The marihuana and motorcycles thread. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The marihuana and motorcycles thread.

I think he is arguing that you can't define an individual driver like that. Sure someone could drive stoned just as well as another person drives sober. There are a lot of fatal accidents every year involving sober drivers. Couldn't one construe that many can't drive sober and increase the level of difficulty and requirements to get a license.

When I was younger I was an idiot and I took my driving test completely stoned. The license picture was hilarious but I did indeed pass a government sanctioned driving test while completely stoned. My tolerance is much much higher now and although I wouldn't drive stoned because I have too much to risk I do think I could easily pass a government license test stoned. What does that say about our system?

It means you are smarter stoned than most people sober.:p

It's bad. Simple.

Last edited:
I think he is arguing that you can't define an individual driver like that. Sure someone could drive stoned just as well as another person drives sober. There are a lot of fatal accidents every year involving sober drivers. Couldn't one construe that many can't drive sober and increase the level of difficulty and requirements to get a license.

When I was younger I was an idiot and I took my driving test completely stoned. The license picture was hilarious but I did indeed pass a government sanctioned driving test while completely stoned. My tolerance is much much higher now and although I wouldn't drive stoned because I have too much to risk I do think I could easily pass a government license test stoned. What does that say about our system?

Bingo!

Some people have higher tolerances than others...To say that nobody should drive stoned would be arbitrary.

All I was trying to say was that some people are more capable than others of driving stoned.

Whether or not they actually are ok, or just think they're ok is kind of a moot point....Because driving safely is all that matters. If you get home safe why does it matter if you were actually ok, or if you thought you got home on a flying pink elephant?

Apparently that difference doesn't matter to the government either. As long as you can parallel park that pink elephant properly, everyone is golden.

Last edited:
I think the whole thing about lacing weed is a huge misconception....When you think about it from a logical standpoint, what motivation would a dealer have for lacing weed? Secondly, what would they lace it with? That means on a per gram basis, it would cost them more to distribute weed laced with something, and why would they pay for that out of their own pocket?

It was his first time....He got really stoned....That's all. My girlfriend has smoked dozens of times, and she still just takes one puff and starts acting like she's nuts.

Some people just have a low tolerance.

The whole idea of "lacing" is just a misconception that a bunch of stoners came up with when they got really stoned. I know a few career drug dealers and there's absolutely no logical motivation to lace weed...Except to mess people up....But if they're your customers, why would you do that?

Im no expert on drugs but I did know people that deal. Some of these guys would spray all kinds of stuff on the weed to get the weight up. Nothing expensive, whatever they had laying around the house, lysol, cleaners etc. It also sometimes made the weed look more sticky as in higher oil content. Less weed more weight= bigger profit margin.

Bingo!

Some people have higher tolerances than others...To say that nobody should drive stoned would be arbitrary.

All I was trying to say was that some people are more capable than others of driving stoned.

Whether or not they actually are ok, or just think they're ok is kind of a moot point....Because driving safely is all that matters. If you get home safe why does it matter if you were actually ok, or if you thought you got home on a flying pink elephant?

Apparently that difference doesn't matter to the government either. As long as you can parallel park that pink elephant properly, everyone is golden.

That could be said about any thing in the world. Generalizations need to be made.... thats life. Can someone do 200 kph down the hyway in the middle of the night relatively safely, ofcourse. Doesn't mean he's allowed to. You let him do it, then some idiot who can't handle the speed will try it and hurt himself or worst.

Without making generalizations laws wouldn't be of any use to us.

Im no expert on drugs but I did know people that deal. Some of these guys would spray all kinds of stuff on the weed to get the weight up. Nothing expensive, whatever they had laying around the house, lysol, cleaners etc. It also sometimes made the weed look more sticky as in higher oil content. Less weed more weight= bigger profit margin.

well, most experienced smokers will know what a gram "looks" like. If it looks like .5 G and wieghts in at 1 gram , questions will be raised.

the chemical thing is something that nobody can control unless you grow ur own

well, most experienced smokers will know what a gram "looks" like. If it looks like .5 G and wieghts in at 1 gram , questions will be raised.

the chemical thing is something that nobody can control unless you grow ur own

You're not a smoker are you?

It doesn't matter what it looks like, once your dealer weighs it in front of you and it says 1gram, how are you going to argue that it isn't?

Aside from that, different strains of weed come in many different shapes, sizes, and densities. I only bought from my good friends, so I knew I could trust them...But the appearance always fluctuated depending on the strain. 1 gram doesn't always look like 1 gram.

Last edited:

Some guys just lick the bag before putting it on the scale.

You're not a smoker are you?

It doesn't matter what it looks like, once your dealer weighs it in front of you and it says 1gram, how are you going to argue that it isn't?

Aside from that, different strains of weed come in many different shapes, sizes, and densities. I only bought from my good friends, so I knew I could trust them...But the appearance always fluctuated depending on the strain. 1 gram doesn't always look like 1 gram.

BUT in general it does. If its dry/ wet thats a different issue
and if you know your dealer, why would you not say "that looks off"?
Do your friends grow it? or are they just streetslings, how would they know whats in it?

BUT in general it does. If its dry/ wet thats a different issue
and if you know your dealer, why would you not say "that looks off"?
Do your friends grow it? or are they just streetslings, how would they know whats in it?

There's no need for me to say it's off, cuz they usually weigh it in front of me. I've known some of these guys for more than 10 years so most of the time I don't even ask. There's the odd time where they'll show up to my place with a bag and i'll tell them it looks off....A lot of times they'll say it's on point, but toss me another nug just for the sake of it.

