The less meat thread | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The less meat thread

That is correct, the two are separate conditions.
BUT (isn't there always one ) .....
A cardiac arrest can feel like heartburn .
Lol. They say heart attack is the second most painful thing a human can endure. Childbirth is #1. I've seen people popping tums or pepcid for relief, and I've seen people in cardiac arrest. One of those is like having a hard time taking a dump.

Cardiac arrest has nothing to do with "heartburn".
Heartburn is closely tied to pulmonary fibrous and it it fatal and terminal. The acid messes up you lungs and starts the chain reaction that destroys them. I try to do anything I can to avoid heartburn or reflux being a hereditary risk for me and has killed my father and uncle.

Sent from my KFONWI using Tapatalk

I stopped alcohol ( temporarily) ( I was getting really good at it) and potato chips and cut coffee to two per morning , heart burn 96% gone . Coffee not caffeine was a trigger and greasy ripple chips . And draft beer .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Heartburn and heart attack pain can be similar. If someone is in doubt whether pain is a heart attack, they should always call for an ambulance. If it is a heart attack, prompt medical care can be lifesaving.

Not all heart attacks present the same way or with the same severity. My dad had a quite a massive heart attack yet drove himself 30 km to the hospital...survived another 30 years.
People who have a silent heart attack might later recall that they had indigestion,

What is a silent heart attack?​

Answer From Rekha Mankad, M.D.

A silent heart attack is a heart attack that has few, if any, symptoms or has symptoms you don't recognize as a sign of a heart attack. You might not have chest pain or shortness of breath, which are typically associated with a heart attack.

People who have a silent heart attack might later recall that they had indigestion, the flu or a strained chest muscle. But a silent heart attack, like any heart attack, involves blockage of blood flow to your heart and possible damage to the heart muscle.
:coffee:

I went a year without carbs one time as an experiment, was interesting

Can you do that? I know that I can avoid a lot of sugar but not all of it. Almost all processed foods contain sugar, salad dressing, ketchup etc.

Correct, almost all foods contains some minute quantities of carbs

Wasnt easy, but I basically ate only fruits, vegetables, and nuts for a year.
So no bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, nothing starchy at all

I was also a vegetarian during this time.
Its basically a more intense version of keto I guess.

If I were to do it now, Id obviously be eating protein as well, and consult a physician to ensure it doesnt adversely impact kidneys or health

Was crazy though, I became super shredded really fast
I had a lot of focus and energy

That general lethargy and tiredness you feel sometimes was gone, no more feeling sleepy after a meal, no more wanting to stay in bed on cold mornings. I just had this general lightness that was with me at all times

Thats when I realized how much energy your body consumes just digesting food.
I became super aware of how your body behaves or reacts to everything. A heightened sensory experience

I still exercised and worked out, and noticed right away I traded a bunch of raw physical strength for clarity and focus and energy.

It was tricky though, I couldnt be late with my food, otherwise Id get irritable and cranky, as I was likely not consuming a huge amount of calories to begin with. Nuts helped out big time.

I could also smell when the neighbours neighbour was boiling pasta like a german shepard

Was a difficult but interesting experience for sure

Correct, almost all foods contains some minute quantities of carbs

Wasnt easy, but I basically ate only fruits, vegetables, and nuts for a year.
So no bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, nothing starchy at all

I was also a vegetarian during this time.
Its basically a more intense version of keto I guess.

If I were to do it now, Id obviously be eating protein as well, and consult a physician to ensure it doesnt adversely impact kidneys or health

Was crazy though, I became super shredded really fast
I had a lot of focus and energy

That general lethargy and tiredness you feel sometimes was gone, no more feeling sleepy after a meal, no more wanting to stay in bed on cold mornings. I just had this general lightness that was with me at all times

Thats when I realized how much energy your body consumes just digesting food.
I became super aware of how your body behaves or reacts to everything. A heightened sensory experience

I still exercised and worked out, and noticed right away I traded a bunch of raw physical strength for clarity and focus and energy.

It was tricky though, I couldnt be late with my food, otherwise Id get irritable and cranky, as I was likely not consuming a huge amount of calories to begin with. Nuts helped out big time.

I could also smell when the neighbours neighbour was boiling pasta like a german shepard

Was a difficult but interesting experience for sure
The thing that worries me is that the body can permanently adjust to a low calory diet and the body becomes ultra efficient. One person I know is obese but gains weight on a Big Mac Combo a day. It's the curse of the crash diet.

A guy I know lost so much weight on a vitamin B diet people thought he was dying so he put 10 pounds back on. Now he's bigger than before. Contestants in the weight loss reality shows are experiencing the same.

The thing that worries me is that the body can permanently adjust to a low calory diet and the body becomes ultra efficient. One person I know is obese but gains weight on a Big Mac Combo a day. It's the curse of the crash diet.

A guy I know lost so much weight on a vitamin B diet people thought he was dying so he put 10 pounds back on. Now he's bigger than before. Contestants in the weight loss reality shows are experiencing the same.
yeah you want to prioritize consistency, and sustainability.

Better to regularly score a B+ over extended periods of time, as opposed to getting an A+ and then in 3 days binge out over wings or something

Tip on beyond burgers, the 'ground ' version is actually 3 patties and exact same thing as burgers. I bought lots when they went on sale for $5-6 but the way things are, don't know how sale prices will go. Also joining their mailing list; they send out coupons for unlimited use during certain period. Burgers become cheap.

Unfortunately for me I don't like them that much and they been sitting in freezer as I tend to prefer the Gardein variety.
Also not a meat person, just if I stick to all veggie foods in their original forms, tend to gain weight from all the carbs.

The wholly veggie cauliflower bites are really good and full of carbs.

Lol. They say heart attack is the second most painful thing a human can endure. Childbirth is #1. I've seen people popping tums or pepcid for relief, and I've seen people in cardiac arrest. One of those is like having a hard time taking a dump.
I can attest it's the single most painful thing I have ever endured. I can count a dozen times where an emerg doc has asked 'on a scale of 1-10, how painful is this?" Broken Ankle/wrist/finger - 5, teeth removed by a puck - 7, chopped off thumb - 7, smashed face with broken orbital - 4, abscessed tooth - 8. Widowmaker - 11.

Imagine a full-size elephant standing on your chest. That's the beginning. Then he stands up on one back leg. Then he puts on high-heels while standing on one back leg.

I can attest it's the single most painful thing I have ever endured. I can count a dozen times where an emerg doc has asked 'on a scale of 1-10, how painful is this?" Broken Ankle/wrist/finger - 5, teeth removed by a puck - 7, chopped off thumb - 7, smashed face with broken orbital - 4, abscessed tooth - 8. Widowmaker - 11.

Imagine a full-size elephant standing on your chest. That's the beginning. Then he stands up on one back leg. Then he puts on high-heels while standing on one back leg.
I started the new year with a kidney stone. I'll take your word for the others.

Back
Top Bottom