The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 302 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Guy realized that he ain't as tough as he'd like to be...like a Chihuahua all bark and no bite.
Reminds me of when the neighbours from hell came up to the door and started yelling at my mother over something. I was upstairs and heard it, so came down to the door. The wife was screaming in my mother's face while her husband was standing off our front step, behind her. He saw me come up and pulled a quick fade. It took his wife almost two minutes to realize she'd lost her backup and to pull a frightened retreat.

(Dude had maybe 60 pounds and a couple of inches in height on me, but apparently shaved head and Van Dyke trump that?)

It was me today. I cut someone off to get over as they were trying to pass on the right.

Pulled over on the 403 @ Guelph Line for speeding. Fled, crashed getting off @ Brant St. Dead.

Yeah, doesn't say if it was driver or one of their passengers. Either way, not good. Might've been a little less dangerous to just stop and accept ticket.

Edit- CHCH says it was one of the passengers, and another one in critical condition. Long court proceedings ahead for driver. Can't believe how flattened the roof is

Last edited:
Yeah, doesn't say if it was driver or one of their passengers. Either way, not good. Might've been a little less dangerous to just stop and accept ticket.

Edit- CHCH says it was one of the passengers, and another one in critical condition. Long court proceedings ahead for driver. Can't believe how flattened the roof is

The extrication team may have lifted/proped the vehicle and cut the pillars to get them out. Then dropped it back down when they were done.

Many time the damage in the picture we see in the news looks worse (not that this one was not bad) due to the vehicle being torn/cut apart to get the people out.

Fun Fact: The charges of dangerous operation causing injury and dangerous operation causing death do not just apply to people in other vehicles.

Fun Fact: The charges of dangerous operation causing injury and dangerous operation causing death do not just apply to people in other vehicles.

I don't see any reason why it would just apply to people in other vehicles. You were driving. Someone died because of it. You get to go stand in front of the judge and ask for bail.

The extrication team may have lifted/proped the vehicle and cut the pillars to get them out. Then dropped it back down when they were done.

Many time the damage in the picture we see in the news looks worse (not that this one was not bad) due to the vehicle being torn/cut apart to get the people out.
I can see a team lifting a roof off a truck but it would take a crane to lift the truck off the roof and lower it back again.

Surprisingly crushed, I agree. How would they get them out other than the roof being cut? Definitely not a job for amateurs.

A cab voice recorder would be interesting. Would it be "You're beating him Jimmy Bob" or "OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG"

1706636606725.png
I’m guessing the doors on the other side were the access

Last edited:
Today someone rear ended me...slow speed, maybe 20 kmph. No damages to my car or theirs, and no bodily injuries to either parties. A driver cut right in front of me, turning left and I didn't have the visibility until the last moment because of traffic in the other lane. I braked hard and came to a stop, and this lady crashed into me.

The funny part is she claimed to be a driving instructor and was telling me how wrong I was. I asked her what was I supposed to do, and she said you should have honked and just gone ahead lol. The conversation happened in the parking lot next to the road, she rolled her window down, while I stood near her windows and spoke to her. While I went to inspect the car, she said there is no damage, take care and she took off. I have a dashcam so I didn't really bother to take a pic of her number plate (which was a terrible idea). I went back home and connected it just to find that it didn't record this morning...f*kk.

A couple of paint chips and very tiny dent, so there is no real damage. But the part that pisses me off is that the lady didn't apologize. The first question I asked her was if she was alright. Nothing back, no apology, and of course she took off. If I had the license plate, I would have put in a deliberate hit and run, for the mood I'm in.

As much as I'd like to forget it...that's all I have been thinking about. The dashcam is a Vantrue OnDash S1, it stopped recording from yesterday evening when I was out and started recording everything after the crash.

Is there anything that I should have done differently or can do now? Probably look in the mirror, and ask myself to move on?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-31 180829.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-01-31 180829.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 8
They're everywhere. Yesterday my wife was in a centre lane intending to go through when the light turned red. A car in the left turn lane changes their mind and decides to make a right turn across three lanes of stopped traffic.

Today someone rear ended me...slow speed, maybe 20 kmph. No damages to my car or theirs, and no bodily injuries to either parties. A driver cut right in front of me, turning left and I didn't have the visibility until the last moment because of traffic in the other lane. I braked hard and came to a stop, and this lady crashed into me.

The funny part is she claimed to be a driving instructor and was telling me how wrong I was. I asked her what was I supposed to do, and she said you should have honked and just gone ahead lol. The conversation happened in the parking lot next to the road, she rolled her window down, while I stood near her windows and spoke to her. While I went to inspect the car, she said there is no damage, take care and she took off. I have a dashcam so I didn't really bother to take a pic of her number plate (which was a terrible idea). I went back home and connected it just to find that it didn't record this morning...f*kk.

A couple of paint chips and very tiny dent, so there is no real damage. But the part that pisses me off is that the lady didn't apologize. The first question I asked her was if she was alright. Nothing back, no apology, and of course she took off. If I had the license plate, I would have put in a deliberate hit and run, for the mood I'm in.

As much as I'd like to forget it...that's all I have been thinking about. The dashcam is a Vantrue OnDash S1, it stopped recording from yesterday evening when I was out and started recording everything after the crash.

Is there anything that I should have done differently or can do now? Probably look in the mirror, and ask myself to move on?
Ouch. Never let the person leave without their info, even if it’s just a scratch. What if you develop back pain or whiplash? If they give you grief, remind them it’s the law.

Driving instructor my ass. Either the worst instructor on the planet or a liar.

Glad you and the car are ‘ok’. If you felt the need to brake then you do so, she was clearly following too close.

Shocking news...simplify an already idiot proof test...and guess what happens to the general driver population...

I can see a team lifting a roof off a truck but it would take a crane to lift the truck off the roof and lower it back again.

Surprisingly crushed, I agree. How would they get them out other than the roof being cut? Definitely not a job for amateurs.

A cab voice recorder would be interesting. Would it be "You're beating him Jimmy Bob" or "OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG"

View attachment 65843
I’m guessing the doors on the other side were the access
WTF...isn't the roof supposed to support the weight of the vehicle to prevent flattening of the passengers in a rollover?

Snap. Sorry to hear that. But glad you're ok. Unfortunately you let her leave without getting her info, so now you're SOL. Did your camera actually record the hit? Or just didn't record the plate?

When my Volt got hit in a parking lot, I got the hit on camera, got the colour of the car, but the camera was aimed at cars coming behind me on the road, not from the side in a parking lot so I didn't get the make/model or plate of the person that hit.

I aimed it lower. GTI still doesn't have a camera as I don't want to invest until I'm 100% sure I'm keeping it, but stories like this worry me.

Once I got bumped on the 401 on my way home, first thing I did when I got out is took a pic of the plate just in case. Should you have this issue again, first thing you do is get out, snap of the plate and car (in case plate stolen from another vehicle), and then go talk to the driver.

Back
Top Bottom