They don't grow it, they just sell it. I'm not too concerned with what's in it....Since i've done pretty much everything under the sun. I'm not boasting about that as it's nothing to boast about, I'm just saying that i've voluntarily put other things into my body so being concerned about the cultivation of pot would be somewhat hypocrtical.

true enough... but its not as easy as knowing ur supplier. if he doesn't grow it, he doesn't really know whats in it.

There isn't much guess work. You can taste and tell by the look of the bud if they didn't flush the fertalizer early enough in Hydro and anything grown outdoor is pretty clean. If the bud is 'sticky' chances are its been coated with something. Most dealers who have good relations with their clients won't sell garbage product. They are in the business and return happy customers are the key. The stuff sold by the guys on the street in dime bags and gram packages I would never buy because those guys are so down the chain they will do anything to make a buck. Like with all products the higher up the chain you can buy the better off you are and the better deals you get.

There's no need for me to say it's off, cuz they usually weigh it in front of me. I've known some of these guys for more than 10 years so most of the time I don't even ask. There's the odd time where they'll show up to my place with a bag and i'll tell them it looks off....A lot of times they'll say it's on point, but toss me another nug just for the sake of it.

They don't grow it, they just sell it. I'm not too concerned with what's in it....Since i've done pretty much everything under the sun. I'm not boasting about that as it's nothing to boast about, I'm just saying that i've voluntarily put other things into my body so being concerned about the cultivation of pot would be somewhat hypocrtical.

yah, i know.. its like people who smoke and won't drink tap water... you know who you are :D

Now a days its hard to actually know where it comes from. I guess that's all part of the mystery.
My friend once dealt with this one dealer who must have watched too many movies.

he made it SO HARD buying from him. he setup fake locations, made u pick up clues... the whole 9 yards

all for a 1/4 O. I want to meet a sophisicated dealer, that would be nice. meet me in a suit and tie, sit, chat it up a bit.

What would/could it be coated with?

I had an old friend, who's dad was ex Hells Angels. He grew what I was told was the craziest weed (my friends smoked it, but I didn't get the chance)....And all he used was plant feeder. He said the key, is not to plant a seed, but to clone a plant from from a leaf, taken from a really potent strain of marijuana.

I'm really convinced that the whole idea of "lacing" is just a myth.

No idea,

4life posted "Im no expert on drugs but I did know people that deal. Some of these guys would spray all kinds of stuff on the weed to get the weight up. Nothing expensive, whatever they had laying around the house, lysol, cleaners etc. It also sometimes made the weed look more sticky as in higher oil content. Less weed more weight= bigger profit margin."

That's why i said you can tell the difference if someone was trying to stray stuff on the weed to make it heavier. esp in large amounts

spraying it with a nice water/lemon mist is nice though, try it

What would/could it be coated with?

I had an old friend, who's dad was ex Hells Angels. He grew what I was told was the craziest weed (my friends smoked it, but I didn't get the chance)....And all he used was plant feeder. He said the key, is not to plant a seed, but to clone a plant from from a leaf, taken from a really potent strain of marijuana.

I'm really convinced that the whole idea of "lacing" is just a myth.

It is very very rare that weed is coated with anything especially anything toxic. The most common trick of street peddlers is to spray Sprite or 7-up on the weed. It adds extra weight and when dried the sugar crystals form on the bud which too the kids and uninformed they sell to makes it easy to sell as premium bud for more cost. lol The other common trick is when dealers rub the good buds saving all the crystals for making hash then spray with 7up or sprite to give that crytal rich look again. If you ever smoke a bud that looks great but doesn't perform chances are its been rubbed for hash previously.

You are correct that the idea of weed being laced with tons of harmful chemicals is mostly hyped by the anti drug movement because they really can't come up with any real reason why weed should be illegal and booze is legal. Scare the children! (which does a diservice because when they realize everyone lied to them about weed they assume the talk about much harder drugs is a lie also and can get themselves into trouble.)

It is very very rare that weed is coated with anything especially anything toxic. The most common trick of street peddlers is to spray Sprite or 7-up on the weed. It adds extra weight and when dried the sugar crystals form on the bud which too the kids and uninformed they sell to makes it easy to sell as premium bud for more cost. lol The other common trick is when dealers rub the good buds saving all the crystals for making hash then spray with 7up or sprite to give that crytal rich look again. If you ever smoke a bud that looks great but doesn't perform chances are its been rubbed for hash previously.

I would like to comment on this by saying that homemade has is the most insane thing i've ever smoked in my entire life....Next to salvia that is...

...But homemade hash is crazy....And you actually find out what it's supposed to look like. Not that black, tar-like stuff that's probably been cut with motor oil.

I smoke, well, more of a semi-pothead....I will ride on the tail end of a high, but I don't while I am stoned. I know I will be fine to ride, since I find driving very easy, and I have tried riding high. I find that even though my senses are hightened, I catch myself zoning out at times, which I think is not worth the risk.

A car is a little more forgiving then a bike. Either smoke a couple hours before or after.

Riding high should be okay if you are used to it, but I don't know how well someone under the influence would react in a split-second emergency situation.

BTW, hash effects you slightly differently, it gives you more of a body high, compared to MJ, which makes you more mentally retarded.

Last edited:
I am a much safer and cautious rider if I smoke prior, honestly! If I get off work and get on the bike before I smoke, Im a reakless ******* but if I smoke I just chill out and cruze....I dont even pop any wheelies if Im really baked, I have to wait for it to start wearing off...And its not because Im not capable of doing it while baked, its just Im too paranoid and chilled out to even want to....

And it is very obvious to my good freinds if Ive smoked just through my riding, they can tell Ive been smoking because I ride like a normal person when I have...

To each their own I would never even consider drinking and riding, but Ive smoked so much weed in my life its not a big deal for me to operate heavy machinery or do complex tasks while high.....

Back
Top Bottom