The marihuana and motorcycles thread. | GTAMotorcycle.com

The marihuana and motorcycles thread.

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
As per Guru's request and in honour of the 420 fast approaching.

I once knew this guy who would always smoke and ride. He would actually pull off the highway, onto the shoulder of the road, get high and then hop back on his litre bike and rip around town for a few hours or hit up the twisties. He ended up crashing his bike. He was clean & sober when he crashed having stopped dating Mary Jane quite some time before....

I have watched friends play all kinds of video games for hours and hours while completely baked and they get into this zone. I know people who have played pool, gitoni or even a wide variety of sports and their finesse and attention to necessary details seems uncanny. You just get in the zone. Playing basketball feels like throwing stones in the ocean - you just can't miss when your baked. Some would argue that it truly can be performance enhancing. On the other hand, sometimes the opposite happens though and it feels like you're trying to shoot basketballs through the eye of a needle.

It would seem that playing video games and other acute attention-grabbing, hand/eye coordination or other fine motor skills related activities are somewhat of a inappropriate comparison to riding motorcycles while baked, because of the inherent dangers associated with riding stoned. Please be safe. Protect your mortality.
But I digress....

Having come to a point in my life where I do not smoke any more (purely for wanting to preserve my good health) I wonder what it must be like to feel 'in the zone' while riding on the track or in the twisties. Or while zipping through traffic during the height of rush hour while lane-splitting and foreseeing all obstacles as they approach.

Having been a DJ for many years, the ability while stoned to perceive music and really hear the music, beyond any capabilities while sober is incredible. Furthermore, the ability to feel the vinyl, the turntables, and sync these feelings with the music is unlike anything that musical sobriety has offered to date. I can safely say that for myself, states of alternate perception can significantly enhance certain experiences and provide greater perception that may only be able to be achieved through some sort of Nirvana type realization. I am not talking about more intense drugs like LSD, psychedelic mushrooms or ecstasy as they need a whole different thread:)

It makes me also wonder how the body relates to the sensory perception of touch. With experience, riders begin to be able to feel the tires gripping on the road. With experience, you feel the bike more and more.
From experience we become connected to the road; through the bike, as it merely becomes an extension of our body and an expression of our actions/feelings/emotions at that time. How does the use of marihuana affect this?
Anyone know?
Please discuss.

road%20trips.jpg

edit: Do V-strom owners smoke and ride more often than others?

Last edited:
Your hilarious shane. I wonder how long it takes this thread to go to the Trash.

Good memories, but a career got in the way for me, so no more...

I only tried weed once, but let me tell you.... marijuana and driving/riding definately do NOT mix.

The sensation that I had was almost undescribable. After I smoked it, I initially felt nothing, and then...BAM!!

You ever have that feeling when you get hit on the head (like a concusion) where you have that "Wtf just happened?" moment?...Well I had that, times 10.
I almost felt like I was dreaming, it was the weirdest thing I have ever experienced in my life.
My hand-eye coordination was fine, but I had trouble remembering the simplest tasks. Like for example, I went to unlock my bicycle and ended up staring at the lock for a good 30 seconds before I realized why I was even standing there. lol

To make a long story short, don't smoke weed and ride. Different people react very differently to weed, there are different potency levels, and it does impair your memory/reasoning skills.

P.S- Did anyone ever have a similar experience to mine:confused:
Is weed even supposed to feel like that? lol

^^ now that was funny. Too true. It is supposed to feel like that Scissorman. That's the beauty of it.. After a while you become desensitized to the strangeness of it all and harness the powers within enabling you to become Handyman. If pot scared you a bit, I would advise a higher degree of caution with some of the other substances I mentioned.

^^ now that was funny. Too true. It is supposed to feel like that Scissorman. That's the beauty of it.. After a while you become desensitized to the strangeness of it all and harness the powers within enabling you to become Handyman. If pot scared you a bit, I would advise a higher degree of caution with some of the other substances I mentioned.

You're right. I can see how it could be relaxing, but unfortunately I was not in a very "relaxing" enviroment when I did it. I was with friends and had to go home almost immediately afterwards, so I guess it's fair to say I was a bit nervous lol.
Also, it was my first/only time doing it, so I had no idea what to expect.

All I know is that when I did smoke weed, smoking a joint and riding was the greatest at every moment of it, I even put on an open face lid and smoked a joint while riding my bike. I never had any problems with police or accidents while smoking bud and riding, if anything it made me more attentive and precautious with my riding my bike. If I still smoked I would toke before every ride.

But these are just my findings.

My late father rode stoned alot, he felt he rode his best when high. I'm not saying this applies to EVERYONE but to some it's true.

