The perfect mattress....? | GTAMotorcycle.com

The perfect mattress....?

f1mauro

Site Supporter
Wife and I in the market for a new bed. Money is not an issue, just looking for the most comfortable setup. What are your recommendations?

When you go out shopping for a mattress don't be afraid to spend 20-30 mins laying on the ones you like. Just because they seem nice to lay on for a couple of mins dosen't mean you won't find some pressure points and sore spots after laying a while.

Personally I've always just had crappy foam mattresses any liked them fine. We have a pillowtop euro something Sealy, It's nice but you can't flip it, only rotate. I'd prefer to having something flippable.

Wife and I in the market for a new bed. Money is not an issue, just looking for the most comfortable setup. What are your recommendations?

Best bet is to head to the mattress store and try them out. Spend a good amount of time on each one to get a feel. Just like you would for a helmet.

(NOTE to 12yrs olds or those with the mind of: Yes the above sounds dirty but it's not, get yer mind outta the gutter perv :) )

I just revamped my bed a few minutes ago. Spent 4hrs on it. Removing crappy boards & using solid wood to strengthen it. Next time I need a new bed I'm building one myself

Sent from my tablet using my paws

It might not be in fashion anymore but you could never tear me away from my futon on top of a box spring.

There is no perfect mattress. It's all about compromise. You looking for speed or comfort?

http://www.bedinabox.ca/memory-foam-mattress-pacbamboo-plus.html

Amazing bed. There's nothing like memory foam :) I wake up and the bed is still made ;) Anyone that sleeps in my bed just passes right out, they all love it. Required a different type of boxspring and/or bed frame (solid surface).

Use extreme caution when cutting off the shipping straps, they explode with great force!

I'm not a big fan of memory foam, rough on my back. Prefer something harder.. Had good experiences with Simmons, but you really gotta try it out for a while and decide. Heard good things about sleep number as you can dial it in to taste.

http://www.bedinabox.ca/memory-foam-mattress-pacbamboo-plus.html

Amazing bed. There's nothing like memory foam :) I wake up and the bed is still made ;) Anyone that sleeps in my bed just passes right out, they all love it. Required a different type of boxspring and/or bed frame (solid surface).

Use extreme caution when cutting off the shipping straps, they explode with great force!

If your going memory foam, Here i a nice deal to see if you like it and if you don't I bet you could re-sell it and get your money back.

$369 for a king mattress

http://www.groupon.com/deals/mattress-direct-ca-3#

I love the memory foam top but it holds heat.

Great in winter.....

Good timing ish...I bought a Novaform 14" memory foam mattress from costco.ca last night as that was the last day of the sale (they do go on sale a lot though so you might catch it again in a few weeks time if you want that one). Reason I bought from COstco...this past weekend I went in to get a copy of a receipt for a mattress I bought 4 years ago from them that was sagging badly...I was going to just go through Sealy for a warranty claim but Costco people said to just bring it in for a full store credit and gave me an authorisation to do so. What this means is that I am never buying a mattress from anywhere else again. That service is amazing.

What if I don't like the mattress? It goes back arranged by Costco and I pick another. 50ish reviews all positive on this mattress from the .com and .ca site. It is medium firmness, not too soft, not too hard apparently.

Edit: just saw above post...it has gel beads in to dissipate heat and these work pretty well apparently.

Check out foamite.com. Got a king size latex mattress from them. Pricy but very comfortable. Hey if you spend 1/3 of your life on that thing, it's ok to pay a bit more.

Back
Top Bottom