies, Tarzan (book, not movie), etc.

But my take on it is: Hells ya! Papa needs a brand new Panigale!!!!

Rural residents would form militias while the cities would burn. Stupid concept.

Wasn't there a post about this on reddit? They turned it into a movie?
Do you happen to remember what the name of the thread was? I'd be interested in reading it.

If, and only if this existed in real life, it would only last for one year. The size and intensity of damage caused by events of a single night would have overflown benefits of 1% unemployment and the "all time low" crime. By far.
But I could see it being more successful with the years to come. I could see every year becoming slightly more tame as the novelty wears off. But I do wonder if people would really blow up random buildings if they were given the chance.

Disagree. The premise of the movie is disconnected with reality for so many reasons (economically, as stated above), psychologically and emotionally for both victims and perpetrators, that it is hard to take seriously. The theme is just another exploration of the Noble Savage: Are human beings essentially good, if they are removed from the trappings of civilization (in this case, the law)? There are much better movies and literature that cover this: Lord of the Flies, Tarzan (book, not movie), etc.

But my take on it is: Hells ya! Papa needs a brand new Panigale!!!!
Is it, though? The poll's always a pretty even split, so I wonder if it's really that simple. What if it's a necessary evil? If we can grant that humans are inherently savages, then it's just another itch that (unfortunately) needs to get scratched. Maybe it's not the act itself, but the option to do something.

Personally, there's nothing I would want to do on that day. Maybe rob a bank, but I'm sure other, more seriously-armed people with actual intent to kill would be, too...so fuqdatshit.

I'm just generally a fan of dystopian books & films.

They have an interesting concept, but instead focus the story around some people trying to break into a house in order to kill someone inside. You honestly didn't need a huge back story or amazing plot to make a movie like that. They could of did a lot more on a plot like this if they actually involved an entire city instead of one family in a house.

They have an interesting concept, but instead focus the story around some people trying to break into a house in order to kill someone inside. You honestly didn't need a huge back story or amazing plot to make a movie like that. They could of did a lot more on a plot like this if they actually involved an entire city instead of one family in a house.
So true.

Crappy execution of what could've been a really good concept. It was also a little too unbelievable. Like when the kid gets caught hiding in the dark because he's using a ****ing flashlight...while trying to hide in the dark.

Made for a good comedy movie though. Like when they were tickling her, or when the guy gets gun butted and just walks away with his head down for the rest of the movie

Movie cost 3mill to make...already made 25mill (or more now) so they did something right...

Back
Top Bottom