The curse of the double edge sword | GTAMotorcycle.com

The curse of the double edge sword

nobbie48

Site Supporter
I was going to get some coyote urine to deter raccoon pests. Then I realized we have coyotes in the area and the scent attracts them.

Which is the bigger problem.

Where can I buy grizzly bear urine?

I look like a grizzly bear, does that count?
Nvm
I'm diabetic
Then you'll have an ant problem
#SweetPee

I have the Yard Guard (?)
Paid like $80 a few years ago when we had a racoon issue
Seemed to work
But this year did nothing for the damn skunks

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I heard that if you leave a radio turned on and up the raccoons keeps their distance

Maybe go to Pickering and get some Boar urine.

Edit: or the nearest bar and get some Cougar urine.

I heard that if you leave a radio turned on and up the raccoons keeps their distance
Unfortunately they just crap everywhere in the yard and I don't know if the raccoons are fans of Celine Dion.

Neighbours have dogs so ultra sonic devices would replace crap with yap.

Best way to deal with raccoons is to make sure they can't get in. They can climb straight up a brick wall. Make sure your soffits are secure and there are no spots they can squeeze thru.

Recommendations of keeping squirrels and mice out of the shed? After those fuckers damaged a lot of gear I bought plastic containers for everything…

Anything I can put in there? Radio? Strobe light? Pee in it?

Nope. I have a huge problem with raccoons. I tried a radio, recording of barking dogs, motion sensor that turned on a recording of barking dogs, real barking dog, ... urban raccoons just laugh at those things. My savage cat used to scare them away, my dog used to chase them, they are so used to raccoons wandering by they treat them like family.

A local pest controller suggested bright LED lights -- that's been working for me.

Recommendations of keeping squirrels and mice out of the shed? After those fuckers damaged a lot of gear I bought plastic containers for everything…

Anything I can put in there? Radio? Strobe light? Pee in it?
They can eat through the containers. I put poison/traps in places animals are not supposed to be. As long as they live outside, they can enjoy their lives,start moving inside and its lights out. Ideally try to seal entrances but in most sheds, that's impossible.

Best way to deal with raccoons is to make sure they can't get in. They can climb straight up a brick wall. Make sure your soffits are secure and there are no spots they can squeeze thru.
You haven't met a city raccoon. I've watched them open aluminum soffit off as easily as I open a beer can - they find a seam, pull the vented part down till the seam unlocks, then rip thru the seam.

In my neighborhood, they learned that soffit lights are warm, and how to remove them from soffits.

I tried trapping as a preventative measure -- it's like putting your finger in a dyke.

Mice need food water and shelter. Don't provide them, and you will lessen the chances of them visiting. It's amazing what they will eat. My wife insists that putting bars of Irish Spring soap in the shed well keep them out. They are all chewed up.

Nope. I have a huge problem with raccoons. I tried a radio, recording of barking dogs, motion sensor that turned on a recording of barking dogs, real barking dog, ... urban raccoons just laugh at those things. My savage cat used to scare them away, my dog used to chase them, they are so used to raccoons wandering by they treat them like family.

A local pest controller suggested bright LED lights -- that's been working for me.
I have a motion sensor sprinkler works well that hate getting sprayed and actually run.

Sent using a thumb maybe 2

For larger pests, a radio on talk radio can help as they hear the human voices and may stay away, talk radio is the key, music does not register to them as a threat (just noise). Motion sprinkler has worked well for us as well pointed at places they show up, move it around, not a winter solution. I have also gone out and peed on areas they were using as a toilet or pathway, that also worked after a few applications. Cat pee from the litter box also works a bit if you are shy (but no poo, thay may eat it). Bright lights can also work but it never did all that much for us. I cut back and cut down any trees that gave them access to our roof, that solved a lot of roof related problems. They are highly adaptable and I have never seen a one perfect solution. We had one that frequented our big tree, I took to daily chasing it and spraying it with the hose after a few days it decided to find a new hangout. BTW squirrels will chew through anything plastic, including the city bins....

For mice and rats, poison, kill traps etc. Make sure there are no food sources.

Back
Top Bottom