I prefer to be a passenger in a cage when I toke.. I still remember a few summers ago, I was collecting some water samples in the Rockies.. After 2 days of that, on the way back the boss-man and I toked some Alberta bud (it was way better than anything coming from BC that I've tried).. I saw all sorts of shapes in the glaciers, but the one I still remember was the angry smurf.
Scissor -- The ganj that you toked was probably laced with some bad stuff. Never buy off a punk street dealer. Find a home-based distributor. His customers knowing where he lives keeps him honest.
With that being said, I've never hopped onto a bike while stoned. Even when cagin' it, I'd wait until my head clears.

I think it depends on the person, I just got stupid, lazy and slow when I smoked...all I wanted to do was chill and do nothing at all. Trying to decide on a channel to watch was difficult enough. I hated driving while high, and avoided it as much as possible. My best friend on the other hand seems to do things much better when hes stoned out of his mind, sports, driving, etc.

Actually Shane, I feel and wonder similar thoughts as you. I don't have the balls to attempt riding while being stoned. Perhaps it's some maturity I didn't know I had in myself or ..... whatever. :p

Anyway, there is ONE point I wish to make on the subject and that is attention span. I've always found that my awareness of time and my attention span are heavily affected and both of these are highly required while piloting a motorcycle. Get in the zone, have your fun, then slow it down for a little "breather between rounds", check out a few floweBBAAAAMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dead. (or not)

Me no tucking fink so.

I know, I know, it's a "what if" scenario , but it's also a "what if" question.

If I was at a track and I was the ONLY person on it and there was an ambulance ready to go ..... yeah, i'd try it then. But holy paranoia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :D

(insert Cheek and Chong "Still Smokin'" vid clip here, where they're going nowhere fast)

Save the wacky tabaccy for post-ride IMHO.

Aside from that, i have absolutely no problems with it being a 'post ride' enjoyment enhancer :)

Smoking pot for me is super intense. I couldnt go thru life like that, I'd be in the mental ward. My normal riding style is kinda loosy goosy, in other words I'm fairly relaxed. One time I got hi, and had to ride over the Skyway Bridge to get home, man I thought I was gonna die! I've had some of the best times of my life stoned, with a cold one in my hand. I may have uttered the odd inappropriate thing tho, judging by the looks I got:D

Smoking pot for me is super intense. I couldnt go thru life like that, I'd be in the mental ward. My normal riding style is kinda loosy goosy, in other words I'm fairly relaxed. One time I got hi, and had to ride over the Skyway Bridge to get home, man I thought I was gonna die! I've had some of the best times of my life stoned, with a cold one in my hand. I may have uttered the odd inappropriate thing tho, judging by the looks I got:D

smoking MJ because the ol' cataracts acting up again?

Seriously tho, thered be NO way in hell for me to ride when im ripped... I either get RIPPED or dont get affected at all...

smoking MJ because the ol' cataracts acting up again?

Seriously tho, thered be NO way in hell for me to ride when im ripped... I either get RIPPED or dont get affected at all...
Hey, do you go to Timmies, King n Caroline? I saw some weidos posing there.:D

Hey, do you go to Timmies, King n Caroline? I saw some weidos posing there.:D

naw, you wont see me at timmies...

the only time you'll be seeing me is when i fly by you on one wheel, and the cops pull you over b/c they cant get me :D:D:D:D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=067FMmyrXmQ

Actually Shane, I feel and wonder similar thoughts as you. I don't have the balls to attempt riding while being stoned. Perhaps it's some maturity I didn't know I had in myself or ..... whatever. :p

Anyway, there is ONE point I wish to make on the subject and that is attention span. I've always found that my awareness of time and my attention span are heavily affected and both of these are highly required while piloting a motorcycle. Get in the zone, have your fun, then slow it down for a little "breather between rounds", check out a few floweBBAAAAMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dead. (or not)

Me no tucking fink so.

I know, I know, it's a "what if" scenario , but it's also a "what if" question.

If I was at a track and I was the ONLY person on it and there was an ambulance ready to go ..... yeah, i'd try it then. But holy paranoia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :D

(insert Cheek and Chong "Still Smokin'" vid clip here, where they're going nowhere fast)

Yup, that's it! (I didn't have the patience at the moment - thanks!)

I can picture it now - carving left, sweeping right, knee down here, lift the front there ..... a sudden tap on the shoulder, "you gonna put it in gear and go now or what man!??!??!" :p

Ooooooooommmmm., Oooooooommm. RRRAAAAARRRRRHGHGHHGHG!!!!!!! :happy3: :snorting: HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAA!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom